Kesler injured ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Kesler injured ?

Post by Tiger »

TSN report :
One question facing the Canucks is the health of centre Ryan Kesler, who has been mentioned as a possible playoff MVP. Kesler limped off the ice, dragging his left leg, in the second period of the final game against San Jose.

He returned to score the tying goal, but has missed two practices with the team.

OUch... lets hope he returns in shape to play.. he just might be the difference maker this series .. Boston = Predators with more offence .. A stifling defence similar but a bit more talented with Chara.. Kesler line was instrumental in winning that series I hate to think of the Canucks going up against the Bruins without Kesler..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: Kesler injured ?

Post by the toucan kid »

Weber vs. Chara is a toss up in my eyes, after that, I would take Nashville's D by a fair margin. There's no second fiddle of consequence for the Bruins.

As for Kesler, sure could change the series, but you know he'll give all he's got. I would certainly be resting him up and not taxing him during the break though, so one might not want to get too worried yet.
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

I agree with Touc. Kes is definitely banged up, and I suspect he has a charlie horse. Missing a few practices is nothing to worry about. Now, if he was limping onto and off the ice, then it would be a different thing, but none of the press have said anything about that. I am more worried about Salo rupturing his pancreas or spleen while tying his skates than Kes :P
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Ahhh Ohmmmm ahhhhh ohmmmmm

I think that is the tibetan healing chant. 8-)
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

I wouldn't mind seeing Kesler taking the first game or two off.

Put him back in for game 3 on.After sitting out for 2 games I suspect he would return with a vengance,give the team a big boost in the middle of the series, and allow someone else to shine,like the replacements have been doing all season.

This team has the depth,and if Keslers injury is as bad as i suspect I don't want him out & done by game 3
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

There's no way that Kesler will take a game (or a shift) off if there's any possible way for him to play. He'd have to be completely crippled to sit out.

To borrow a 1994 quote from Jim Robson, "He'll play, you know he'll play, He'll play on crutches."

Besides, he's got a Conn Smythe trophy to win.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Toucan said :
Weber vs. Chara is a toss up in my eyes, after that, I would take Nashville's D by a fair margin. There's no second fiddle of consequence for the Bruins.
hmm odd thing the Preds let in 194 goals in the regular season.. Bruins 195.. not much difference really.. and the D is big and tough.. The Bruins system defensively is very close to the Preds.. and of course Bruins are better offensively.. Which is why I think this will be our toughest series.. With Kesler I am going with the Canucks in 6.. without him I'd bet the farm on the dammm Bruins.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

So different oppositions for those teams do not play into your equation?
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

and the D is big and tough
Ference isn't big (tough... stretch too in my eyes)
Kaberle?
Seidenberg is a big guy, but more of a shot blocker than a tough guy.
Boychuk? Is he the one you mean?

I dunno, pretty bad I think. The system is an argument I buy, but not the personnel.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

McQuaid, has turned out to be a nice addition to the Bruins def. 6' 5"/200 and as you point out Johnny Boychuk 6'2"/225 is a big hitter then there's Chara I don't think thye lack size and ferocity but maybe speed and agility. Keep you head up when Marchand and Lucic are out there. I don't think they'll dress Thornton.

I was at the Boston ~ Vcr game earlier in the year and the Canucks never got a sniff all night...it's going to be a tough series
cheers
Puck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Puck »

Fred wrote:I was at the Boston ~ Vcr game earlier in the year and the Canucks never got a sniff all night...it's going to be a tough series
This is what concerns me. The best way to beat Vancouver is to limit their shots, stay out of the penalty box and capitalize on a few chances/lucky bounces/or shots from behind the goal-line. I hope that this series isn't a replay of Anaheim-Ottawa with us playing the Senators. I'd like to think we have better depth, flexibility (to win different ways), and goaltending, but we shall see.

Go Canucks Go