From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Madcombinepilot »

micky107 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:20 am An actual piece of hockey news.
https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-trade- ... 018/08/20/
Shinkaruk for Rychel.
That article says we traded Shinkaruk for Granlund.. I thought we traded him for Baertschi?

I cant remember off the top of my head, and don't have time to check.....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

thanks
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Kind of one more fresh start for both of them.
Fat Lady hasn't sung yet but she's on alert.
"evolution"
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Sinkaruk wasn't going to make the Flames anyway. I don't know about Rychel, but I'm not expecting him to make the Flames. Anyway, looks like Granlund was a good pickup for the Canucks. Hunter is on his last chance to make the NHL - I think he's done.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:54 pm Sinkaruk wasn't going to make the Flames anyway. I don't know about Rychel, but I'm not expecting him to make the Flames. Anyway, looks like Granlund was a good pickup for the Canucks. Hunter is on his last chance to make the NHL - I think he's done.
Granlund is a bit better than Shinkaruk and Rychel. All these guys are fringe NHL/AHL tweeners. So I guess the trade is a win for Vancouver. Granlund wouldn’t crack most playoff teams rosters.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:01 pm Granlund wouldn’t crack most playoff teams rosters.
The 2016-17 version would have.

The 2017-18 version not so much.

(although the "swiss army knife" would have been an okay fill-in-at-any-position-13th-forward on some teams)

The 2018-19 version?

Who knows, he's up-and-down like yo mama...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Granlund > Gagner, Goldobin, Leipsic and Gaunce. Not that impressive, but still, Benning’s Shinkaruk trade was a clear win.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:12 am Granlund > Gagner, Goldobin, Leipsic and Gaunce. Not that impressive, but still, Benning’s Shinkaruk trade was a clear win.

Gotta say that weighing trades then Leipsic and Goldobin were wins too. Unfortunately none of Granlund, Leipsic or Goldobin are core pieces. Granlund has potential to be a good third liner if he ever gets on Green’s good side. Goldobin has sniper written all over him if he can learn to be less Raymond like. Leipsic is a bottom six if he can.......

Gotta think all three are on borrowed time depending upon how some of the kids do. Hope they all have career years, whatever that looks like for each of them. It would be great if Goldobin became that gunner on LW.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s all fluff for lint HW. Hopefully one of these guys hits and turns into a useful player. I don’t mind trading failed prospects for failed prospects. It’s the hemorrhaging of picks I can’t stand. All of those trades you mentioned are minor wins. Maybe one turns out to be a steal
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:14 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:12 am Granlund > Gagner, Goldobin, Leipsic and Gaunce. Not that impressive, but still, Benning’s Shinkaruk trade was a clear win.

Gotta say that weighing trades then Leipsic and Goldobin were wins too. Unfortunately none of Granlund, Leipsic or Goldobin are core pieces. Granlund has potential to be a good third liner if he ever gets on Green’s good side. Goldobin has sniper written all over him if he can learn to be less Raymond like. Leipsic is a bottom six if he can.......

Gotta think all three are on borrowed time depending upon how some of the kids do. Hope they all have career years, whatever that looks like for each of them. It would be great if Goldobin became that gunner on LW.
I don’t hold out much hope at all Goldobin will be a top six LWer. I’d be happy to see him traded for a pick before he moves to the KHL. Dahlen and Gadjovich are the Canucks best hopes for top six LW, but both have to earn it, and Utica is a great place for them to start this season. If Gadjovich’s skating has improved enough, that would be great for the team. Benning said it improved, but we have to see if it’s enough. He has great hands and net front presence. Can he get there in time to be effective, forecheck and also get back to defend??? I think Dahlen will make it sooner rather than later. He was very impressive last year.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Goldobin has shown significant improvement in each of his pro years. He's in the final year of his ELC, and has shown what you want to see from a good offensive prospect.

I'm not saying he's going to be a star, but it's a little early to write him off.

Being a Mason Raymond is actually a pretty good outcome - a cheap, 50-point 2nd line winger is a complementary piece that has a place on almost any team.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

AV said Raymond was his most coachable player. (not actually a word, but)
He didn't get much love here but his versatility was vital in 10/11.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

You missed a key difference. Raymond was not a huge liability defensively.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:18 am It’s all fluff for lint HW. Hopefully one of these guys hits and turns into a useful player. I don’t mind trading failed prospects for failed prospects. It’s the hemorrhaging of picks I can’t stand. All of those trades you mentioned are minor wins. Maybe one turns out to be a steal
JB seems to have stopped that years ago..