Who looks better now?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Re: Who looks better now?

Post by Fred »

Robert wrote:Has Rypien ever won a face off in his life? I think not.. when does Bolduc come back?

I like Bolduc too. But he doesn't add a lot of energy which the 4th line should. If you try and categorize Vcr's 4th line (you name the players) there just nothing that seems to stand out, They're tough but don't intimadate, littel speed, no scoring, no big hitters (especally Bolduc ) what do they do, I think AV has them on a very short leash but certainly no colour...bland.

Morrison would be third in Pts on the Canucks..but... who cares, :oops: :oops: plus he is a nice fill in for a centre. Hodgson stuck at 16th on the AHL Moose...lets hope all his skill starts showing up soon. He's tied with other notables prospects Kevin Clarke and Stefan Schneider.
cheers
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Fred wrote:I like Bolduc too. But he doesn't add a lot of energy which the 4th line should. If you try and categorize Vcr's 4th line (you name the players) there just nothing that seems to stand out, They're tough but don't intimadate, littel speed, no scoring, no big hitters (especally Bolduc ) what do they do, I think AV has them on a very short leash but certainly no colour...bland.
Well, we have hitting and speed on the 3rd line with Malholtra, Torres and Hansen. (I really have liked Hansen in the recent games and I like that third line).

A fourth line of Rypien, Glass and Schaefer isn't the worst thing in the world. No heavyweight but that can be addressed by using Peters if need be. Bolduc, Rypien and Glass would be fine too, but the 4th line probably won't see a lot of ice time assuming lines 1-3 are clicking.

In the end Calgary needed Morrison more than we did. Good for them and if Morrison gets 30-40 points Calgary should probably be happy.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

ClamRussel wrote:Brendan Morrison 9gp 3-6-9 (still the 3rd period to go)
Peter Schaefer 8gp 0-0-0

I know ice time & linemates are factors....but still,
Morrison can kill penalties as well....maybe not as well as Schaefer but he brings other attributes like faceoffs and better offensive instincts. A point a game.

just sayin'
Brendan Morrison and Todd Bertuzzi are both in the top 25 for scoring right now. Alls Im sayin... :P
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Fred wrote:
Robert wrote:Has Rypien ever won a face off in his life? I think not.. when does Bolduc come back?

I like Bolduc too. But he doesn't add a lot of energy which the 4th line should. If you try and categorize Vcr's 4th line (you name the players) there just nothing that seems to stand out, They're tough but don't intimadate, littel speed, no scoring, no big hitters (especally Bolduc ) what do they do, I think AV has them on a very short leash but certainly no colour...bland.

Morrison would be third in Pts on the Canucks..but... who cares, :oops: :oops: plus he is a nice fill in for a centre. Hodgson stuck at 16th on the AHL Moose...lets hope all his skill starts showing up soon. He's tied with other notables prospects Kevin Clarke and Stefan Schneider.
Bolduc has played 1 game ffs. Wake up before you critique the guys game - give him a chance.

Morrison wouldn't be 3rd in scoring in Vancouver because he wouldn't be getting near that much icetime here but don't let the facts stand in your way . He can't play the wing long term because he's 5 ft fucking 8 and soft as butter. Hodgson missed a whole year of development. Is it possible for you to give him more than 6 games ? probably not- wishful thinking on my part.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

In the end Calgary needed Morrison more than we did. Good for them and if Morrison gets 30-40 points Calgary should probably be happy.[/quote]

Impossible according to some
because he's 5 ft fucking 8** and soft as butter
It's all a mirage despite getting 42 pts last season in 74 games and had seasons of 51 & 54 poits here. Lets face it we're screwed if we loose either Henrik or Kesler this season, Marco Rosa with 1+1 in 6 games is our best centre in Mooseville. No insurance in our farm system

