From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by rats19 »

Rumsfeld wrote:You'd think most Flames fans would admit they've been outplayed in 3 of 5 games so far. Nope, not in Bountiful!
I don't think Backlund is out of line whatsoever. Calgary has flat out dominated this series and have punished Vancouver physically almost as much as Boston did in that cup final.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe they rot in hell.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

rats19 wrote:Maybe they rot in hell.....
They're in Alberta, rats.

Hell is an upgrade.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

They are blaming the ice in Vancouver to explain why they played so badly last night. Funny considering Vancouver is voted tops in ice in the NHL.

But the theory goes when you have as much skill as they have you need good ice otherwise your passes are off and the lesser skilled team has the advantage. Well to be fair, it's just one person who us trying to sell this theory but it is funny to read. I know, I've had my share of complaints when we play on bad ice!

I have no problem with Backlund's comments. If you watch the whole interview and not the cropped version he was more referring to the crowd giving them a lift and how they can't lose with the crowd behind them. And there is a ton of truth to that. Be honest, who wishes the next two gamers were in Vancouver?

Most seem to be conceding that if we take it to 7 we have the advantage and that scares them. But we have to win 6 first. Not gonna be easy in their barn.
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

So are the horse molesters freaking out?

Haven't been over there since we lost. :drink:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Rumsfeld wrote:So are the horse molesters freaking out?

Haven't been over there since we lost. :drink:

I popped in a bit last night. They were down on their team big time. Wanted suspensions for every hit flicker. Reffing sucked. Down on Hartley, down on the goalies, upset with the effort. Still think they are an evenly matched team that got some unlucky bounces. 4000 pages of same old, same old.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.p ... stcount=41
On another note...boo nhl, why does it seem like all these games are on school nights
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Who ever thought the sea of red would extend to Alberta politics?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:Who ever thought the sea of red would extend to Alberta politics?
I can't remember an NDP government that was ever elected during an upswing in the economy. They always seem to get elected in times of recession and then get blamed for it in hindsight

72 and the oil crisis

90s recession in BC

And now Alberta when oil prices are in the toilet

This new government will have to keep up government service with shrinking revenues and will yet again be blamed for driving up deficits, trying to tax the rich to take up the slack and take the fall for economics beyond their control.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Good one Topper. Wonder if they will see a PST in the near future.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Now that they've seen the news and realize they will be playing in a provincial sea of orange I imagine the Ducks will feel right at home for game 4.....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: This new government will have to keep up government service with shrinking revenues and will yet again be blamed for driving up deficits, trying to tax the rich to take up the slack and take the fall for economics beyond their control.

Also, too bad the game wasn't decided on the close-but-no-cigar "goal".

Would have loved to see the resulting sea of tears.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
I can't remember an NDP government that was ever elected during an upswing in the economy. They always seem to get elected in times of recession and then get blamed for it in hindsight

72 and the oil crisis

90s recession in BC

And now Alberta when oil prices are in the toilet

This new government will have to keep up government service with shrinking revenues and will yet again be blamed for driving up deficits, trying to tax the rich to take up the slack and take the fall for economics beyond their control.
Well there's that. But while economics are beyond their control, some of their problem is being unable to function within the current system.....not that they control that system at all.

And I hate this argument because Alberta had plenty of debt under the Tories, and they managed to eliminate it while Ralph was in power. Yes, some of that was due to the pendulum swing of economics, but it was also accomplished with some fiscally responsible spending and cuts.

After Ralph resigned the Conservatives were guided by some real morons, and they abandoned the things that had made them successful and kept Alberta prosperous. Debt came crashing back through the door.

The NDP can be seen as a success if all they do is maintain the status quo during this economic down turn, and let spending and policy implementation ride economy's wave back up. Most of us expect them to increase the spending, up taxes, decrease industry related jobs, and drive corporate money out of the province by trying to dig to deeply into private pockets. Maybe BC will get lucky if they do this and some of that corporate cash will come west into the industry loving arms of Cristy and her Liberal friends.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

I'm just glad Calgary won in the end.

It would have been 2004 SCF Game 6 all over again, which as much as it pains me to say it, Calgary was robbed back then.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

vic wrote:I'm just glad Calgary won in the end.

It would have been 2004 SCF Game 6 all over again, which as much as it pains me to say it, Calgary was robbed back then.
I dunno Vic, I used to think the same, but when you take camera angles into consideration, there was no top-down view that showed red-white-black. As in this case the angle was similarly skewed.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Mëds wrote:
vic wrote:I'm just glad Calgary won in the end.

I dunno Vic, I used to think the same, but when you take camera angles into consideration, there was no top-down view that showed red-white-black. As in this case the angle was similarly skewed.
crazy shit...

wanted to put an image in here, but it was too big - here's a link
http://i.imgur.com/fdKz8oA.png