Byfuglien arrested for drunk boating, also got fat

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: Byfuglien arrested for drunk boating, also got fat

Post by LotusBlossom »

Maybe he and Wellwood should be friends. Oh well, not good for the Jets but perhaps good for Luongo when they face them! lol :lol:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

The weight doesn't surprise me one bit. It's long been reported that Buff played junior at close to 300 lbs.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Fred wrote:
PRATT OUT
So where are you head towards now... a new gig ?
GOOD QUESTION.

'NUFF SAID RIGHT NOW.

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Byfug ... story.html

These guys are really out to get Fugly.

While I don't particularly hold any love for him, I hope all of this works out and it doesn't disrupt his career too much.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

So, what drug would leave a brown stain on your tongue? What the fuck was he doing :shock:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I'm just wondering if an NHL referee's asshole was present on the boat or the immediate vicinity. It would explain both the stain and all the shit the Hawks got away with in front of Lou a couple years back.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

These guys are really out to get Fugly.

How does an article citing an official police report of a high-profile arrest equate being "out to get" lardass?
While I don't particularly hold any love for him, I hope all of this works out and it doesn't disrupt his career too much.
Oh, indeed. I just hope the poor guy gets to continue endangering innocent boaters in peace. He obviously holds the contract that's made him a multi-millionaire in his 20's with the utmost regard. If a professional athlete can't get fat as fuck in the off-season when his only obligation during said timeframe is not to get fat as fuck... well, what's the world coming to. Put down your pitchforks, gang. It's just Fugly being Fugly.

If Loungo did this you'd probably call for the death penalty.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I quite liked Bob McKenzie's Twitter Defence of Byfuglien, dispelling the rumors that he'd put on 40 pounds since last camp.

Basically he says Buff's weight is actually below last year's training camp weight of 269 lbs, but then points out that he put on 19 fricking pounds during the season. Gee, I think we may have figured out why he went from a PPG defenseman in the first half to a diabetic-like 13 points in the back half of the season!! Seriously, whoever was feeding that boy must be a mad genius, a pro hockey player typically burns what, 5000 calories a day during the season? Add in all the extra weight he's lugging around to begin with, and to THEN increase weight by 19 pounds is a staggering achievement in the field of gluttony!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ESQ wrote:I quite liked Bob McKenzie's Twitter Defence of Byfuglien, dispelling the rumors that he'd put on 40 pounds since last camp.
It's too bad McKenzie can't dispell the existence of this picture.

He's got tits for Chrissakes. McKenzie probably thinks Buff looks like a Greek god here... and compared to Bob that would be true.

But that is outrageously overweight for an athlete competing in a sport where low body fat is one of the paramount factors to success. It means that training camp is dedicated to losing the lard instead of sharpening skills. Players should arrive at camp in the best shape they will be in all year. It also means that a drastic calorie-cutting meal plan is necessary, which burns off muscle mass and generally tires and weakens a player, thereby guaranteeing he will have a sub-standard camp.

The Fugster is basically telling his teammates, coaches, fans and management to go fuck themselves. He has had weight issues in the past, but I highly doubt it's a coincidence that the first time in his pro career that he really let himself go was the season after his gigantic contract.

These guys have personal trainers, dieticians, and all the time in the world to be in shape. It's one thing to show up fat in your mid-to-late-thirties as a fringe player (still unacceptable), but this guy is still a kid and a key player for the Winnipeg Weapons Systems.

Buffy is an indulgent fat prick, and his actions on the lake that day are just further evidence of his selfish and gluttonous behavior.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

The guy is fat folks. He has boobies, a belly and big fat kid cheeks. He is a big, dumb fatty. If you don't think this is affecting or will affect his career you're delusional. At some point his skill won't be able to mask the fact that he's just plain lazy and unprofessional.

I can't understand how an athlete can have so little regard for his physical conditioning. He must have not trained at all during the summer and ate like a pig to gain that much weight. How professional. I'm sure his employers and teammates are impressed. He's in his mid 20's for crying out loud and he looks like a 50+ year old Charles Barkley with more hair and less personality.
Last edited by herb on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well said poster Rummy.

I was so glad to hear...

Fat Fugly Fucks up in Fargo! :lol:

And I believe it's all because The Great Strangelove put a curse on him after this:

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

herb wrote:The guy is fat folks. He has boobies, a belly and big fat kid cheeks. He is a big, dumb fatty.

He's in his mid 20's for crying out loud and he looks like a 50+ year old Charles Barkley with more hair and less personality.
:lol:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

My apologies to Sir Charles...he's only 48.

Seriously though, compare the two. Barkley might even be in better shape. His boobies are defnitely less pointy.

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

herb wrote:My apologies to Sir Charles...he's only 48.

Seriously though, compare the two. Barkley might even be in better shape. His boobies are defnitely less pointy.

Well, Buffy is every bit as proficient at the art of dunking...