13th Win by #13

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nuckyeah
AHL Prospect

13th Win by #13

Post by nuckyeah »

Damn, draft day should be easy next year - pick the highest rated redhead. HA!HA!
UNLESS YOUR THE TOP DOG THE VIEW NEVER CHANGES
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: 13th Win by #13

Post by Linden Is God »

So Burrows will be the hero in the 14th win, Glass will be the hero in the 15th and in the 16th win, Linden comes out of the stands and plays hero? :lol:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
kevinwhip
AHL Prospect

Post by kevinwhip »

Linden Is God wrote:So Burrows will be the hero in the 14th win, Glass will be the hero in the 15th and in the 16th win, Linden comes out of the stands and plays hero? :lol:
:wow: that's cool
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Linden comes out of the stands and plays hero?
Boy, then it REALLY is our year. :lol:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Torres has been great for us in the playoffs and it's nice to see him get a big goal like that. Hope we can get him signed.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Bieksa the hero w/ 3 wins to go
Hamhuis returns from injury to be the hero w/ 2 wins to go
Luongo slams the door and steals the show in the final game to capture the Cup!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Torres has been great for us in the playoffs and it's nice to see him get a big goal like that. Hope we can get him signed.
Been a valuable asset all year.. Hansen/Torres/Maholtra might be the best 3rd line in hockey.. Torres is due for a small raise.. Same with Hansen.

Looks like AV had Kesler out with Hansen/Torres - Brilliant !! or was the goal scored in middle of a line change?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Tiger wrote: Been a valuable asset all year.. Hansen/Torres/Maholtra might be the best 3rd line in hockey.. Torres is due for a small raise.. Same with Hansen.

Looks like AV had Kesler out with Hansen/Torres - Brilliant !! or was the goal scored in middle of a line change?
Was a line change. While Torres might be due a small raise, Hansen is probably due a bigger raise. Like a doubling of his salary. He is currently at $0.825M and I think he will get bumped up to (probably) $1.5M. I could see both Hansen and Torres at $1.5M but Torres might get more elsewhere. He is UFA, Hansen is an RFA. Gillis has bigger UFAs he needs to worry about first, so ...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Looks like the cap will go up to about $60-62mil. I think we'll need every penny.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, I agree. I think a big reason for our success this year is beacause we a true grind line that we can throw out against anyone (whereas our teams in the past did not). Wellwood was too small and soft, Bernier was physical but too slow, Pyatt was big but not really physical. The thing that makes this grind line so good too is that they all got good wheels. Teams that didn't have a really good grind line (ie - sharks) seemed to really struggle against us.

Tiger wrote:
Been a valuable asset all year.. Hansen/Torres/Maholtra might be the best 3rd line in hockey.. Torres is due for a small raise.. Same with Hansen.

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I would try and lock Hansen down for 3-5 years at that 1.3-1.4 range. Torres for a couple years (his kind of banger ususally have a shelf life) for the same. spending around 5 to 5.5 million for that third line is money in the bank.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Been a valuable asset all year..
He was invisible most of the year. Don't be so quick to forget. There's going to be spare parts this off-season to plug in for a discount (like what we did with Torres this year), while someone overpays for trendy players, who have lame track records, like Higgins and Torres.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

While I like what Raffi has done during the playoffs, Touc is right. He was invisible for most of the season minus a hot streak. (What was it? 6 goals in 4 games?)

Part of being a consistent contender is being able to make changes to the team so they don't get complacent. In my opinion, and I don't want to seem like I'm shitting on Raffi, but I'd rather see Gillis get Mike Rupp in the offseason.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Linden Is God wrote:While I like what Raffi has done during the playoffs, Touc is right. He was invisible for most of the season minus a hot streak. (What was it? 6 goals in 4 games?)

Part of being a consistent contender is being able to make changes to the team so they don't get complacent. In my opinion, and I don't want to seem like I'm shitting on Raffi, but I'd rather see Gillis get Mike Rupp in the offseason.
I'll take a playoff performer over a regular season hotshot any day! We won the Presidents w/ this group how much better can the regular season get? Its the playoffs that matter, end of story. Making the playoffs is the goal, home ice advantage is the icing on the cake. I'd be in favour of getting rid of anyone who performs in the regular season and disappears in the dance. Raffi should stay if a deal can be worked out. Touc just doesn't like him period so his opinion is biased. I just see a guy who can hit and has the ability & hockey sense to score a very important goal. Not a core player but exactly the type of grinder you need on your 3rd line to compliment a speedster like Hansen. He stay unless he wants too much money for a 3rd liner.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

ClamRussel wrote:Touc just doesn't like him period so his opinion is biased.
Neither do I.
ClamRussel wrote:I just see a guy who can hit and has the ability & hockey sense to score a very important goal. Not a core player but exactly the type of grinder you need on your 3rd line to compliment a speedster like Hansen
Like I've said, he has played great in the playoffs, but anyone could have scored that goal. He got lucky to be at the right spot at the right time. Now part of being at the right place at the right time is also having the ability to sense when to be there. It was a nice goal, he worked hard for it and deserves it. Problem is, that it's only 1 goal so far. His biggest contribution is his hitting, and quite frankly I think that can be replaced. I wouldn't be sad to see him leave in the offseason but if he does continue to contribute like he has I have no problem with him coming back with a friendly cap hit and term. Unfortunately I don't think that's what he would be looking for.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!