From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:flamers about to go to 2-7-0.
Flamers ripping into Dougie "Soft & Tasty Like Cow Poo" Hamilton.

Minus 11 now...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I want the cow lovers to start winning, don't want them to get a top 5 pick.

All fans are bad, I just really love how that place talks about Nuck and Oiler fans and they are even worse.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Oh fuck it's so great over there right now.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

One of the problems the Flames are experiencing now is the loss of Kipper. For years they were a bad team that, when they had good streaks, it was on the back of Kipper. He hid a lot of warts for that organization. After he left, they were bad, had a bounce back year where they played over their heads and barely made the playoffs. But now they get to see just how bad they actually are without a goalie like Kipper carrying their mail. If they had Kipper in his prime right now they would be winning a lot of these games.

I've said for a few years now it's one of Anaheim's problems too. They tried to get Miller but offered less cap and term that Vancouver which I think they regret. I venture that had they signs Miller they may have won a cup last year.

Teams like Edmonton, Toronto and now Calgary will get no where without goaltending. Edmonton may have it in Talbot, way to early to tell.

Shows how blessed we have been with Luongo, Schneider, Lack, Miller and perhaps, early days, Markstrom and Demko down the road. A good sold goalie can hide a lot of problems on a team.

Calgary fans are just not used to suckage goaltending.
The only HW the Canucks need
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

The strange thing about Calgary is they have essentially the same team that made the playoffs last season...

Out:
Byron
Glencross (traded at deadline)
Diaz

In:
Frolik
Bennett
Hamilton

Plus they have Giordano back from injury...

You'd think that swapping Byron, Glencross, and Diaz for Frolik, Bennett, and Hamilton would be at minimum a wash, but more likely an improvement.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:One of the problems the Flames are experiencing now is the loss of Kipper. For years they were a bad team that, when they had good streaks, it was on the back of Kipper. He hid a lot of warts for that organization. After he left, they were bad, had a bounce back year where they played over their heads and barely made the playoffs. But now they get to see just how bad they actually are without a goalie like Kipper carrying their mail. If they had Kipper in his prime right now they would be winning a lot of these games.

I've said for a few years now it's one of Anaheim's problems too. They tried to get Miller but offered less cap and term that Vancouver which I think they regret. I venture that had they signs Miller they may have won a cup last year.

Teams like Edmonton, Toronto and now Calgary will get no where without goaltending. Edmonton may have it in Talbot, way to early to tell.

Shows how blessed we have been with Luongo, Schneider, Lack, Miller and perhaps, early days, Markstrom and Demko down the road. A good sold goalie can hide a lot of problems on a team.

yet they had so much confidence in their three headed hydra the were worried of losing one to waivers
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:One of the problems the Flames are experiencing now is the loss of Kipper. For years they were a bad team that, when they had good streaks, it was on the back of Kipper. He hid a lot of warts for that organization. After he left, they were bad, had a bounce back year where they played over their heads and barely made the playoffs. But now they get to see just how bad they actually are without a goalie like Kipper carrying their mail. If they had Kipper in his prime right now they would be winning a lot of these games.

This should be noted, really happy with Miller on this team, he's the true stabilizer till Markstrom and/or Demko are ready.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

I said it earlier, they had lots of good fortune on their side last year. They had at least one goalie running hot and half their roster was having a career year. They cashed in all their karma and now things are back to average.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Good to see the cow lovers has 5 pages on the Tootoo/Burrows issue.

Seriously - I have never seen a site that goes on and on about how bad other sites are and then they post what they do there. Me thinks many of them spend too much time sniffing the stuff that comes out of back end of the cow.

Try a little BC Bud and it may relax them a little.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Reefer2 wrote:
Seriously - I have never seen a site that goes on and on about how bad other sites are and then they post what they do there.
Well...welcome to page 94 of exactly this lol
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Seriously - I have never seen a site that goes on and on about how bad other sites are and then they post what they do there.
Not even close, we don't go on about players from the Flames or their city, fans etc. We poke fun at the fans on that site directly because they are who they are.

We also don't think the posters on this site are so great and everyone else sucks and lastly thank God we have no Bingo running this site.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Reefer2 wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Not even close, 1.we don't go on about players from the Flames or their city, fans etc. We poke fun at the fans on that site directly because they are who they are.

We also don't think the posters on this site are so 2.great and everyone else sucks and lastly thank God 3.we have no Bingo running this site.
1-ummmm...we trash on cowgrease non-stop
2-the great strangelove says hi
3-Corny....need I say more

*kicks the beehive then runs away
If you need air...call it in
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
94 pages over 4 years is less than 0.5 pages a week.

This thread was actually started by a Flames fan.

We praise the players/coaches/contributors on occasion.

It's apples and orangutans.

*adjusts cravat and takes a sip of tea*
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Not even close, 1.we don't go on about players from the Flames or their city, fans etc. We poke fun at the fans on that site directly because they are who they are.

We also don't think the posters on this site are so 2.great and everyone else sucks and lastly thank God 3.we have no Bingo running this site.
1-ummmm...we trash on cowgrease non-stop
2-the great strangelove says hi
3-Corny....need I say more

*kicks the beehive then runs away
we go weeks without saying anything about them, most of the stuff on here is about the fans, little about the city but only in playoffs do we talk about the players.

Doc tells everyone how great he is, not how great everyone who sucks the CC teat is, if you get what I mean?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

OMG, I just waded through five pages of an Alex Burrow rant. Unbelievable how fixated that board is with the Canucks, how entrenched they are in their all things hatred. Really really sad people. Ya we have one thread, four years and going but their obsession with hating the Canucks, their fans and the City boarders on a mental illness.

Without knowing what was said they have decided it was racist, homophobic and comments about Tootoo's brothers suicide. Either that or Burrows mocked him for being a drunk.

Probably said something like

" you fucking drunken Indian, do us a favour like your faggot brother did and go kill yourself."

I mean according to Cowpuke if you go by Burrows history it has to be that. Like wtf, what history? Hair pulling and biting turns into this shit. According to WD and to Burrows no lines were crossed and the NHL reviewed the tapes and audio that gets picked up in the box and spoke to the on ice and off ice officials and said no lines were crossed. No disciplary action to be taken but that's not good enough for Cowpukers.

I so much want Burrows to score the OT goal in game seven of the cup finals just to piss those guys off, and well, to win a cup too!
The only HW the Canucks need