From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:In a hearbeat I trade Schroeder, a 1st and Connauton for Iginla if he signed a three year extension for Sedin type money.

A tiny centre who may one day be 45 point centre, a late first and a sketchy prospect for a proven, consistent 35 goal scorer who plays with an edge.

I'd be more hesitant to throw in Gaunce or Jensen but if the pick became a 2nd I persuaded. This team needs an injection of skill up front and the way Gillis went after Doan I am willing to be he has called Feaster about Iginla.
So the Schroeder, Raymond, Hansen chemistry just doesn't balance with you?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Iginla has a lot left in the tank Pacific Blue. I guess 35 goal scorers grow on fucking trees in some people's minds. He is 35 and is CONSISTENTLY the most fit player on the Flames. No we won't trade a 5 ft 6 centre , a scrub prospect and a late 1st round pick for a 35 goal scorer. We should just offer Weise and Ballard instead. :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

What's the point in going after Iggy, we aren't on his apparent 4 team list.

If San Jose is in the selling mood I think we look there.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Aaronp18 wrote:What's the point in going after Iggy, we aren't on his apparent 4 team list.

If San Jose is in the selling mood I think we look there.
I think SJ was just looking at getting assets for a guy they didn't need. They've played Burns at forward, and they've got Brentwood Bay boy Matt Irwin (5 goals) making some noise on the back end and forcing himself onto the roster.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: I think SJ was just looking at getting assets for a guy they didn't need. They've played Burns at forward, and they've got Brentwood Bay boy Matt Irwin (5 goals) making some noise on the back end and forcing himself onto the roster.
So you're thinking addition by subtraction?

The Sharks are fighting to even get in the playoffs. We're worried about the Sedins aging, the Sharks core is aging faster than ours. If they don't take a run soon who knows when they'll get back to the success they had.

Mind you they are a playoff disaster.

That's why I'm thinking they need bigger change than just a pending UFA.
Last edited by Aaronp18 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: I think SJ was just looking at getting assets for a guy they didn't need. They've played Burns at forward, and they've got Brentwood Bay boy Matt Irwin (5 goals) making some noise on the back end and forcing himself onto the roster.
So you're thinking addition by subtraction?

The Sharks are fighting to even get in the playoffs. We're worried about the Sedins aging, the Sharks core is aging faster than ours. If they don't take a run soon who knows when they'll get back to the success they had.

Mind you they are a playoff disaster.

That's why I'm thinking they need ginger change than just a pending UFA.
Well I'm just speculating. Murray hasn't really done much this year for them and they've got a bit of a logjam at D.

I would love to pick their pocket for cheap (a la Ehrhoff), but they'll be in our division starting next year, so I'd be wary of giving them too much.

Dan Boyle's name keeps popping up, however. He's a RHD......
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Aaronp18 wrote:What's the point in going after Iggy, we aren't on his apparent 4 team list.

Elliotte Friedman believes different...too lazy to find/post the link.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Iggy would come to Vancouver under the right circumstances. The problem is if you give up too much and he isn't re-signed then you are hooped. I highly doubt he even thinks about an extension unless it is with Calgary. If he is traded he will wait until July 1 to get a deal.
The only HW the Canucks need
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Boy, maybe Jay Feaster grows a pair and comes to terms with being The One Who Traded Iggy, but I don't think for a minute that he'd grow a big enough pair to be The One Who Traded Iggy to Vancouver.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:Iggy would come to Vancouver under the right circumstances. The problem is if you give up too much and he isn't re-signed then you are hooped. I highly doubt he even thinks about an extension unless it is with Calgary. If he is traded he will wait until July 1 to get a deal.

Cousin Kevin says Iginla does not want to be a rental and wants to sign an extension with the team he is dealt to.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Iggy would come to Vancouver under the right circumstances. The problem is if you give up too much and he isn't re-signed then you are hooped. I highly doubt he even thinks about an extension unless it is with Calgary. If he is traded he will wait until July 1 to get a deal.

Cousin Kevin says Iginla does not want to be a rental and wants to sign an extension with the team he is dealt to.

With out checking Cap geek, I suspect signing Iginla to a deal would be cost prohibitive.

That said the Canucks were all hot and bothered for Shane Doan this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if there is huge interest in Iginla

I'm sure we would have to trade Luongo, clear Booth + Ballard, and let raymond + higgens walk next year.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Elliotte Friedman believes different...too lazy to find/post the link.
Q: Is he available?
A: Depends on who you are. Right now, he will only consider an elite group of teams with high Stanley Cup aspirations. The Flames would like him to expand that list because it increases their chances of a better return. Would St. Louis, for example, want in on this possibility? But Iginla's no-move protection allows him control of this process, so that is totally up to him.

Q: OK, what are the teams?
A: There are multiple reports of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Chicago Blackhawks, Boston Bruins and Los Angeles Kings. I was nervous Saturday about specific teams because there was conflicting information. Initially, the four mentioned to me were Pittsburgh, Boston, Los Angeles and Anaheim Ducks. I don't like to guess and wasn't certain.

Here's the kicker, though. There are some excellent sources who say Iginla would go to the Vancouver Canucks.

Q: What?
A: For all the drama around the Lions Gate Bridge this season, the Canucks are third in the Western Conference and tied for the sixth in the NHL. That said, Vancouver is probably Calgary's 28th choice as a trade partner (guess who's last) and it fits with what Kevin Weekes said on Hotstove Tonight this past weekend.

Weekes said Iginla is not interested in being a rental. If that is correct, it opens the possibility he would like a contract extension as part of the process. It's an interesting wrinkle. Iginla's summer home is in Kelowna, B.C., and that would be easy on his family. But I can't see it happening with the Canucks as they have enough contract concerns heading into 2013-14.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion ... mours.html
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I did not listen but over on HFBoards they're saying Pierre Lebrun was on the TEAM 1040 with Farhan Lalji yesterday and he (Lebrun) speculated that Iginla wants to finish up in Vancouver.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

dbr wrote:I did not listen but over on HFBoards they're saying Pierre Lebrun was on the TEAM 1040 with Farhan Lalji yesterday and he (Lebrun) speculated that Iginla wants to finish up in Vancouver.
Giving up Gaunce or Jensen would be a mistake. How about a first rounder this year and a lower level prospect like KC in Chicago? Iggy is 35 and has played hard all his years. He will help us now but not so much in the future.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

dbr wrote:I did not listen but over on HFBoards they're saying Pierre Lebrun was on the TEAM 1040 with Farhan Lalji yesterday and he (Lebrun) speculated that Iginla wants to finish up in Vancouver.
If this is true then I think you try and make it happen now. As long as the Flames don`t want the farm.

He would look fantastic beside the Sedins, not to mention our PP.

Nothing would please me more than winning a Cup with Jerome `Fucking` Iginla in our lineup!

I`m investing in arsenic suppliers in Calgary when it happens. :mrgreen: