Straw poll: Alex Auld

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If given the chance, would you happily give up "Tuomas Pihlman" and "John Adams" for Alex Auld?

Damn straight!
67%
I suppose
25%
No, it was too much
8%

Total votes: 12

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I think width is more an issue than length. Length only figures into the mess when goalies go down (which I know happens alot these days)...but the width has gotten out of control....and makes a huge difference when a shooter is looking for daylight.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I posted a while ago, but it seems like a good refresher...

In which era you you want to be a shooter?

Cut 'em down and see a difference in the game!

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Cut 'em down and see a difference in the game!
certainly very convincing and then we could still have the gritty golaies come out adn play adn have more goal scoring...i like, maybe they shoudl stop wearing helmets too then if both the goalies are out of the game with giant gashes to the head because of pucks flying at lightspeed then they wont have a goalie to go with and they will definitley increase scoring....as for hte nucks we have a 3rd string so if clouts adn auld were to go down we could always throw sopel in net
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Vegas_Nucks_Fan wrote:Cut 'em down and see a difference in the game!
I guess you can see just a very little difference in the game by just cutting down the pads.

There's more than that like the flow (tightness, clutching, grabbing), style of play (offensively and defensively) and maybe some small rule changes like no red line, etc.

You have to put in all the small things to see a real difference. Even bigger nets (i don't mean the curved posts !!!) could be just a factor or part of it to equalize nowadays tighter defensive play.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'