Canucks Losing Moose

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Canucks Losing Moose

Post by ClamRussel »

Apparently the Moose are relocating to St. Johns and will be the farm team for the Jets. So where is Vancouver's farm team going to reside, Seattle?
http://tsn.ca/ahl/story/?id=366455
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Masked Man
AHL Prospect

Re: Canucks Losing Moose

Post by Masked Man »

Shit. I have a Moose logo on my mask, a huge Moose flag, a jersey, and a window sticker. I LOVE that logo. I still think the NHL team will be called the Moose. There's nowhere NEAR enough time for rebranding and marketing, unless they can pry the Jets name away from Phoenix. It wouls suck for their fans if they can't get the Jets name, only to see Phoenix move in a year and the name become available. It would look bush to change the name again after a year. Maybe they'll go with Golden Jets this year and cross their fingers.

The Canucks need an AHL affiliate, and only the Chicago Wolves are available, which is about as good an ide as the Flames putting a team in Abbotsford was. Not very.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Masked Man wrote:The Canucks need an AHL affiliate, and only the Chicago Wolves are available, which is about as good an ide as the Flames putting a team in Abbotsford was. Not very.
You have to think at some point that it's in the Canucks' interest to get the Heat as their affiliate.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Rumour here in Victoria.. the new Victoria team might be the answer ?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Tiger wrote:Rumour here in Victoria.. the new Victoria team might be the answer ?
I kind of doubt it, with the WHL returning to town.

No way Victoria will support both WHL and AHL.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I've heard Chiliwack. I'm not familiar with the area, is this possible?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Saskatoon.

It should be Saskatoon!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Tiger wrote:Rumour here in Victoria.. the new Victoria team might be the answer ?
I kind of doubt it, with the WHL returning to town.

No way Victoria will support both WHL and AHL.
So what, who's to say they'll support the WHL over the Canucks prospects. The Canucks could move in there and force Burke's team out of town. Why should Vancouver allow Burke's tactics of rushing in there ahead of the Canucks prevent us from putting our team in the city that makes the most sense to the big club? Simple answer, they shouldn't. It was a shady move by the WHL to rush in there when they had a perfectly good situation in Chilliwack....then move a franchise from Quesnel (?) in there immediately. Huh? Bottom line is Burke wanted to beat the Canucks to the punch....well I say go to Victoria and let the chips fall where they may. My guess is, w/ Canuck fever at an all time high right now, the AHL would outdraw the WHL and be the last man standing there.

I've also heard rumours of Abbotsford, either taking over from the Flames or sharing the team w/ them. I don't like the latter option as it sucked when we shared w/ Pitts....depending on which team provides the coaching staff certain prospects get favoured over others.

I'd be happy w/ Saskatoon for sure, Seattle works from a roadtrip perspective plus we have history of them being our farm team back in the day.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I suspect Burke got an exclusivity deal with the arena in Victoria when he moved in there
cheers
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

the only AHL team without NHL affiliation would be.........................................The Chicago Wolves!!. ugh just the thought of us being affiliated with anything in Chicago makes me want to vomit
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

One of the keys with the Moose is that they were running the same system as the Canucks. It made call-ups fit in more comfortably. I don't see how you can do that in a shared farm-team arrangement.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

I don't care as much about where they are, as where the Canucks prospects and Moose coaching staff end up. We have a lot of time & $$ in the Moose, and just look at how well our defense call-ups fit in with the big boys. I don't wanna lose that.

So, what does happen to our guys under contract?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

well, it will be the end of guys like Keane, Baumer, and Jaffery (?) -- those guys have contracts witrh the Moose, not with the Canucks. what will prolly happen, is either they will be loaned out to the franchise, or we will will only be able to move so many of these guys to a new one. I am sure that there is some sort to transfer rule in place. wasn't there a lag to get all our farm guys in one spot when we switched from the Crunch to the Moose? (of course, that could be old news... it happened before the CBA)

in reality, I have no idea of this process...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.