From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:14 pm Jarome Iginla retires today.

Hell of a career!

Hate the Flames but like Jarome. Pure class all the way
Hard to hate the guy. The battles between him and Ohlund were something to behold. Best wishes to him in retirement.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Never could stand the puke, cheap and dirty when loosing then went cup team shopping with a FAIL.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:28 am Never could stand the puke, cheap and dirty when loosing then went cup team shopping with a FAIL.
At least you’re consistent. :lol: Al Joelson you used to call him.

If he was cheap and dirty he certainly backed it up against anyone. Certainly not a spot picker. I thought he was a pretty honest player myself....

Yeah the whoreing out didn’t work out for him that’s for sure.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Fifty Fifty
CC Rookie

Post by Fifty Fifty »

I have an image burned in my memory of him in the Salt Lake Olympics gold medal game, flying into the opposition corner, nostrils flared like some mad warhorse - he was pretty fiercesome.

Also will always remember Crosby calling "Iggy" before taking the pass and burying the shot behind Miller in 2011.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The #flames have placed Troy Brouwer on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buyout.
cf: Troy Brouwer of the Calgary #Flames is on unconditional waivers for purpose of a buyout per @reporterchris With 2 years remaining on his contract, the buyout spans 4 years, with a cap hit of $1.5M in each year.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:10 pm The #flames have placed Troy Brouwer on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buyout.
cf: Troy Brouwer of the Calgary #Flames is on unconditional waivers for purpose of a buyout per @reporterchris With 2 years remaining on his contract, the buyout spans 4 years, with a cap hit of $1.5M in each year.
Sounds about right.

But wait, what's all this...
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:59 pm It would be nice to add a guy like Brouwer as well as Milan but we won't have the cap space due to all the bad contracts on the team .
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:54 am We should have around 23-25 million to go shopping with this July. I would target any of Lucic, Ladd, Demers, Goligiski, Yandle, Boedker, Eriksson, Backes, Okposo, Brouwer. There's a few others as well and to get 2 - 3 of these guys could speed up the rebuild.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:39 am I would target Devante Smith-Pelly, Jamie Mcginn, maybe Jon Merrill. Brouwer at perhaps 4 years and 4.25.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:42 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:02 pm I would take Lucic at $6M until he is 34 years old over Eriksson at the same price until he is 37.
I probably would as well Mëds but he didn't want to play here, same with Andrew Ladd.

I don't mind Eriksson, he's a good player and a solid two way guy. Sure the term all of the top line guys got is a bit long, but that's what it takes to land a big fish on July 1. A Brouwer or a Mcginn on top of Loui would have been a good day for Ignitowski.
:wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yep I was wrong on that one. It’s not as bad as Eriksson’s contract but it’s a shitty deal for sure. He was as coming off a couple decent seasons. Not sure what the fuck happened. I was wanting Bouwer at around 4 and Ladd at 4.7-5 ish. I still think Ladd can play. Thing is both of these guys play with some balls... Louis, not so much. He is allergic to traffic.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:16 pm Yep I was wrong on that one. It’s not as bad as Eriksson’s contract but it’s a shitty deal for sure. He was as coming off a couple decent seasons. Not sure what the fuck happened. I was wanting Brouwer at around 4 and Ladd at 4.7-5 ish. I still think Ladd can play. Thing is both of these guys play with some balls... Louis, not so much. He is allergic to traffic.
But you said good things about all 3 of those guys and their contracts in the quotes above!

C'mon Blobby, get angry, don't listen to those schmucks, I feel like Charlton in this scene:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:35 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:16 pm Yep I was wrong on that one. It’s not as bad as Eriksson’s contract but it’s a shitty deal for sure. He was as coming off a couple decent seasons. Not sure what the fuck happened. I was wanting Brouwer at around 4 and Ladd at 4.7-5 ish. I still think Ladd can play. Thing is both of these guys play with some balls... Louis, not so much. He is allergic to traffic.
But you said good things about all 3 of those guys and their contracts in the quotes above!

C'mon Blobby, get angry, don't listen to those schmucks, I feel like Charlton in this scene:

I think I’m more of the James Franciscus role in the 2nd Ape movie. Brent was his name ??

That whole crew from 2016 UFA looks pretty shabby.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Flames fans are enraged at Ryan Kesler for his comments to Ryan Johansen over at Bountiful. Something tells me Johansen probably laughed it off but that messagboard is right pissed about this.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:40 pm Flames fans are enraged at Ryan Kesler for his comments to Ryan Johansen over at Bountiful. Something tells me Johansen probably laughed it off but that messagboard is right pissed about this.

That’s too funny. That message board is so obsessed with all things Canuck, and ex-Canuck.

I kind of feel bad for Kesler, his career could be done.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RK and his tragic hip
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

And not even a shoulder to lean on.
"evolution"
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:40 pm Flames fans are enraged at Ryan Kesler for his comments to Ryan Johansen over at Bountiful. Something tells me Johansen probably laughed it off but that messagboard is right pissed about this.
It's a long slow summer, so they just need something to complain about. It sounded more like a joke to me, rather than a serious challenge.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

An actual piece of hockey news.
https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-trade- ... 018/08/20/
Shinkaruk for Rychel.
"evolution"