From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:
rats19 wrote:Is it tsn just making shit up as a possibility?
I suspect so.

The other night, they were throwing out possibilities left right and centre.
They would not even put down a name, just TSN.CA STAFF... :lol:
TSN.CA STAFF

Mighty Jarome

Will Flames captain Jarome Iginla be on the move prior to the Apr. 3 trade deadline? It remains possible, but as TSN Insider Bob McKenzie reported on Tuesday's edition of Insider Trading, the 35-year-old will certainly be in control of his own destiny.

Pittsburgh, Boston and Vancouver remain the most speculated upon amongst possible destinations for the veteran sniper, but teams like Detroit and Los Angeles may also be in the mix.

While McKenzie could not confirm whether Iginla has made a formal list of destinations he did state that the wheels are in motion to begin the process of dealing the long-time Flame.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

herb wrote:
I suspect so.

The other night, they were throwing out possibilities left right and centre.
Thnx herb, maybe the gloids will choke on it.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Isn't that what T.S.N. stands for Talk Shit Neverendingly
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I pretty much quit posting, including here and on Calpuck, but, for this one, I will add a comment. I don't think that Calgary and Vancouver are good trading partners (not just because of a trade within thier division). I just think that a better package will come from the Pens or Bruins. Also, isn't a 3rd line C for the Canucks more of a priority?

I'm not sure what to expect, but it's definitely time to move Iggy (hell, it's a few years overdue). Anyway, I'm just glad to see that the Flames management is finally starting to look at a re-build (at least I hope they are).
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

BCExpat wrote:I pretty much quit posting, including here and on Calpuck, but, for this one, I will add a comment. I don't think that Calgary and Vancouver are good trading partners (not just because of a trade within thier division). I just think that a better package will come from the Pens or Bruins. Also, isn't a 3rd line C for the Canucks more of a priority?

I'm not sure what to expect, but it's definitely time to move Iggy (hell, it's a few years overdue). Anyway, I'm just glad to see that the Flames management is finally starting to look at a re-build (at least I hope they are).
There's a danger in thinking the flames will get back too much for a 35 year old...

And you should post more often, the more he merrier...
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

ukcanuck wrote: There's a danger in thinking the flames will get back too much for a 35 year old...

And you should post more often, the more he merrier...
A 35-year old in the final year of his contract who will most likely head back to the Flames to finish his career of with that organization.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

David Booth for Iginla straight up. Flames get a player under contract for 4 more years and the canucks get rid of Booth who they don't have to then buy out. They get Iginla for the rest of the year and playoffs. I would love Iginla on this team but not at the price of giving up prospects and picks.

If Iginla is really done then they don't make a push to re-sign him. If he has a good finish to the season and playoffs then re-sing him to Booth type of money. JI may look good as a triplet.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I can't see Iggy coming here, mainly cuz of his age and I wouldn't give up some of our top prospects to get him. If he can be had for david booth and some of our middle range prospects like Schroeder/Connaughton then maybe. I am not moving Gaunce, Jensen, Lack or 1st round picks though.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I can't see Iggy coming here, mainly cuz of his age and I wouldn't give up some of our top prospects to get him. If he can be had for david booth and some of our middle range prospects like Schroeder/Connaughton then maybe. I am not moving Gaunce, Jensen, Lack or 1st round picks though.
Why move Schroeder or connaughton just when they are actually usable?

I'd do a booth/iggy swap also...

Would be an awesome deal for Calgary, Booth would fit right in there in more ways than one too...
He would immediately be core player and an admired citizen in the off season as well :)
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Hockey Widow wrote:David Booth for Iginla straight up. Flames get a player under contract for 4 more years and the canucks get rid of Booth who they don't have to then buy out. They get Iginla for the rest of the year and playoffs. I would love Iginla on this team but not at the price of giving up prospects and picks.

If Iginla is really done then they don't make a push to re-sign him. If he has a good finish to the season and playoffs then re-sing him to Booth type of money. JI may look good as a triplet.
This is why I don't think Vancouver is a good fit. The Flames want prospects and/or picks (at least I hope that is what they are looking for - you never know with Feaster).
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ukcanuck wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I can't see Iggy coming here, mainly cuz of his age and I wouldn't give up some of our top prospects to get him. If he can be had for david booth and some of our middle range prospects like Schroeder/Connaughton then maybe. I am not moving Gaunce, Jensen, Lack or 1st round picks though.
Why move Schroeder or connaughton just when they are actually usable?

I'd do a booth/iggy swap also...

Would be an awesome deal for Calgary, Booth would fit right in there in more ways than one too...
He would immediately be core player and an admired citizen in the off season as well :)

Both teams would keep their Christian quota as well!

I'm not suggesting Calgary would do that deal, they shouldn't do that deal unless they like Booth and get no other offers. I'm just saying thats what I'd do. I don't want to give up any prospects or picks for JI. Not worth it to us. I'd be surprised if Detroit did a deal. Maybe Boston or Pittsburg who feel they just need one piece to get to the finals. But a team like us or Detroit need more than that.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hockey Central @ noon is speculating that Kipper will be moved to Toronto for Scrivens/Reimer + 1st, and will sign a 2 year extension with the leaves ($5 million range). This is the rumour circulating now.

That would be a good return for Calgary.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:Hockey Central @ noon is speculating that Kipper will be moved to Toronto for Scrivens/Reimer + 1st, and will sign a 2 year extension with the leaves ($5 million range). This is the rumour circulating now.

It would certainly impact Luongo's trade value, one way or the other. :|
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Hockey Central @ noon is speculating that Kipper will be moved to Toronto for Scrivens/Reimer + 1st, and will sign a 2 year extension with the leaves ($5 million range). This is the rumour circulating now.

An awful deal for TO, for that reason, I love it.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Jovocop wrote:

It would certainly impact Luongo's trade value, one way or the other. :|
At least it would set a benchmark one way or another, depending on how Gillis sells it. A top-10 pick in this year's draft, a young-ish goalie prospect to back up Schneids, and perhaps another B-grade prospect may not be so bad. The problem right now is everybody is waiting for everybody else to blink. If this trade happens, I would say the gates will open and I don't think it will hurt Luongo's value much, if it doesn't make it better.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.