From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by BladesofSteel »

Or better yet. Let it freeze in the winter and then Calgary can be the first team in the NHL to experiment with a larger ice surface.

I've been pining for allowing teams to dictate their own ice size for years (within an NHL sanctioned min/max limit of course)

This would be a perfect opportunity. :D
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Topper wrote:Lets put the first ten rows of seating below ground level and just for fun, lets build the stadium on a river bank.
The same thing can be said about many areas in Calgary, including much of the downtown core with their 5 levels of underground parking. What a shit show.

Anyway, none of my downtown clients are back to work yet, so it's almost like a holiday for me. Unfortunately, it's going to be super busy once they are all back to work.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Wow, Van peeps really hate Calgary eh? Ummmm as if Calgary is the only city that could suffer a natural diasester. Of course it's because they're stupid.

*Google's Pacific Ring of Fire and wonders why people would build a city on top of it*

:look:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ODB wrote:Wow, Van peeps really hate Calgary eh? Ummmm as if Calgary is the only city that could suffer a natural diasester. Of course it's because they're stupid.

]'s Pacific Ring of Fire and wonders why people would build a city on top of it*[/b]

:look:
I wouldn't live in Richmond (Google liquifaction), but I'll take my chances in a solid wood frame house built on terra firma with proper construction techniques.

Same with my cabin in a hurricane zone. Built it properly.

I have as much disdain for trailer park dwellers in tornado zones and waterheads on hockey boards.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

The Paddledome??

:lol:

A friend of mine owns a staffing company (temps and the like)... he says they are throwing army upon army of people at the Stampede Grounds clean up effort.

Everything will go on as planned.

This might also be just the kick in the pants needed for Calgary to get a new rink as well. After being to a few games here over the winter... safe to say the water in the rink is fitting. The place is a toilet. I'd take Pacific Coloseum over it any day of the week.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

There is a sense of humour over there as one poster noted that as the Saddledome is flooded, the Flames trade for Davey Jones.

---------------------------------------------------

Here's hoping it's not a dead monkey.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:There is a sense of humour over there as one poster noted that as the Saddledome is flooded, the Flames trade for Davey Jones.
YARRRRR rename them the Calgary (Poo) Pirates.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Iginla has had a fine career but instrumental in the gold medal win? He was about as instrumental in that tournament as most of the hacks that are lucky enough to play next to Sidney Crosby.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Iggy's time has passed. No way he should be considered for the Olympic team.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

In a world where Ryan Smyth was invited to the camp in 2009, a guy like Iggy should have merited an invitation. Nobody says you have to add him to the roster but leaving him off the summer camp lost is weak.

I would bet Yzerman even gave him the choice for optics sake.

"Look Jarome, I could invite you for old times sake, but you're not going to pl...."

" Click..."

Also Jarome hates Calgary, why would he want to come back?...

If I was Jarome I'd just show up get dressed and go on the ice. Make someone have to be that dick who says "You weren't invited, Jarome" at which point I'd calmly hand over the scoresheets from the 2002 and 2010 gold medal games and say "Here's my invitation, bitch."

I'm disappointed he didn't even get an invite. He is one of the few guys that I think should get a look based on his legacy alone, especially considering his past performances for Canada. I didn't expect him to make the team for sure and we all know how emphasizing tenure over skill worked out for us in 2006, but to not be invited at all is a bit of a slap in the face as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe the idea behind leaving Iggy and Marty off the list was motivation. They were both going to be players who had legitimate chances of going to camp and not playing their way onto the team. Perhaps this way Yzerman and staff feel the can send a strong message: "show us you deserve to be on the roster during the first half of the season, cause right now we have our doubts". Could be they're wanted there, but the team wanted to make sure the didn't gain any sense of entitlement or become complacent. Iggy needs to prove himself a goal scorer again (and possibly someone who forechecks with the body as he used to, because, although its Russia and big ice, some physical intimidation would be nice) and Marty has to prove he can start on his team over a possible team USA member...that rant over, I feel Marty could play his way on, don't see Iggy doing it.

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

I haven't seen so much grasping at straws since Rumsfeld started projecting Hodgson's career.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

BurningBeard wrote:I haven't seen so much grasping at straws since Rumsfeld started projecting Hodgson's career.
Aw, is Burningturd trying to get invited into the get-along gang's homer treehouse? That's cute.

Yuk it up while you can because if you think 60 points this year and 70 the next for Hodgson is "grasping at straws" maybe Bountiful really is the site for you. Ask Blaster86 if you can be his imbecile wingman. :lol:

See it's easy to keep preaching positivity to Canucks fans on a Canucks website... it's what the yokels want to hear and
if you're wrong nobody will call you on it. Strangelove has been predicting a Canucks Stanley Cup every year since '07!

But unlike most of you gutless fucks I'm willing to go out on a limb once in a while and actually MAKE some predictions instead of wallowing in the safe little shallow end with the rest of the toddlers. I was Captain Optimist until the '12 playoffs, when I realized this team was not built for playoff hockey and our core was mentally weak. If more of you guys had a set of dropped balls there might actually be some decent debate on this site right now... but people are too scared of being cast out of the pink treehouse where the get-along gang resides.

Sorry that I'm not thrilled about trading away two excellent young players for a shitty return... at a time when we could deperately use them. :roll:

I'm keeping track of all the shots thrown my way and mark my words, I'll be rubbing each and every one of your noses in the shit that's spewing out of your mouths. :sly:

Oh and Burningturd, better get home in time for cucumber sandwhiches. Mëds is coming over for a playdate.

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: See it's easy to keep preaching positivity to Canucks fans on a Canucks website... it's what the yokels want to hear and
if you're wrong nobody will call you on it. Strangelove has been predicting a Canucks Stanley Cup every year since '07!
"Ya gotta believe!"

- Tug McGraw

Hmmm.... wonder why they call him "Tug".... :eh:

Anyhoo, positivity is a positive thing Rummy!

Positivity is part of the reason the Great Strangelove is known as the Peoples Poster. :thumbs:

*serves cucumber sandwiches and koolaid to the CC faithful *
____
Try to focus on someday.