Page 52 of 127

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:12 am
by Arachnid
Hockey Widow wrote:Ken King now throwing Iginla under the bus. This from Cowpuke:


Ken King interview on sportnet today.

-Iginla forced flames hands, would only agree to go to pits
-should of had iginlas list of preferred teams in writing
-says management thought the team would compete this year
-backhandedly admits that the rebuild has started (at very end)

To me this show again how Feaster messed up. He thought he had the green light but not so. Now they blame Iginla for exercising his right to refuse to go to Boston.

Hopefully MG avoids this with Luongo.
The team has to be in the East and at he very least in the top 10. I could see Luo boycotting say NYI.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:14 am
by Topper
Just listened to the interview, what comes across is Damien Cox is an idiot.

He represents the 6 year old Bountiful crowd very well.

Seems the fuck up was between Feaster and Chiarelli. The question is, did Feaster tell Boston the deal negotiated was dependant upon Al Jolson's approval.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-time-sports/

The best thing about the trade is Vancouver has two more games vs the Flames.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:37 am
by Potatoe1
Hockey Widow wrote:Ken King now throwing Iginla under the bus. This from Cowpuke:


Ken King interview on sportnet today.

-Iginla forced flames hands, would only agree to go to pits
-should of had iginlas list of preferred teams in writing
-says management thought the team would compete this year
-backhandedly admits that the rebuild has started (at very end)

To me this show again how Feaster messed up. He thought he had the green light but not so. Now they blame Iginla for exercising his right to refuse to go to Boston.
I dont see the point in King saying this.

The Bruins offer was basically a first plus a B level and C level prospect. The Pens offer was a first and two C level prospects.

So you are going to throw one of the best players in franchise history under the Bus over the difference between a B and C prospect?

-edit- I take it back after listening to the interview in full King clearly did not throw Iginla under the bus.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:36 am
by okcanuck
King didn't throw Iginla under the bus. All he said was Iginla had the last say and he exercised that option. He lauded Iginla in the interview calling him an iconic figure in Calgary and that it was a very sad day for the organization.

Topper is right Damian Cox came across as the moronic Torontonian that he is.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:18 pm
by Topper
Potatoe1 wrote:-edit- I take it back after listening to the interview in full King clearly did not throw Iginla under the bus.
Boom chackalacca boom

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:47 pm
by BCExpat
So J-Bo nets another 1st round pick and two no-name prospects from the Blues.

That's 3 1st round draft picks in a deep draft. Should be a good start for a re-build.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:53 pm
by Uncle dans leg
It's about 3 years late but there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel for u eh Strath-man? ;)

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:54 pm
by Blob Mckenzie
BCExpat wrote:So J-Bo nets another 1st round pick and two no-name prospects from the Blues.

That's 3 1st round draft picks in a deep draft. Should be a good start for a re-build.
Good dump for the Flames. I look to move Kipper , Tanguay and Cammalleri next. Perhaps Glencross.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:02 pm
by Aaronp18
BCExpat wrote: That's 3 1st round draft picks in a deep draft. Should be a good start for a re-build.
Only if the Blues make the playoffs, which they should, otherwise it's a 4th this year and a 1st in 2014.

Although based on J-Bows history it may be all but guaranteed that the Blues will miss the playoffs.

:wink:

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:08 pm
by BCExpat
Uncle dans leg wrote:It's about 3 years late but there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel for u eh Strath-man? ;)
I've been looking for a re-build for at least 3 years now. But, yeah, it's nice that it is finally happening. I'm happy that they are getting 1st round draft picks, but it's a gamble, especially with Feaster running the show. Anyway, it had to be done. I hope they aren't finished either. Really gut the team and suck for the next two or three years and pile up high draft picks. Then, in about 5 years, they might have at team that will be interesting to watch.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 pm
by Hockey Widow
Apparently the Leaves have been given permission to speak to Kipper and his agent.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:32 pm
by Island Nucklehead
Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently the Leaves have been given permission to speak to Kipper and his agent.
Flames are in full "retool" :lol: mode...


So Luongo is only worth a 2nd round pick? Does anyone truly believe this?? Luongo guarantees wins. Bouwmeester guarantees you don't make the playoffs.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:04 am
by damonberryman
BCExpat wrote:So J-Bo nets another 1st round pick and two no-name prospects from the Blues.

That's 3 1st round draft picks in a deep draft. Should be a good start for a re-build.
The scouts have done an about face on this draft with them now saying the top ten are good but after that it is a week draft.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:36 am
by Topper
Lost in all the Flames talk I have read is the fact they are clearing a boatload of cap space.

Their picks and prospects may not see an NHL game for 3-4 years, In the mean time, the free agent market is theirs to milk.

Question is, can their management handle the task?

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:25 am
by dbr
Can Calgary even attract top tier free agents?

They got Bouwmeester (who they've now dealt to free up room for some other UFA) but otherwise I can't think of too many high profile signings over the last decade.

The space they've got now might give them ample room to sign a handful of top nine forwards and top four defensemen which will help, but otherwise I don't see their cap space providing them much of an advantage.