From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/thing ... story.html

Frank Corrado doesn’t take kindly to the other team taking liberties with his teammates. He put a thunderous hit on Calgary’s rookie Johnny Gaudreau late in the game and was given a major and game misconduct on the play.

“The shift before they went after Hunter Shinkaruk and I saw an opportunity to make a hit on one of their skill players,” said Corrado. “I never intended for it to be a dirty hit, unfortunately it was a little late and a little high."
Not bad, but I would have preferred he said "Fuck Gaudreau and the cow he rode in on!" :drink:
To line up with: NEED MORE ASSHOLES! ? :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I didn't think it warranted 5 and a game TBH. Looked like a little dive. Same fans who thought Alberts took a dive. What can you say.

Any suspension Corrado may get won't hurt us so meh...

That's just it HW. The board is a joke among forums all over the net and they proved it in spades after Mcgrattan took Alberts' head off with that cheap shot. There are fans in that thread calling for Corrado to be crosschecked in the face as a retaliation. They take a pro sports game way too seriously .

I guess when all you have is a shitty pro hockey team that has made the playoffs 5 times in 16 seasons you turn bitter. If you live in a hideous province where it snows ten months a year with nothing to do ,it can turn a person bitter and maybe we should be more understanding. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did 3.5 years of penance in Calgary, a company transfer. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. Hated the City and found it very unwelcoming to new comers. Simple people who thought they lived in a sophisticated city. A complex because Edmonton is the capital! I used to love going to hockey games, as a guest of corporate clients, and getting a "go leaves go" chant going. Back in my leaf days....
The only HW the Canucks need
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I didn't think it warranted 5 and a game TBH. Looked like a little dive. Same fans who thought Alberts took a dive. What can you say.

Any suspension Corrado may get won't hurt us so meh...

That's just it HW. The board is a joke among forums all over the net and they proved it in spades after Mcgrattan took Alberts' head off with that cheap shot. There are fans in that thread calling for Corrado to be crosschecked in the face as a retaliation. They take a pro sports game way too seriously .

I guess when all you have is a shitty pro hockey team that has made the playoffs 5 times in 16 seasons you turn bitter. If you live in a hideous province where it snows ten months a year with nothing to do ,it can turn a person bitter and maybe we should be more understanding. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did 3.5 years of penance in Calgary, a company transfer. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. Hated the City and found it very unwelcoming to new comers. Simple people who thought they lived in a sophisticated city. A complex because Edmonton is the capital! I used to love going to hockey games, as a guest of corporate clients, and getting a "go leaves go" chant going. Back in my leaf days....
I've never found Calgary like that at all. It's a different vibe from Edmonton or Vancouver for sure. I've always found Albertans to be friendly and welcoming, there's all types. Having spent most of my life in Vancouver, there's no shortage of people there who fit your description above.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

ClamRussel wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: I did 3.5 years of penance in Calgary, a company transfer. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. Hated the City and found it very unwelcoming to new comers. Simple people who thought they lived in a sophisticated city. A complex because Edmonton is the capital! I used to love going to hockey games, as a guest of corporate clients, and getting a "go leaves go" chant going. Back in my leaf days....
I've never found Calgary like that at all. It's a different vibe from Edmonton or Vancouver for sure. I've always found Albertans to be friendly and welcoming, there's all types. Having spent most of my life in Vancouver, there's no shortage of people there who fit your description above.
Am I the only one who assumes HW might have been wearing a shirt with "Flames Suck" more often than not?
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

ClamRussel wrote: I've never found Calgary like that at all. It's a different vibe from Edmonton or Vancouver for sure. I've always found Albertans to be friendly and welcoming, there's all types. Having spent most of my life in Vancouver, there's no shortage of people there who fit your description above.
Concur with this. I did 8 months in Calgary and I found Calgarians pretty cool overall.

There's always those idiots that take themselves too seriously but I liked the vibe and I liked the liberalness. Calgary's probably the most liberal city in all of Alberta.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Depends when you were there.

First time in Calgary was back in 94.....then went back every year until 99 and it was kinda meh. Never really felt like it was an overly welcoming place.

Moved up there looking for work in 2001, was in and out off and on until 2008.....at that point it was a younger city, a lot of fun, and definitely not just a bunch of assholes everywhere.

I think it's a case of how old you are when you're there.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Mëds wrote:I think it's a case of how old you are when you're there.
And most important a case of your own mind.
As a tourist i was in Calgary during the 2000 Stampede....legendary days i'll always remember...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Can't stand the place or the people.

Vancouver - great place infested with vegan bananas
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

mathonwy wrote:
ClamRussel wrote: I've never found Calgary like that at all. It's a different vibe from Edmonton or Vancouver for sure. I've always found Albertans to be friendly and welcoming, there's all types. Having spent most of my life in Vancouver, there's no shortage of people there who fit your description above.
Concur with this. I did 8 months in Calgary and I found Calgarians pretty cool overall.

There's always those idiots that take themselves too seriously but I liked the vibe and I liked the liberalness. Calgary's probably the most liberal city in all of Alberta.
No wonder topper hates the place

I do too but just like all of Alberta to many neo cons
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

ukcanuck wrote:
mathonwy wrote:

No wonder topper hates the place

I do too but just like all of Alberta to many neo cons
Sorry.. what?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote: Calgary's probably the most liberal city in all of Alberta.
One more reason to hate Calgary.

All I know is that Flame fans collectively come across as ignorami online.

(and that is what this thread is all about amirite?)

Oiler fans, on the other hand, for example, are collectively okay.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

CP is not an indicator of all Flamer Fans so I don't assume that but man CP must be the #1 place for all the Flamer Fan rejects to go. I know some from that site and they are pretty good, too bad they are out numbered 1,000 - 1 for all the rejects.

I will also say that wow, after what I read about Corrado's hit I was assuming the worse, once I saw it, I was like holy crap that is not even worth a suspension.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I dunno Reef, generally Flame fans at HF also come across as ignorami. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
As a tourist i was in Calgary during the 2000 Stampede....legendary days i'll always remember...
I was at Stampede around 2005, absolutely a great time! Nothing but friendly people having a good time. Sort of reminded me of Peach-Fest back in the glory days.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ClamRussel wrote:
Cookie La Rue wrote:
I was at Stampede around 2005, absolutely a great time! Nothing but friendly people having a good time. Sort of reminded me of Peach-Fest back in the glory days.

Peachfest was incredible back in the late 80's...early 90's. Lots of stories from those days. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”