11/12 Training Camp Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 11/12 Training Camp Thread

Post by Strangelove » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:13 am

Corb wrote: Nolan.... released.
Yep and The Great Strangelove is right AGAIN. :shock:

It's a curse I tell ya!

Folks tend to think of you as an arrogant know-it-all when you're right all the time!

And that hurts.

Perhaps The Great Strangelove should purposely be wrong about a thing or two? :look:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:15 am

^^^ THINK about it. 8-)
2011..... the one that got away.

Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:27 am

Strangelove wrote:

It's a curse I tell ya!

Folks tend to think of you as an arrogant know-it-all when you're right all the time!

And that hurts.

Perhaps The Great Strangelove should purposely be wrong about a thing or two? :look:
How much would you charge Francesco, for a few hours of your time, to rally the troops before the start of the season?

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Strangelove wrote:

It's a curse I tell ya!

And that hurts.

Remember when you were wrong about picking a leaf for your hockey pool team and corrected it the following season by selecting the entire leaf line up.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:43 pm

I thought that was because his entry was late and we all bitched about letting him play so chris gave him all Leaves... :wink:

Fedoruk still around....cody will be just fine, 2nd till we get healthy then back and forth on 2nd or 3rd for the remainder..

Sorry cornuck
Last edited by rats19 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Getting old is not for the young...

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Back on topic please...
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Fedoruk moves pretty well for his size. He's gotten himself into good scoring positions a few times, but sadly didn't finish. I do worry about the 2 pounds of metal in his head, but last night I was wondering if Winchester was the one with metallic skull :o

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:06 pm

I liked the way Fedoruk challenged the Ducks bench after that hit on Duco. In the past there was a lot of sheepish players examining thier gloves and staring at their navels. Parros Perry and Getzlaf there's no free rides as of that moment. I liked it
cheers

Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Benjo wrote:Dislocated shoulder for Pinizzotto and a broken hand or finger for Rome. AV is talking like Jensen could make the team this season and he was very unhappy with the late hit by Murray on Lappiere which was similar to the hit that got Rome suspended.
Rome's injury bodes well for Ballard to make the top 6. I believe Tanev will play himself onto the top 6, or at a minimum, be our #7 guy. Still, we are only 1 more injury, and Alberts or Ballard returning to the bad form they are capable of before we are starting another round of AHL call-ups on defense. hmmmmm

BXA/Edler
Ham/Salo
Ballard/Alberts
Tanev (Rome)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Fred wrote:In the past there was a lot of sheepish players examining thier gloves and staring at their navels.
They were trying to figure out how to get them unstitched from their jersey?

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Tciso wrote: Rome's injury bodes well for Ballard to make the top 6.
If Ballard needs an injury to little AV to crack the top 6 he and this team are in trouble and Big AV needs a punch in the snout to knock some sense into him.

I think Ballard has played pretty decent in the limited time I have seen him this pre season. Not 4.2 million decent but certainly a 2.5 - 3 million kind of decent. I kinda agree with Doc though, if he can't play both sides effectively he's an awfully expensive insurance policy as a 3rd string left side D-man.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 pm

Tciso wrote:
Rome's injury bodes well for Ballard to make the top 6. I believe Tanev will play himself onto the top 6, or at a minimum, be our #7 guy. Still, we are only 1 more injury, and Alberts or Ballard returning to the bad form they are capable of before we are starting another round of AHL call-ups on defense. hmmmmm

BXA/Edler
Ham/Salo
Ballard/Alberts
Tanev (Rome)
I don't dislike Ballard, and I don't think AV does either (really), but if you're looking for grit/size then you have to go with Alberts and Rome. If you're looking towards the future you need to stick Tanev in there. If you're looking at your payroll, you stick Ballard in there.

Ballard has looked good the few times I have seen him in the preseason (in other words, once) but even with the injury to Rome Ballard might not find fulltime employment.

Scintillator
CC Veteran

Post by Scintillator » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:38 pm

God. I'm praying the Ballard saga ends soon... one way, or another...

Can't survive another season of "who shot KB4?" :crazy:

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:16 pm

dr.dork wrote:I don't dislike Ballard, and I don't think AV does either (really), but if you're looking for grit/size then you have to go with Alberts and Rome. If you're looking towards the future you need to stick Tanev in there. If you're looking at your payroll, you stick Ballard in there.

Ballard has looked good the few times I have seen him in the preseason (in other words, once) but even with the injury to Rome Ballard might not find fulltime employment.
How about 'if you want the best skater' you go with Ballard.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Ballard will crack the top-six easily. If he doesn't then this rift runs a lot deeper than anybody has let on. Rome and Alberts are not better NHL defencemen than a healthy KB4, and at this stage it's debatable whether Tanev is even ready for full-time big-league duty.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society