From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 pm
theman wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:03 pm Wasn't sure where best to post this but if anyone was wondering why we should keep Gudbranson, this pic says it all.

Why is the Flames player staring off into space? Did Guds hypnotise him with his menacing stare?
That’s quite the glare. Almost magical really. Matheson is lucky to not have experienced that last night
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobbee is a massive fan of Hamonic, regarded him as a stud when he was an Islander, calling him “tough as nails” and was all in on Calgary giving up a lottery pick (Noah Dobson) and two 2nd round picks for the services of Hamonics - 1 goal, 10 assists, minus 9 and a nasty, nasty contract only to see Gudbranson make a meal out of him in a scrap.

Attaboi Eric
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’m a massive fan.... :roll: I’d certainly take him over Gudbranson- he’s a much better hockey player. And shockingvhe makes less money than 44 :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:38 am I’m a massive fan.... :roll: I’d certainly take him over Gudbranson- he’s a much better hockey player. And shockingvhe makes less money than 44 :lol:
Lottery pick ‘Dobson’ and two 2nd round picks for Hamonic and that putrid season he had with the Flames, gets annihilated by Gudbranson in a scrap. Gudbranson for the great tweener - McCann and a 2nd.

I don’t know about you Blob but I’m taking Gudbranson for 24th overall pick bum - McCann and a 2nd over Hamonic for a lottery pick (Dobson) and two 2nds
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:53 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:38 am I’m a massive fan.... :roll: I’d certainly take him over Gudbranson- he’s a much better hockey player. And shockingvhe makes less money than 44 :lol:
Lottery pick ‘Dobson’ and two 2nd round picks for Hamonic and that putrid season he had with the Flames, gets annihilated by Gudbranson in a scrap. Gudbranson for the great tweener - McCann and a 2nd.

I don’t know about you Blob but I’m taking Gudbranson for 24th overall pick bum - McCann and a 2nd over Hamonic for a lottery pick (Dobson) and two 2nds
I didn’t mention acquisition cost. I’m talking about the players. Hamonic is a much better player
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:57 am

I didn’t mention acquisition cost. I’m talking about the players. Hamonic is a much better player
“much better”...yeah right
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:02 am

He has played much bigger minutes on better teams. He’s quite a bit better. He’s a legit top 4
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:09 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:02 am

He’s a legit top 4
Lol, stop it, man, stop it, lol
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Why has one guy been in the top 4 in d men ice time in all of his seasons in the league?

Why has the other guy been top 4 in d men ice time in 2 of 7 seasons in the league ?
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Where would Hamonic fit in if he was a Canuck? I think he would be at least in the second pairing.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:09 am Where would Hamonic fit in if he was a Canuck? I think he would be at least in the second pairing.
He would be anchoring the second pair. I’d put him as their number 3 guy. Currently Vancouver has two legit top 4 guys and a bunch of others barely good enough to be in the league on the back end.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Man I forgot the Flames paid a 1st round pick (12th overall) and two 2nd round picks for Hamonic.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:22 am Man I forgot the Flames paid a 1st round pick (12th overall) and two 2nd round picks for Hamonic.
Brutal eh SKYO. The Hamonic trade for Calgary could actually be worst than the Ballard trade for Vancouver

Mike Gillis after the Buyout Ballard trade - “we didn’t like what was left on the table (Kuznetsov, Coyle, Nelson) so we made the trade.”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Gaudreau leaves the game vs Boston (concussion-spotter) after being drilled by McAvoy behind the net.

Sportsnet’s Eric “Name that finishing move” Francis immidiately draws comparisons to Petterssen/Mathesson.

The Ironing is Delicious.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:19 am Gaudreau leaves the game vs Boston (concussion-spotter) after being drilled by McAvoy behind the net.

Sportsnet’s Eric “Name that finishing move” Francis immidiately draws comparisons to Petterssen/Mathesson.

The Ironing is Delicious.
Elliott’s Friedman - 31 Thoughts. See his comments regarding Pettersson hit.

Blame the light/small bodies of Gaudreau and Pettersson.