From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Classic Canadian hockey fans losing their minds after their team loses (or wins, Tuna) one game.
Hockey Widow wrote: They like to laugh at our (Benning's) version of a rebuild. And it is an arguable version, but what type of rebuild did they do? They drafted a few good pieces, never got goaltending, and stopped rebuilding. They like to think Treliving is a genius for signing vets because their rebuild is done and yet Benning is a Moran but hey Benning, nor the fans, think our rebuild is done.
Yeah they probably shouldn't be laughing at us, while we should realize that our "rebuild" already resembles theirs.

Reluctance to admit a rebuild was required, no franchise player drafted, reliance on veterans, overrating the prospect pool, lack of goaltending... glass houses, and all that.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Nenshi wins third term as Calgary's Mayor. Right wingnuts take to twitter to denounce the victory, led by Flames media relations guy who calls his victory worse than Trump's. Flames ownership invested a lot into trying to defeat Nenshi with the aid of Bettman.

Wonder if they will come back to the negotiating table or follow through on their relocation threat.

From the National:

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/jen-ger ... ports-team
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Poor Calgary. Smith and Lack in net. Sigh....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Loving the meltdown in calpuke. Fire Glen, fire Treliving, waive half the team. Only one draft pick in the first two rounds over the next two years. Smith is their best player. They can't fathom that we are ahead of them and are terrified that Edmonton will soon catch them.

It's like they suddenly realized they have no depth and have pissed away a ton of picks banking on the current core.

For now I will enjoy the misery for I know how swiftly fortunes can change :oops:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So Taychooook has been told he is going to have a phone call for his latest incident. His little poke of the stick while on the bench aimed at Martin. Little Keith is a repeat offender. This is his third hearing. Rumours abound that he will get at least two games for an offence that that would normally draw a fine.

But he is a repeat offender and he initiated contact while on the bench and it was a repeat of stick work, albeit minor. Some are saying these factors could land him 3-5 games. I disagree with that though. It was minor, no one was hurt and didn't result in any on ice escalation.

I wonder if it will be seen as the same as leavingbthe bench to join an altercation :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Naw, that's wishful thinking. Anyway, I predict 2 games simply because of his repeat offender status AND it was just a little bit of time ago that his last suspension happened. For his sake I hope he gets at least two. Knock this shit out of his game early.

Cowpuke sees it different

The only reason this is being reviewed is that Tkachuk is on the bench. The so called "spear" is weak and I am 100% sure that the players safety will deliberately over look Martin grabbed his stick and while his glove was pulling it Tkachuk poked him with it.
It wasn't enough force to injure the Leaf but Tkachuk will get a suspension of some sort, because this will be a reputation decision and not the act itself.
Put it this way if it was Mathews or any major league player the media would chew on it for a minute but it would not even be a phone call from the league.

Another poster said all he was doing was protecting poor little Brouwer who had been viciously hit and was on the ice.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Not to beat on a horse carcass, but it's instances like this where I'm kinda glad Benning picked Juolevi over Keith Jr. Juolevi may end up a bust, but with the already dim view that the league and it's eastern-dominated media have had of the Vancouver franchise does anybody think we need another league discipline problem-child?

Look at it this way, if Tkachuk did the same thing wearing Canuck colours would anyone doubt that he would get 5 games with the eastern media howling that it should have been 8 and he's just the latest in the line of typically infamous dirty Canucks like Cooke, Kesler and Burrows.... blah blah blah?

He's a black-hat wearing, league office shit-magnet that our club couldn't afford to have during its image rehabilitation (if that's possible) with the league. Calgary can enjoy having him in the press (and the press box) for stories like these. I'll enjoy watching them twist themselves into pretzels trying to spin his shit into something else.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

March 20, 2016, Nov 17, 2017, and now Dec 7, 2017, Walt's mongoloid grandson faces Dept of Player Safety for being DUMB.

Time for an eye and wallet opener.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

1 game for Walt's mongoloid grandson. lol
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Six years and 5.35 for Backlund. Not a bad deal, maybe a year too long but he’s a pretty good player.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 pm Six years and 5.35 for Backlund. Not a bad deal, maybe a year too long but he’s a pretty good player.
Too much for too long.

A defensive centre who sucks in the dot.

On a 14 goal pace.

He'll be 35 by the time this contract ends.

I know you love the Flames Blob, but wake up and smell the coffee!

Sutter does what he does... only better... for a million less and only til age 32. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

lol I love the Flames. Please continue to make shit up. He is on pace for 48 points and is good for 40 + a year. Sutter is a 30 point guy. Look at the stats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:45 pm I love the Flames.
Yup, I've built a very strong case about dat dere over the past year or so. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:49 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:45 pm I love the Flames.
Yup, I've built a very strong case about dat dere over the past year or so. :mex:
Not really

But 40 points a year >>> 30 points

But ..... but face offs lol
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Faceoffs are... H U G E... get off Treliving's pipe!
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

backlund gonna be 29 next month, he definitely cashed in with his last couple prime years, good thing the flamers got Ferland, Gaudreau and Monahan going to help Backlund get those points the last coupla years, otherwise he'd be averaging gagner type points of 40per.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.