** listed as 5'11"
cheers
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

dr.dork wrote: (but it doesn't make a lot of sense to be comparing him to Schaefer).
Actually it does, not as players but rather just considering the team was deciding on which of them to go w/ and chose Peter over Brendan. Looking at their contributions makes sense to me even if they are different styles of players.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Morrison though playing wing at the moment is not a winger. He wouldn't be putting up those points here playing on the 4th line which is where he'd be. No thanks to Morrison. This team needs more sandpaper and Morrison is about a 400 grit. Let us know how he's doing in February.
Possibly, or he could be playing on the 1st line w/ the Sedins instead of Tambellini. Its a fact that one of the reasons the Canucks opted for Schaefer as a depth player is they believed in Jeff T as being that Morrison type depth player who could move up and down the lines depending on where he was needed. Nothing wrong w/ that decision, perhaps we should see how Tambellini is doing in Feb as well.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

It's all a mirage despite getting 42 pts last season in 74 games and had seasons of 51 & 54 poits here. Lets face it we're screwed if we loose either Henrik or Kesler this season, Marco Rosa with 1+1 in 6 games is our best centre in Mooseville. No insurance in our farm system
I still don't get this... WE'RE STILL SCREWED IF WE LOSE HANK OR KESLER, MORRISON OR NO. Every team would be if they lose a (real) top six center.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Fred wrote:
Lets face it we're screwed if we loose either Henrik or Kesler this season,
Every single team in the NHL would be screwed if they lost their top two centers to injury.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Fred wrote: It's all a mirage despite getting 42 pts last season in 74 games and had seasons of 51 & 54 poits here. Lets face it we're screwed if we loose either Henrik or Kesler this season, Marco Rosa with 1+1 in 6 games is our best centre in Mooseville. No insurance in our farm system

** listed as 5'11"
He WOULDN'T GET THAT AMOUNT OF ICE TIME ON THIS TEAM FRED. HE PUT UP THOSE NUMBERS BECAUSE HE WAS PLAYING IN THE TOP 6. THAT WOULDN'T HAPPEN HERE FRED. He wouldn't accept a two way deal either, so when everyone was healthy he is a 4th line centre at best, because he would get killed on the wing in the long term.

I ahve met B-Mo a couple of times Fred. I'm 6ft and I tower over the guy. He's 5 ft 8 or 5ft9 at the very most.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fred wrote: He WOULDN'T GET THAT AMOUNT OF ICE TIME ON THIS TEAM FRED. HE PUT UP THOSE NUMBERS BECAUSE HE WAS PLAYING IN THE TOP 6. THAT WOULDN'T HAPPEN HERE FRED.
WHY CAN'T MORE POSTERS WRITE LIKE THIS?

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I ahve met B-Mo a couple of times Fred. I'm 6ft and I tower over the guy. He's 5 ft 8 or 5ft9 at the very most.
To be fair though, most guys heights are juiced.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fred wrote:

Bolduc has played 1 game ffs. Wake up before you critique the guys game - give him a chance.

Morrison wouldn't be 3rd in scoring in Vancouver because he wouldn't be getting near that much icetime here but don't let the facts stand in your way . He can't play the wing long term because he's 5 ft fucking 8 and soft as butter. Hodgson missed a whole year of development. Is it possible for you to give him more than 6 games ? probably not- wishful thinking on my part.
:lol:

Cerebus ♡ Blob
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fred wrote:

I'm with Blob on this, 1 game and then he got hurt. Not fair to 'assess' the play of Bolduc.

From what I have seen of Bolduc on the Moose, I rather like his style of play. He has a big body, isn't afraid to throw it and we could potentially see possibly 6-10 goals from the guy annually.

Morrison is no longer suited for the team the Canucks are trying to build. There is no way in hell he is going to unseat: Hank, Kesler and Malholtra for a centering job. Fact.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

BMo will not keep up that pace and he's given more of a scoring role in Calgary, while Peter Who is playing on the bottom 6. Also, Shaef missed a year of hockey, so it'll take a little longer for him to get his game back, but it looks like he's coming around a bit as he scored a big goal the other day. I like Bolduc as well and he's better built for the 4th line than Bmo. Unless Hank, Kes or Malhot goes down with a long term injury, letting BMo walk was the right move.