From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
okcanuck wrote:Apology accepted Farhan

I really think this message board is by far the best one in hockey and our standards have to be kept up.

I'm a relative newbie here and I really enjoy reading these threads. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy humor as much as the next guy and I wouldn't want to read anything sanitized to the point of being boring,but racism is another kettle of fish.
Why do you offend fish?
Bucket of ooligans...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Good thing this team is not as good as most people think what with the group of whiner, divers and just all around lousy players.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

After the game tonight Iginla was asked what his thoughts/plans for next season were. He said he has to wait to see the direction the team takes. If the team deices to do a complete or major rebuild he has to ask himself if he wants to be around for it and he then went on to say that no he didn't want to be part of a major re-build. As much as he loves Calgary if that is the direction h club goes that he doesn't see a role for himself. He did say if he moved on it would have to be to a team that had a chance to win.

That is the first time I have heard him publicly say anything along those lines. Looks like both Nash and Iginla could be available this summer. Sounds like Iginla is sending a message, trade me but I have the NTC so make it a good team. If I am Calgary I take the bait and make a deal. He is the best piece they have to get anything back especially in the summer when teams still have cap room.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL, the mongoloids are at 5 pages already in their Van- LA series thread.

But no..... they aren't obsessed with Vancouver. No not at all :roll: . I am guessing they hit 250 pages if this thing goes beyond five games.

I get that they have a large community but the inbreds really need to shut the fucking computers off once in awhile and enjoy life . People who rack up tens of thousands of posts in a couple of years are a mess.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Good thing for Iginla that ownership doesn't want to go to a full rebuild so he won't have to move. Make no mistake what Iginla says goes for a good chunk of that ownership group. If Iggy doesn't want a rebuild then they'll continue to half ass things like they've been doing the last several years.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Iginla's comments are the personification of the Flames.

"we don't know what to do but we know what we don't want to do"

Great way to manage a team.

If Feaster can get a 1st and a prospect out of one of the final three teams who don't win the cup this year he should fly Iginla out there himself. Frankly I just don't see him being worth much more because he's only playing for the post season now.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

If Iggy doesn't want a rebuild then they'll continue to half ass things like they've been doing the last several years.
Perfect :)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:lol I like how FL was trying to bring down everyone else as well.

He was fairly quick to throw me under the bus .

:mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SKYO wrote:lol I like how FL was trying to bring down everyone else as well.

He was fairly quick to throw me under the bus .

:mex:
Lol no attempt to throw under a bus on my part.

I was just trying to show/prove that I'm not the only one on here that has made those types of comments. In all of our cases, it was just an example of people "shooting the shit" with no intended harm. A lot of the old school posters have thicker skin and enjoy those types of jokes, and comments such as ours were catering to that crowd. I personally found your comment hilarious and reacted as such.

However - I have decided to not make comments like that in the future. If other posters choose to make comments like that and other posters/mods don't have a problem with it, then that's fine I guess......but it would just go to show thatba double standard exists. But again - the rules aren't up to me and I think this board is awesome either way.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Thing is Farhan, we know each other well enough from old CC to know we're not racists.

But perhaps folks here at the Corner aren't so sure.

CJ used to let us carry on in that vein because he knew where our hearts were at.

Still many would say he should've made us tone it down due to the fact PC-ness rules the net these days.

*I can remember us running at least 4 true racists right off the site over the years.*

Over the years we have come to realize that most of us are in minorities or are close to such folk IRL.

Hell I grew up in East Van, I wouldn't be alive today if I were a racist.

Hey, I used to talk exactly like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino! :thumbs:

Some of my best friends growing up were you-know-wots and you-know-wots and you-know-wots.

And a couple of my siblings have married into such.

I've got you-know-wots for nephews!

Anyway, we obviously need to avoid posting anything here that might be perceived as racist.

I don't think any of us have a problem with that.

Truth: If I had thought for one minute that you might be a racist I wouldn't have chuckled at your post.

Having said all that, only a you-know-wot would throw a good buddy under the bus like that. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rokker
AHL Prospect

Post by Rokker »

Looks like Feaster gave the annual Flames, "Stay the course with the old-timers speech" again.

What an assclown operation they have going there... 8-) 8-) 8-)
Rokker
AHL Prospect

Post by Rokker »

LOL

The top 5 active threads today (April 12) in the asylum are bashing everything and anything Vancouver. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Ditto for the radio station (960 "The fan").

Most guys in Alberta have a "Anyone but the Canucks" mentality.

Meh - whatever.

"It is what it is."

The only thing I know is that the Canucks better get their shit together. Last night's performance was unacceptable and was a direct slap in the face to both the teams and the fans that thought that we had a magical "playoff switch."

For the better part of 3 months, the Canucks have been coasting on their talent. They made the same mistake as the Detroit Redwings team did during the 2005/06 season. Hopefully, this won't come back to bite them. I still believe, but I have my concerns.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

I find the happenings around the Flames pretty funny - anyone else?

Brent Sutter is "parting ways" with the Flames - that's oh so... feminine. :)

No "firing" or "failing" to make the playoffs there...

And they kept Hartsburg! Ladies and Gemtlemen, (I'm guessing) your next coach of the Calgary Flames!!!!

Oh Flames - please continue to muddle your way to 17th place finishes for the immediate and long term future.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Southern_Canuck wrote:I find the happenings around the Flames pretty funny - anyone else?

Brent Sutter is "parting ways" with the Flames - that's oh so... feminine. :)

No "firing" or "failing" to make the playoffs there...

And they kept Hartsburg! Ladies and Gemtlemen, (I'm guessing) your next coach of the Calgary Flames!!!!

Oh Flames - please continue to muddle your way to 17th place finishes for the immediate and long term future.

S_C
And we think it's all doom and gloom after losing game 1....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)