From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Aaronp18 »

vic wrote: wanted to put an image in here, but it was too big - here's a link
http://i.imgur.com/fdKz8oA.png
That pic from 2004 is so pixelated you can't determine fuck all. Inconclusive!

The one from last night shows just how far off the ice the puck actually was when it hit Anderson's pad, making that view a terrible one to determine whether or not the puck was completely across the line. Look at the distance between the goal line and the beginning of Anderson's pad right along the ice. Doesn't really look as though it's more than a puck length! Inconclusive.

The league has admitted that that is a terrible angle to view whether or not the puck crosses the line. They rarely use it for a reason.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Otto kicked it in anyways....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

rats19 wrote:Otto kicked it in anyways....
Which is why the Flamers will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt from this Canucks fan.

:drink:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote: The one from last night shows just how far off the ice the puck actually was when it hit Anderson's pad, making that view a terrible one to determine whether or not the puck was completely across the line. Look at the distance between the goal line and the beginning of Anderson's pad right along the ice. Doesn't really look as though it's more than a puck length! Inconclusive.

The league has admitted that that is a terrible angle to view whether or not the puck crosses the line. They rarely use it for a reason.
Yup.

Vic, imagine a puck resting on the surface of the ice, touching the goal line, no white showing in between.

Now elevate that puck a few inches in the air.

From the angle in your pic, you would now see white between the puck and the goal line

.... even though it is hovering directly over the spot where it was touching the goal line.

NO GOAL, the puck must cross the line completely.

Good luck explaining that to Caltards though.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Here's a great look at how angles can skew perception!

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/if-yo ... -this-out/
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Which is why the Flamers will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt from this Canucks fan.

Yep, it's an ottomatic.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

He always does.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The loss was all about stringing Allison Redford up by the balls and pruning the turncoat exWildRose.

The NDP is a factional mess and every special interest group will be creeping from cracks in the floor demanding their share. I doubt if there is money to do that, but if the commie bus bomber Mayor in Cowturdville gets rolling grab your Koran and run. He may have a greater profile the new Premier and I have little doubt he'll start using it.

I hope that once the new government gets a look at the books and realizes the shithole they are in they keep their greenie weenie paws of the industrial development that pays the bills.

I think we'll see them try to attack urban development, real estate speculation and urban sprawl.

Just think if Trudeau defeats Harper and brings back a National Energy Policy with the aid of Alberta's NDP. LOL
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Aaronp18 wrote:
vic wrote: wanted to put an image in here, but it was too big - here's a link
http://i.imgur.com/fdKz8oA.png
That pic from 2004 is so pixelated you can't determine fuck all. Inconclusive!

The one from last night shows just how far off the ice the puck actually was when it hit Anderson's pad, making that view a terrible one to determine whether or not the puck was completely across the line. Look at the distance between the goal line and the beginning of Anderson's pad right along the ice. Doesn't really look as though it's more than a puck length! Inconclusive.

If it were 2 calls like that against the Canucks, we'd be all over it...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Strangelove wrote:Check this out Vic:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/how- ... ames-goal/
:thumbs:

That was cool - thanks for sharing it....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Visiting the shithole that is Calgarypuck is good for a depressed Canucks fan because even though the Flames are a decent young team on the rise and Ignitowski is hamstringing the Canucks, 95 % of that board are retards.

Thank you for the laughs D'Arcy and Jiri and keep up all the inbreeding. Even though my hockey team stinks , I can always count on you idiots to make me feel better .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Flames fans upset Byron picked up on waivers by Montreal. I guess we are not the only team that gambled on waivers.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

They now have a new thread about what is wrong with the team.

5 - 6 games in and they are already want massive changes etc, amazing what 1 loss to Edmonton does to the fans. I couldn't be happier for it to happen to the fans at that site, not the team, or the city or the other fans, but that site deserves everything they get.

Also I love how no matter what other fans do, nothing compares to the baby eating, devil worshipping, lamb whoreing fans called Canuck fans. 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

In the "she said no" flyers thread bountiful elder Jiri is angry at one of the posters for taking an " unprovoked swipe " at the mongtard farm as if they post as one collective voice . Uhhhhh Jiri they do and if they don't you and Father D'Arcy will banish them from the mongtard farm .Funny shit over there .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”