From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Meds »

Bouwmeester is just not a clutch guy. He folds under pressure. I don't like the comparrison to Seabrook at all. Totally different players. Bouwmeester is an puck rushing, offense-first, defenseman who can't be counted on in his own zone or in front of his own goalie. Seabrook is a solid defenseman in his own end, big and physical, has a heavy point shot, clears the front of his own net for his goalie, a good two way skater, and the defensive presence on the blueline that Chicago counts on, Keith's defensive game often suffers a little when Seabrook is out of the lineup.
Vpete
CC Veteran

Post by Vpete »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Fred wrote:

Calgary out bid Vcr for Bouwmeester so lets keep mum about that :oops:

Well, actually no Fred. Calgary traded for his rights and offered his big contract before July 1 so we never actually had a chance to bid for him and MG was not going to trade draft picks for the rights to an UFA so we were never really in the hunt. But I get the point.
Fred, Gillis tried at the deadline to trade for him but walked away from the price laughing. Literally.

Best thing that ever happened. But other than Giordano who else do the Flames have for defense that makes top 4 on any team?

Deep their problems do run.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Fred
CC Rookie

Post by Fred »

Vpete wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Fred wrote:

Calgary out bid Vcr for Bouwmeester so lets keep mum about that :oops:

Well, actually no Fred. Calgary traded for his rights and offered his big contract before July 1 so we never actually had a chance to bid for him and MG was not going to trade draft picks for the rights to an UFA so we were never really in the hunt. But I get the point.
Fred, Gillis tried at the deadline to trade for him but walked away from the price laughing. Literally.

Best thing that ever happened. But other than Giordano who else do the Flames have for defense that makes top 4 on any team?

Deep their problems do run.
You're right there, but MG did try for Bouwmeester so it's a case there go we but for ........ I never liked the guy from his days as a junior, he was big and skated well...but that's it. Little compete level IMO. We have to be thankful Calgary were desperate
cheers
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

As JBou was due to become a free agent, there was discussion on Central with several comparisons to what KB3 had accomplished in his healthy seasons, with some people questioning why we would need JBou when we have a better guy in KB3. The fact KB3 had lost so much time due to skate lacerations hid the fact he was a comparable.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blaster86
AHL Prospect

Post by Blaster86 »

I wasn't comparing Seabrook and Keith as player types, rather the fact he's an obvious number 2 guy who would be hardpressed to be a full time #1.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:As JBou was due to become a free agent, there was discussion on Central with several comparisons to what KB3 had accomplished in his healthy seasons, with some people questioning why we would need JBou when we have a better guy in KB3. The fact KB3 had lost so much time due to skate lacerations hid the fact he was a comparable.

I was one of the ones who gave up on Bieksa, glad I'm not GM.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Come on kids.... this thread is for picking on the helmet wearing shortbus assholes to the east. Please keep on track.

Blaster,Boumeester is nothing like Seakbrooke and Mëds,Boumeester is not a puck rushing offensive d man. He is a bigger less physical Dan Hamhuis but Hammy has a bit more heart and grit.

Boumeester would be fine at 4- 4.75 million per season.

As an asside someone(me perhaps ) needs to start a thread on what elite players the cup champs have had on their rosters because poster Waffle kinda derailed an already shitty thread that GM started . It is an interesting topic and it's one I'd like to debate myself.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
okcanuck
CC Veteran

Post by okcanuck »

Shortbus assholes to the east

You break me up man
Jovocop
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Topper wrote:As JBou was due to become a free agent, there was discussion on Central with several comparisons to what KB3 had accomplished in his healthy seasons, with some people questioning why we would need JBou when we have a better guy in KB3. The fact KB3 had lost so much time due to skate lacerations hid the fact he was a comparable.

I was one of the ones who gave up on Bieksa, glad I'm not GM.
To be fair, I still don't trust Bieksa that much. Tanev, besides toughness, is as good as or even better than Bieksa playing with Hamhuis. If Bieksa can cut down his brainfarts behind his own net, he would be much better than he is...
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: because poster Waffle kinda derailed an already shitty thread that GM started . It is an interesting topic and it's one I'd like to debate myself.
Me.....start a shitty thread?!? Blasphemy!

Also - here's an interesting topic idea: If someone were to "derail" an already shitty thread, would it become a good thread by default? (double negative = positive?).
wienerdog
AHL Prospect

Post by wienerdog »

Farhan = GM from old CC? :crazy:
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

A few interesting things from Alberta:

So I was listening to Alberta's version of Team 1040 (960) the other day, and they had a sports journalist on the show that asked a simple question: Why are the Canucks hated so much in Alberta, and is it true that they are hated across North America.

The Calgary host (can't remember his name), "confirmed" that Vancouver was hated across the America's. When asked why, here were his responses:

1) The obvious stuff - Burrows hair pull, finger bite, etc.,

2) The diving, embellishment, etc.

3) excessive complaining to the refs from both management (they cited Gillis from the first round last year after game 6), and the fans. They feel that Vancouver is paranoid and that they believe that everyone out there is deliberately trying to sabotage them.

4) Kesler calling out Lou at the Olympics was a classless move and proved that Kesler wasnt really a team player and only cared about himself. Accused Kesler of being grumpy, arrogant, and having an attitude problem.

5) The way Kevin Bieksa skates: He skates in an arrogant manner and skates like he's gods gift to hockey.

6) Sedin twins: aside from the diving, they have no personality or charisma......like Sidney Crosby for instance.
Last edited by Farhan Lalji on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

So basically jealousy...cuz everything listed there is mongoloid lame.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

rats19 wrote:So basically jealousy...cuz everything listed there is mongoloid lame.
aren't you going to the game??????? 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

rats19 wrote:So basically jealousy...cuz everything listed there is mongoloid lame.
Pretty much.

I mean - I can kind of "see" points 1,2, and 3, but 4,5, and 6 is absolutely ridiculous.

It's just too bad that Calgary's two best players in franchise history is...

Mod edit