What the??? What happened?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: What the??? What happened?

Post by ClamRussel »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Fred wrote:Two elite goalies worked in Boston, Thomas and Rask. When you think the 2009 -2010 season Rask split the games with Thomas, he sure picked it up after that. Rask in a RFA next season after this, Boston like Vcr will have to make a decission.
I still have a problem putting Rask and Schneider as 'elite', but they are very good, and are starting to show what they have at the NHL level. Luckily they have age on their side presently and barring injury, and continuing to play good consistent games, they both can garner a true starting job.
Agreed, look at the history of similar elite stories....Raycroft, Mason, Varlamov, Niemi, Theodore etc etc. Sometimes its just a matter of getting a book on the guy, or having no idea what you're up against at first. Steve Mason was an Olympic front runner after his rookie season, now he's a complete mess. Rask & Schneider are very promising at this point.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

damonberryman wrote: The goalie is supposed to win a game here and there when teh team needs it. Lou did not. For that alone we need to get rid of him.
I don't know what playoffs you watched, but it sure as shit wasn't the Canucks... Let's see:

R1G1: Shutout, 32/32 saves.
R1G7: 31/32 saves, and kind of a big one in OT.
R2G1: Shutout.
R3G5: 54/56 saves.
R4G1: Shutout.
R4G5: Shutout.

So there's 6 games that can EASILY be attributed to Luongo probably winning them for us.

Seems to me that Luongo played about as well as most of the other players on our team. They played great for stretches, and horrifically for others. Sure, he imploded several times in the finals, but unlike most of our forwards he actually showed up to a couple games against the Bruins.
Next come the divers. Burrows and Lapierre made the refs feel dissed. At that point we lost. Even the Sedins dived. i have been a fan since day one but I was never so ashamed of my team as when no one stood up for Daniel when the little rat Marchand beat on him. Danny should have punched him back but failing that where was our pride? Where was it? Why were all our fighters in the press room during the Bruin series? Where was ripper? How about Volpatti? Glass? Av struck out and shamed us all. So do not look too far afield for the culprits. Our coach, goalie and leaders let us down bad, and people do not like it when a team quits. not one goal in the final. Not one. hell. I disliked them for getting my hopes so high and then acting that way. it was not the loss. it was the way we lost. Like a beaten cur whining and whimpering, hoping to hide from the stick. We need to get rid of Lou (a good goalie during the regualr season but terrible when there is pressure and please, do ot bring up the gold medal. I thought he was going to lose it all by himself) and probably AV. then we need to get a prescence on the ice.
Okay, so we blow up a Presidents trophy winning team that came within 60 minutes of winning a cup. Trade a Vezina finalist. Trade back to back Art Ross winners, fire a Jack Adams nominee. That's sure brilliance right there. NHL12 comes out in a couple weeks ;)

I don't like the diving either, but that's the team we had and the media made a bigger deal out of it than it was. You mean to tell me that it's diving when 6'9 Zdeno Chara shoves Henrik Sedin while he's on his knees? The NHL decided to let the boys play, and when they choose to put the whistles away it becomes a different hockey game. Totally suited for towards "old time" hockey and not the "new NHL". Remember when the Sedins came unglued vs. Chicago a few years back? How did that work for us? How is it a good thing having Daniel Sedin sitting in the penalty box? Marchand seriously isn't hurting a grown man with his love-taps, he WANTS Daniel to retaliate.

We should be so lucky to have two capable goalies in Luongo and Schneider. Injuries, cold streaks, hot streaks etc. Pretty much the entirety of this roster is based on depth, and having depth in net is a great asset. We've seen that big contracts can be moved (Carter, Richards), for pretty good return. NHL GM's aren't as stupid as some of the posters on this site, and if we offered them Luongo we'd get back a damn good return. Certainly better than what we'd get for Cory Schneider.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Someone answered this post of 'what happened" with the comment that basically said "who cares". Unfortunately the Canucks do and if they currently do not they will be the time the season is half way. Imagine going to all the rinks around the NHL (canadian teams in particular) and getting the amount of crap they will. the constant interviews whose talking heads will blow up ANYTHING a Canuck says. No. It is not going to be easy. If Gillis and AV are smart they will use it as a motivator (us against the world) but it will be tough. i do not want Laperierre to dive or yap. Burrows and his bites should go back to the ECHL if he continues. People ask'what was he supposed to do?' Try punching Bergeron in the mouth instead. For some reason folks respect that move even if it is potentially more damaging than a bite. The Toronto media have never NEVER NEVER paid respect to the Coast and they never will. I am not sure why. Maybe jealous? who knows? Good question guy.
Rudypoo
CC Veteran

Post by Rudypoo »

damonberryman wrote: i do not want Laperierre to dive or yap.
Carcillo? Is that you?
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Rudypoo wrote:
Carcillo? Is that you?
:lol:

I guess LaPierre changed his name in the off-season.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Rudypoo wrote:
Carcillo? Is that you?
Looks more like Potatoes work to me.
2011..... the one that got away.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
damonberryman wrote:This is one for Blob McKenzie. Hey fat ass. If you call me a Flames fan again next time I am in Van I will look you up and kick your face in. Show you what it means to grow up in teh East end.What a douche bag you have to be to say such a thing. By the way fat fuck. Who is this Mel you keep referring to?
Pretty tough little guy we have here. :lol:
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
damonberryman wrote:This is one for Blob McKenzie. Hey fat ass. If you call me a Flames fan again next time I am in Van I will look you up and kick your face in. Show you what it means to grow up in teh East end.What a douche bag you have to be to say such a thing. By the way fat fuck. Who is this Mel you keep referring to?
Pretty tough little guy we have here. :lol:
You have a point in bringing up old history Blob? Thought we had sorted that out eh? Remember? Shall I go into the details on this thread?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote:Shall I go into the details on this thread?
Yes please.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Lol what details ? I remember Damon sending me angry pms threatening me but other than that I'm at a loss. I think , I thought he was a troll from Bountiful incognito and he lost his shit. Am I misremembering something here ?

Anyways you two carry on this shit is highly entertaining.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Damon sending me angry pms threatening me
:crazy:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I wonder what his parents would think of this re hash?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.