Hansen goes to Arbitration

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Post Reply
User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Tciso »

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371039

I hope we settle this before the arbitrator does. I'd love to see him locked up for 4 or 5 years at about $1.2 to$1.5/year. Maybe I am an optimist, but I see Hansen as a cornerstone of our 3rd line for a long time to come. Btw, if you are Hansen's agent, ignore this message. He's a bum who only deserves league minimum.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Tiger »

Tciso wrote:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371039

I hope we settle this before the arbitrator does. I'd love to see him locked up for 4 or 5 years at about $1.2 to$1.5/year. Maybe I am an optimist, but I see Hansen as a cornerstone of our 3rd line for a long time to come. Btw, if you are Hansen's agent, ignore this message. He's a bum who only deserves league minimum.
and if your MG.. look at Hansens playoff stats .. best +/- forward on the team.. game winning goals. Solid physical play . compare to Raymond and pay 1.7 mill :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:13 am
Location: Vancouver

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by dr.dork »

Tiger wrote: and if your MG.. look at Hansens playoff stats .. best +/- forward on the team.. game winning goals. Solid physical play . compare to Raymond and pay 1.7 mill :)
Hansen is well worth $1.7M as far as I am concerned. We will pay what we need to pay to keep him. He has eventual offensive upside potential as well, and isn't that far from finding his way on to the 2nd line.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4125
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Yeah, Hansen is a keeper
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10883
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by rats19 »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Yeah, Hansen is a keeper

Because? :twisted:
Getting old is not for the young...
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4125
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Madcombinepilot »

consistency.

you know exactly what you are getting. he works his but off every shift. never takes a shift off. He is durable. Finishes his checks. backchecks hard, great in the room, can move up and down the lineup, never complains.

He is the most underrated player on our team.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:30 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

He is good...I dunno about 1.7 mill tho.
Great speed, good defensive play, but really can't score off the rush, which his speed constantly gives him. 1.5 would be fine. Well keep the cap hit to 1.5 at least so we can add something to our second line.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11966
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Topper »

Inflation, he gets Burrows money. Jannik is a very smart young hockey player and the Burrows comparable may be closer than many realize.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Tciso »

Topper wrote:Inflation, he gets Burrows money. Jannik is a very smart young hockey player and the Burrows comparable may be closer than many realize.
he hasn't earned 5 years at $2/yr just yet. But, I am very content at 4 yr, $1.5/yr. And, then, he's only 29, so he can still have a great payday if he has grown into it.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by ClamRussel »

Total unsung hero, perfect 3rd liner...w/ any hands at all he'd flying on the 2nd line w/ Kesler.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
User avatar
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2460
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver
Contact:

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by LotusBlossom »

ClamRussel wrote:Total unsung hero, perfect 3rd liner...w/ any hands at all he'd flying on the 2nd line w/ Kesler.
If he had any hands, indeed. I don't know how many times being at the arena this year and seeing Hansen completely miss the net when he was open. At least hit the goalie man. In all fairness, he rang a few posts this past season as well.

1.5 for 3 years, would be pretty good for a guy like him. 1.75/per tops.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Fred
CC Legend
Posts: 3434
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Fred »

Hansen strikes me as a player that's up tight, to score you have to be relaxed IMo. He was a goal scorer with the Winterhawks and Henrik often mentioned the great goals he scores in practises, in fact he said he's the greatest practise player in the NHL. He still has time and a long term deal might be the best move for MG
cheers
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27203
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Strangelove »

Good call Fred.

Chalk me up as one of the many who would like to see Hansen locked up for a few years while we can still get him on the cheap....
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote:Good call Fred.

Chalk me up as one of the many who would like to see Hansen locked up for a few years while we can still get him on the cheap....
exactly. I see 3 or 4 years at $1.5 possibly a great bargain, and if he never gets better, a cheap gamble.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2460
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver
Contact:

Re: Hansen goes to Arbitration

Post by LotusBlossom »

Fred wrote:Hansen strikes me as a player that's up tight, to score you have to be relaxed IMo. He was a goal scorer with the Winterhawks and Henrik often mentioned the great goals he scores in practises, in fact he said he's the greatest practise player in the NHL. He still has time and a long term deal might be the best move for MG
That's just the thing, he is too tight when he is in game mode. He has all the skill to be a good goal scorer, but he needs to relax. Mind you, half of the reason many of us like him is because he is pretty tight on the ice. He's always willing to go the distance, even if he can't shoot worth shizznit
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Post Reply