Just Remembering

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JNF
CC Rookie

Re: Just Remembering

Post by JNF »

LotusBlossom wrote:
JNF wrote: I remember that ugly painted car going to New York, it was a great run. :D
:lol: Looks like they took a few cans of spray paint and went at it. Either that or a really bad paint brush and house paint.
I have tried to google that ugly car with no sucess. From what I remeber yea paint brush and house paint describe it quite nicely. :oops:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:Hey Mëds, how's the security guard gig?

Sorry to take bite of your argument.
Afraid that one is over my head Tops.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote:
Strangelove wrote:C'mon Mëds, the fix was in?? :lol:

Wake up, this is how they ref in the SCF buddy!

You're blinded to the pussiness due to all that koolaid you've been drinking ole pal.

Oh you know it's true....
I'm guessing you ignored the back-to-back SCF played by Detroit and Pittsburgh.

And Detroit's players have almost always benefited from the protection of the refs.

I'm not saying it was fixed, but the playing surface was definitely tilted in Boston's favor. The Canucks were given a chance to win, just not the same chance that the Bruin's were.
Ummm those Wings/Pens teams had enough talent to overcome a certain level of pussiness.

Last year's Canucks did not. :hmmm:

Waaaaaaay too much pussiness to overcome.

Folks keep reminiscing about the 94 Canucks because at least they died like MEN.

Unlike last year's Canucks.

Y'gotsta have a certain level of "guts and balls" (thanks LB) if y'wantsta overcome a given lack in talent.

Call me old-fashioned but I prefer the 94 version of your Vancouver Canucks to last year's embarrassment.
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

'94 was memorable and '11 was forgettable.

In '94, we had no business being in game 7 of the SC final.

In '11, it should never have gotten to game 7.

In '94, our captain put his team on his back and almost won game 7 single-handedly.

In '11, we got SHUT OUT in game 7.

If the road games were closer in score and the Bruins had won game 7 in spectacular fashion, the loss would have been much easier to stomach. But they weren't and game 7 was a debacle.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

People are really overstating the "embarrassment" factor of last season.

The officiating was what I found most embarrassing.

We were the best team in the league for six months, by FAR, and came within a game of the Stanley Cup. We vanquished our hated rivals the Blackhawks and took home a shitload of hardware. Set franchise records in almost every relevant category.

Was it disappointing as hell? Yes. Embarrassing? No.

There are millions of fans of 28 other teams who would love to be that embarrassed. Try to put it in perspective, guys. You're reading too many rival fan blogs.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Good points Rummy, but the Canucks performance in the SCF was embarrassing.

And predictable.

Deja vu all over again....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:Good points Rummy, but the Canucks performance in the SCF was embarrassing.

And predictable.

Deja vu all over again....
I just want to win a damn cup. Don't care how we do it.

Been waiting my whole life...

:(
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: I just want to win a damn cup. Don't care how we do it.

I know the feeling buddy.

But seeing as how Rogers Arena was built on an ancient indian burial site, it just ain't gunna happen.
____
Try to focus on someday.
jackalman
CC Veteran

Post by jackalman »

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: I just want to win a damn cup. Don't care how we do it.

I know the feeling buddy.

But seeing as how Rogers Arena was built on an ancient indian burial site, it just ain't gunna happen.
The saddle dome is built in the middle of a big pile of shit and they won a cup!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sorry Jackalman, I don't make the rules....
____
Try to focus on someday.
jackalman
CC Veteran

Post by jackalman »

Strangelove wrote:Sorry Jackalman, I don't make the rules....
Sadly...
JNF
CC Rookie

Post by JNF »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Call me old-fashioned but I prefer the 94 version of your Vancouver Canucks to last year's embarrassment.
Well said Doc. The 94 version of the Nucks would have destroyed that Boston team. Oh well we get to go thru it again but this time we will win it :devil:
JNF
CC Rookie

Post by JNF »

Just another reason why the 94 team was so great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbH5SanV_M4
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Rumsfeld wrote:People are really overstating the "embarrassment" factor of last season.
I've spent a few months UNDERSTATING it. Now that hockey is back, I can come to terms with it. Like many fans, I really didn't feel that disappointed that we lost. It sucked, but it didn't surprise or disappoint me like it should have.

BTW, didn't read a single blog and spent a month of the playoffs in Europe watching games after midnight almost complete oblivious to CDN media.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I loved the early 90's Canucks. If the Rags didn't get that extra day break between games 6 and 7 we aren't having this conversation Mondi.
Question for ya Blob.....

If the officiating had been honest enough to penalize Chara every time he sat on a player behind the B's net, and thereby giving us a plethora of deserved 5-on-3 PP chances, or, if they had sent whichever Boston Bully at the time to the penalty box every time he took a liberty in an attempt to intimidate one of our players, would we still be having this conversation?

Daniel Sedin getting a penalty for taking 5 shots to the head after a whistle pretty much summed up the way the league wanted that series to go.
I don't disagree that the officiating was poor Mëds but the fact is the Canucks PP was non existent against the B's. I'm not sure how much diffference it would have made.

there were a lot of factors why the team lost- poor officiating, lousy PP, injuries, complete meltdowns by Luongo, the team coming unglued and participating in scrums they had no business being in. It is what is .

The 2011 team had more talent than the 94 team but for my money the 94 team had a lot more heart and they were a lot tougher.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”