Team 1040 does not renew (i.e. fires) Big Daddy's Contract

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Team 1040 does not renew (i.e. fires) Big Daddy's Contra

Post by black ace »

Rick Ball just got a job doing play by play on CBC for the Winnipeg Jet games.

Pretty good gig for him.

B-Mac is by far the best thing going on the Team and I dont mind a little Sekeras mixed in. The kurtenbloggers are tough to listen to for more than 30 minutes.

Lots of talk about a possible new Sportsnet radio coming to Vancouver or perhaps a western Canadian TSN radio.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

black ace wrote:Rick Ball just got a job doing play by play on CBC for the Winnipeg Jet games.
Good for Rick, I always thought he called a good game when he did the radio for the Rockets.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

IN THE WORDS OF DOUGLAS MACARTHUR (NOT SURE IF SOME OF YOU KIDS KNOW WHO HE WAS):

"I SHALL RETURN"

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

DavidPratt_ wrote:IN THE WORDS OF DOUGLAS MACARTHUR (NOT SURE IF SOME OF YOU KIDS KNOW WHO HE WAS):

"I SHALL RETURN"

DP
Good for you Pratt. At least you are entertaining.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Canuck-One wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:IN THE WORDS OF DOUGLAS MACARTHUR (NOT SURE IF SOME OF YOU KIDS KNOW WHO HE WAS):

"I SHALL RETURN"

DP
Good for you Pratt. At least you are entertaining.
Exactly I don't believe I've listened to 1040 since Pratt left
cheers
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

Fred wrote: Exactly I don't believe I've listened to 1040 since Pratt left
Too bad, your missing out,Taylor sounds like a much happier man and the shows actually revolve around sports instead of Pratts backwards opinions on music,bike lanes,Toronto,TV shows etc.,
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Ropesauce wrote: Too bad, your missing out
I wouldn't go that far.

Last time I checked if you take something bad out of something that is already bad, it is still bad.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I like the mid-day show a lot. I listen to it when I'm working. I hope they make Moj the permanent host. I'm guessing Sekeres will come in between his cigarette puffs. :D
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Ropesauce wrote:
Too bad, your missing out,Taylor sounds like a much happier man and the shows actually revolve around sports instead of Pratts backwards opinions on music,bike lanes,Toronto,TV shows etc.,

It just doesn't entertain me any more. Moj is a football fan through and through...but I'll give you he does try. BMac baseball and a legend in his own mind, Sekoris has a voice made for print journalism, Taylor without Pratt is like popcorn without butter. Ball has a better gig else where. I'd guess Vcr is a first and foremost a hockey town
cheers
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Fred wrote:
Ropesauce wrote:

It just doesn't entertain me any more. Moj is a football fan through and through...but I'll give you he does try. BMac baseball and a legend in his own mind, Sekoris has a voice made for print journalism, Taylor without Pratt is like popcorn without butter. Ball has a better gig else where. I'd guess Vcr is a first and foremost a hockey town
So let's get this straight. You haven't listened since Pratt left and you are no longer entertained? I do not get it. You are right with your guess though, Vancouver is a hockey market first. I am not sure how Pratt leaving changes the focus on hockey. Especially when, you know, the season starts. How will we ever survive without his daily nonsense.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

"I SHALL RETURN"DP
Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.
DM
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Too bad, your missing out,Taylor sounds like a much happier man and the shows actually revolve around sports instead of Pratts backwards opinions on music,bike lanes,Toronto,TV shows etc.,[/quote]

It just doesn't entertain me any more. Moj is a football fan through and through...but I'll give you he does try. BMac baseball and a legend in his own mind, Sekoris has a voice made for print journalism, Taylor without Pratt is like popcorn without butter. Ball has a better gig else where. I'd guess Vcr is a first and foremost a hockey town[/quote]

So let's get this straight. You haven't listened since Pratt left and you are no longer entertained? I do not get it. You are right with your guess though, Vancouver is a hockey market first. I am not sure how Pratt leaving changes the focus on hockey. Especially when, you know, the season starts. How will we ever survive without his daily nonsense.[/quote]

I liked Pratt. I enjoyed his political ramblings as well, let's face it the great gregor is a one hit wonder who will be gone in the next election. I hate the stupidity of trying to turn Vancouver into a bicycle path. Roads were made for cars. Anyway let's get the season started and hopefully someone will rise up and entertain me as much as Pratt did.
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

Canuck-One wrote: I liked Pratt. I enjoyed his political ramblings as well, let's face it the great gregor is a one hit wonder who will be gone in the next election. I hate the stupidity of trying to turn Vancouver into a bicycle path. Roads were made for cars. Anyway let's get the season started and hopefully someone will rise up and entertain me as much as Pratt did.
I'm with you Canuck One, some of the more studious and pure (dare I say it) sports fans can make do with his absence with guys like Rome and Patrick. They are talented and all that I get it, but for me they don't cover or care about the things I care about. Pratt is as close as it gets when it comes to a sportsjournalist/radio personality/entertainer that Vancouver has. I think the TEAM has screwed up by not resigning him and the ONLY reason they are getting away with it is that they are the only show in town. Right now they have both the Lions and Canucks, but if Rogers does enter the market and Pratt ends up there the TEAM had better have found an equivalent.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

ukcanuck wrote:
Canuck-One wrote: but if Rogers does enter the market and Pratt ends up there the TEAM had better have found an equivalent.
.20 seconds on google:

--

I get it though, some people prefer to be entertained by utter stupidity. That's not even meant to be an insult really, but millions of people flock to theatres to hand over $10 to watch garbage every day.

My apologies to the monkey, I hope insulting him with the Prat comparison did not break board rules.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

dhabums wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Canuck-One wrote: but if Rogers does enter the market and Pratt ends up there the TEAM had better have found an equivalent.
.20 seconds on google:

--

I get it though, some people prefer to be entertained by utter stupidity. That's not even meant to be an insult really, but millions of people flock to theatres to hand over $10 to watch garbage every day.

My apologies to the monkey, I hope insulting him with the Prat comparison did not break board rules.

Why do you have a need to say things like that. The guy likes the Pratt show ( as I did) why should any one infer some ones stupid. What's it to you. You don't enjoy it.....fine....but there's no need to mock those that do
cheers