From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Does Reggie Dunlop still post there? I legitmately made him cry at the end of 2001/beg 2001 before Dump came to his rescue like a Knight in shining panties.
dhabums
CC Veteran

Post by dhabums »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I haven't figured out who the biggest pinhead is on that eyesore of a message board. I've got it nailed down to about 4 or 5.

C'sInMyBlood
Winner, winner...

I think the C stands for retarded.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Reggie Dunloüp my one and only superhero
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Let me ask you guys:

Would you rather see the Flames makes the playoffs to get smoked in the first round by Vancouver (assuming that they played us), or would you rather see them miss the post-season altogether?
Benjo
CC Veteran

Post by Benjo »

7th place pretty please.
okcanuck
CC Veteran

Post by okcanuck »

Miss the post-season altogetter.

I love going over to Calpuke and reading about all their lame excuses on why they missed again.Its almost as good as sex.
Not going to happen ,but would also love to see the Shithawkes miss the play-offs .Now that would be better than sex with Cindy Crawford...... I'm quite old
dhabums
CC Veteran

Post by dhabums »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Let me ask you guys:

Would you rather see the Flames makes the playoffs to get smoked in the first round by Vancouver (assuming that they played us), or would you rather see them miss the post-season altogether?
Short term: beat them in round 1.

Long term: miss the playoffs for another 5 years.

I think I'll vote long term.

==

2-0 Stars early.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Love it, every year big hopes and every year nothing.

When will they learn, Sutter screwe that team for a few seasons.

Another lose and althought they are not out of it, I would not give them much of a chance.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

I vote for miss the playoffs. Hoping to play them round one is tempting fate and we need to be careful what we wish for. I see no merit in meeting them in the playoffs, not that I am afraid of them, I just don't care enough about them to have pleasure beating them. I would rather we just play whoever is on the list and just go about our business. Besides it will be fun to read on Cowpuke how lucky we are or how easy our opponents are or how the next round we will get ours.

There are really only three teams this year I am a little nervous about and only one is in the West. I fear St. Louis and in the East NYR and the Pens. Other than that I feel good about our chances no matter who we play.
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Veteran

Post by mathonwy »

They put on a valiant effort today against Dallas but just couldn't recover from two shitty goals by Kipper in the first.

5 straight losses (3 OTL).

The team is done.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

And we clinch! Now really all we are playing for is seeding.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

This is a post for those Calgary Pukesters who check here to see what's being said from fans of the team CalPuke obsesses to hate: Thank your Calgary Flames for doing their part today in helping the Canucks win for the fourth year in a row and for the sixth time in the last eight seasons the Northwest Division title. I post it here because I know the cowards who moderate your board would ban me from attempting to join your little circle jerk. CalgaryPuke.com is a joke not just here but on other boards I belong to who have all NHL fans posting on their favorite teams. If you want to have a secret, Culture Club where you want to post your ideas no matter how simple, then it would be easy to not have any of us view publicly your board without joining up first. But you want a board where you have a pulpit to spew your smears and stupidity without being challenged. That makes you cowards and exhibitionists. If you don't like what I have to say, well I have family in southern Alberta and do visit occasionally. I'm not hard to miss, I'm 6'2" and 230 lb with short brown hair and a moustache and I wear my Canucks shirts almost always while I'm in country. Search some of the other hockey sites and modern Defendo sites, there are picture of me on the net. Also, I'll let you know the dates I'll be in Alabamberta.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

LOL

They are relatively contrite over there today. Although some still feel they have a better team than anyone above them just bad breaks. For the most part they are now finally calling for a re-build and trading of their stars. They re also almost unanimous in calling for the final Sutter to be canned.

A little pissed that they didn't throw int he towel on deadline day and makes some moves for the future. And of course miffed at the schedule.

For my part, I'm just glad this one is done. If we catch St. Louis fine, if not I am fine with that too. Winning the President's trophy is an honour and a hard won achievement that should be congratulated. We saw this last year how inspiring it was for the fans. So if St. Louis hangs on and clinches congrats to them, they deserve it. Any team that takes top spot deserves it. It is a long gruelling 82 game schedule.
Zamboni Driver
CC Rookie

Post by Zamboni Driver »

What's with all the hate for Calgary?
And what's wrong with their board, is it heavily moderated or something?

Havn't bothered to look, just curious
Blaster86
AHL Prospect

Post by Blaster86 »

Zamboni Driver wrote:What's with all the hate for Calgary?
And what's wrong with their board, is it heavily moderated or something?
If you cheer for the Canucks or don't like the Flames, yep. If you are supporting the Flames or hating the Canucks, you can essentially do/say what you want and get away with it. It's pretty sexy.

As for how I deal with that board: Stay away from the FOI forum. Most of the posters on there are fine on the outside forums, and who people side with in arguments totally changes (Diane is loved in the Other Sports Forum cause they all cheer for Liverpool, or something). Even intelligent people like Flameswin become retards if you find the right topic in FOI. It's incredibly depressing.