From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 am
Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:19 am Gaudreau leaves the game vs Boston (concussion-spotter) after being drilled by McAvoy behind the net.

Sportsnet’s Eric “Name that finishing move” Francis immidiately draws comparisons to Petterssen/Mathesson.

The Ironing is Delicious.
Elliott’s Friedman - 31 Thoughts. See his comments regarding Pettersson hit.

Blame the light/small bodies of Gaudreau and Pettersson.
And I'm still mad. It's the job of the coach to know what happened.
I'm not buyin no seein. :evil:
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

lol - seriously some people on that site should be embarrassed with comments like "pray for Johnny".

Interesting they were just yakking a few days ago that Johnny never gets hit because he is so crafty. EP take down was worse the baby Johnny getting hit but not to that group.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:19 am Gaudreau leaves the game vs Boston (concussion-spotter) after being drilled by McAvoy behind the net.

Sportsnet’s Eric “Name that finishing move” Francis immidiately draws comparisons to Petterssen/Mathesson.

Yup. I and many others, immediately tweeted @EricFrancis to run a similar contest for JohnnyHokey. My entry for finishing move was "The People's Elbow".

This tool got reprimanded by his superiors over the tweet, had to delete it and has been back-pedalling for days. Now he's comparing this to the Pettersson slam. Love the epic Karma.

Can't wait to hear Shannon explain if this is more because Goo-dro is actually 5'5" and weighs even less than Elias.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:21 am

Yup. I and many others, immediately tweeted @EricFrancis to run a similar contest for JohnnyHokey. My entry for finishing move was "The People's Elbow".

This tool got reprimanded by his superiors over the tweet, had to delete it and has been back-pedalling for days. Now he's comparing this to the Pettersson slam. Love the epic Karma.

Can't wait to hear Shannon explain if this is more because Goo-dro is actually 5'5" and weighs even less than Elias.
GOLD

Next up, for Fried Man, a concussion for one of the Leaves' smurfs please.

I was wondering if anyone else caught that clip with Shannon...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

The hit was just a bit late, but I have no problem with it. Looks like JG is good to go against Nashville tonight.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Matt Tkachuk is in the top 15 in NHL scoring

On pace for about 100 points. Fuck that one stings. He would have been the perfect linemate for Eli
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:12 am Matt Tkachuk is in the top 15 in NHL scoring

On pace for about 100 points. Fuck that one stings. He would have been the perfect linemate for Eli
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2016e.html

But Blob, they were team mates. Guess a reunification is out of the question eh?
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:12 am Matt Tkachuk is in the top 15 in NHL scoring

Thats an epic nut kick

On par with Nedved not Jagr
If you need air...call it in
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Would he have helped the Canucks finish better that year? They probably don't have EP if they drafted Tkachuk.

If EP and BB are 2/3 of the top line, time to get someone in FA or Trade to play with them.

Panarin
Stone
Nylander

Three that come to mind - probably don't have the assets to land Nylander, but if Panarin or Stone make it to free agency, worth kicking the tires.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don’t think an 18 year old rookie was going to propel the Xanucks up the standings in 2016/17.

He woul have gotten Baertchis or Granlunds minutes and scored a few more points. The difference in the standings would have probably been negligible
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

vic wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:34 am

Would he have helped the Canucks finish better that year? They probably don't have EP if they drafted Tkachuk.

If EP and BB are 2/3 of the top line, time to get someone in FA or Trade to play with them.

Panarin
Stone
Nylander

Three that come to mind - probably don't have the assets to land Nylander, but if Panarin or Stone make it to free agency, worth kicking the tires.
Holy fuck you are right. :shock:

Far fuckin out man! The butterfly effect and shit.
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:32 am
vic wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:34 am

Panarin
Stone
Nylander

Holy fuck you are right. :shock:

Far fuckin out man! The butterfly effect and shit.
Nah. We’d still have EP.

Twitchy Moustache wouldn’t have let hime play, and Tkachuk woulda been sent back to junior.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

That's only because I'm cheering for him!

That's right, get huge points, get huge contract, then get huge.

(just like the old man)

One day somebuddy will make that kid pay for his cheapass bullshit...

Going to be such a mighty wallop!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:47 pm

That's only because I'm cheering for him!

That's right, get huge points, get huge contract, then get huge.

(just like the old man)

One day somebuddy will make that kid pay for his cheapass bullshit...

Going to be such a mighty wallop!
Cool story. I hope they overpay him as well. The fact that this is all you’ve got speaks volumes. Worried about overpaying a good player.

Then why have good players?

Imagine if Brock lit it up. I guess it’s a good thing he got hurt. :sly:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:31 pm Imagine if Brock lit it up. I guess it’s a good thing he got hurt. :sly:
Yep...
____
Try to focus on someday.