From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Strangelove » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:59 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I've been very open minded regarding Elmer


Yeah, I've been noting your backpedaling as the rebuild moves along... :wink:

Right, back to the mongoloids....
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13990
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Ronning's Ghost » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:11 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:So it is your position that the Canucks are further ahead with Boeser, Juolevi, and Whoever (+ Miller's no doubt exemplary leadership) than they would have been with McDavid, Matthews, and Whoever


UMMMM... no way were Canucks going to get McDavid there Bright Eyes.


If you're that certain that the league is rigged, why emotionally invest at all ? I don't think it's completely honest and transparent, but if the league had rigged that lottery outcome, they would have sent McDavid somewhere besides Edmonton.


UMMMM... Canucks had 101 points that season.

Leaves had 68, Oilers had 62, Coyotes had 56, Sabres had 54 points. :scowl:

No way could Canucks have sunk that low and

... the last place team had only a 20% chance of winning the lottery (McDavid).

You are the dumbest smart guy ever. :crazy:

WAKE. THE. FUCK. UP.


Sorry that I wasn't clear. My point was, the Canucks wouldn't have had 101 points that season if they had not had Miller's (expensive, but full-value) high quality goaltending. Therefore, it was of questionable long-term value to have high quality goaltending while rebuilding.

You're right, nothing would have guaranteed McDavid, but they could have improved their chances. And while Boeser is an intriguing prospect, is it your contention that he was the second-best player (or second most useful player to the Canucks in this stage of their development) in that draft? A higher draft pick could have advanced the rebuild.

You and Blob have pointed out that this isn't the right thread for this discussion. If you think there's any point in continuing, please let me know in which thread you'd like to take it up.
Ronning's Ghost
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Strangelove » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Canucks have better odds of signing McDavid to an offer-sheet in 2018

... than they ever had of drafting McDavid in 2015.

(the odds were that small)

You know you're done, give it up...

EDIT: also Sedins' minutes that season were their lowest in 7 seasons and Miller was injured 21 games

... still got 101 points. (Leaves 68, Oilers 62, Coyotes 56, Sabres 54)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13990
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:53 am

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I've been very open minded regarding Elmer


Yeah, I've been noting your backpedaling as the rebuild moves along... :wink:

Right, back to the mongoloids....


Yeah bud ,I think you are confused as to what backpedalling is. I was on board with the four moves I listed and I said so when they happened. You on the other handed have stood and applauded every single move by this administration and won't even entertain the idea they they may have made some mistakes .

Back to the tard farm......
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7629
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Topper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:22 am

Strangelove wrote:Yeah, I've been noting your backpedaling

He keeps it up he may run over a clam.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8598
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Ronning's Ghost » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Strangelove wrote:Canucks have better odds of signing McDavid to an offer-sheet in 2018

... than they ever had of drafting McDavid in 2015.

(the odds were that small)

You know you're done, give it up...

EDIT: also Sedins' minutes that season were their lowest in 7 seasons and Miller was injured 21 games

... still got 101 points. (Leaves 68, Oilers 62, Coyotes 56, Sabres 54)


I replied in "The Great Jim Benning Debate!" thread.
Ronning's Ghost
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:10 pm

and lo and behold B'ingo and his tard farm have 14 pages on a minor Canucks trade. But they aren't obsessed !! LOL not at all Darcy and JiriTard. My team sucks shit , but your whole board is a bunch of hillbilly mongtards. Thanks for making me laugh Blackmores .
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7629
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Rocky Dennis » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:and lo and behold B'ingo and his tard farm have 14 pages on a minor Canucks trade. But they aren't obsessed !! LOL not at all Darcy and JiriTard. My team sucks shit , but your whole board is a bunch of hillbilly mongtards. Thanks for making me laugh Blackmores .


you piqued my curiosity and I had a few minutes on my hands that I obviously didn't mind completely wasting. The best lines that I saw repeated ad nauseum was "Jim finally wins a trade". Now no matter where you fall on the love Benning or hate benning index, at this point in time the Baertschi and Granlund trades are solid wins. So to hear that fan base proclaiming that Jim won his first trade is pretty comical.
User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Yeah I'm as hard on Elmer as anyone on this board but to call that his first win is asinine. The Bieksa and Garrison trades were fine. Baertschi for a second was ok. I'm still not a fan of Granlund but Hunter hasn't done much.

The tard farm is fun to read at times. B'ingo is a kind hearted man for giving that many special needs kids a place to play.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7629
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby SKYO » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Matthew Tkachuk suspended two games which I'm sure is the first of many suspensions.

https://www.nhl.com/news/calgary-flames ... -287899848
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7781
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:50 am

Wonder if there's any chance of a Battle of Alberta series. Both of those teams are pretty fun to watch these days and both play pretty physical too.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7629
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:45 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Wonder if there's any chance of a Battle of Alberta series. Both of those teams are pretty fun to watch these days and both play pretty physical too.

Oh fuck ya. Everyone out here wants that as well.

Gotta think the ducks are clicking at the right time though and cant see either alberian team winning a 7 gamer against them.
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3687
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:29 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Wonder if there's any chance of a Battle of Alberta series. Both of those teams are pretty fun to watch these days and both play pretty physical too.

Oh fuck ya. Everyone out here wants that as well.

Gotta think the ducks are clicking at the right time though and cant see either alberian team winning a 7 gamer against them.


I could definitely see either Alberta team taking down Anaheim. Calgary is the more complete squad, but if the Oilers get rolling offensively...
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7243
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:28 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Wonder if there's any chance of a Battle of Alberta series. Both of those teams are pretty fun to watch these days and both play pretty physical too.

Oh fuck ya. Everyone out here wants that as well.

Gotta think the ducks are clicking at the right time though and cant see either alberian team winning a 7 gamer against them.


I could definitely see either Alberta team taking down Anaheim. Calgary is the more complete squad, but if the Oilers get rolling offensively...

Watched the oiler ducks game a couple days ago and anaheim had the answer to mcjesus...kesler started chopping and whacking. Connor was pretty well neutralized. If he cant make offence then theyre done.
The lames i dont see as much of but the way anaheim breaks the forecheck with that quick D i cant see them making it either.
At least there will be a couple of western cdn teams in there
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3687
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Postby Strangelove » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:At least there will be a couple of western cdn teams in there


Yeahno we only like one western cdn team around here. :evil: :twisted: :evil:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13990
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ESQ, lostinarink, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests