BMO Redux

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: BMO Redux

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Linden Is God wrote:Mo is really looking good against the Ducks. Think his chances of making the team are improving?

the man still has it. he looked just great on that Schroeder goal
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I really hope he makes it. But this all seems like a cock tease to me.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

The guy is making a real strong case...in fact Schaefer also keeps producing and looking strong. The Canucks aren't giving them this much icetime to showcase their asses for other clubs. Clearly they are giving them a serious look. Without a doubt Morrison would give us more experience throughout the lineup and Schaefer would be helpful for the PK. Its possible he could challenge Hansen for a similar role. I'd like to see Morrison get a crack w/ the Sedins as a possible temp fill-in for Burrows until he's healthy. Really looking forward to seeing how Hodgson performs tomorrow, things could get interesting. Schroeder just nailed that goal tonight.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Just watching about twenty minutes last night and the lightened pace of an exhibition game is just so plain. No wonder guys like Mo and Schaef look okay... I don't know, I think Hansen is a better player than Morrison at this point. Is Morrison willing to sign for league min?
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

the toucan kid wrote: I don't know, I think Hansen is a better player than Morrison at this point. Is Morrison willing to sign for league min?
I would assume he would be, seeing as he's said he doesn't want to play in the A. Beggers can't be choosers.

As for Hanson, my opinion only, I feel he's useless. I wish the Canucks would have gotten rid of him.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:Is Morrison willing to sign for league min?
You gotta remember that he isn't just auditioning for the Canucks. There are 29 other teams that may be interested in his services too. He might be offered more than the min. from someone else, although it's clear that he would prefer to play here.

In the interview with HNIC after the game, Gillis sounded like Bmo is liable to make the team if he can keep up his play through the preseason. He said,"If Brendan Morrison can continue to play as well as he has, he'll be a big addition for us in the face-off circle."

Mo really is proving that he can still play in this league and be an effective player (preseason or not).

I'm sure he'll be playing in the NHL somewhere this season and I'm hoping it'll be in his home town.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Linden Is God wrote: As for Hanson, my opinion only, I feel he's useless. I wish the Canucks would have gotten rid of him.

How can you say that a player who is an aggressive forechecker, defensively aware, strong skater and scores 9 goals in 47 games is useless?
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

woodhog wrote:
Linden Is God wrote: As for Hanson, my opinion only, I feel he's useless. I wish the Canucks would have gotten rid of him.

How can you say that a player who is an aggressive forechecker, defensively aware, strong skater and scores 9 goals in 47 games is useless?

Honestly, I'm not a fan either. I don't think he's useless..but I think we can do alot better with how much we pay him.
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

nucklehead_88 wrote:
woodhog wrote:
Honestly, I'm not a fan either. I don't think he's useless..but I think we can do alot better with how much we pay him.
That's pretty easy to say without backing up your statement with examples of "alot better" players for less money.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm still not sold on Bmo - but if he can pull it off and find a job on the 3rd line it could work out. A 3rd line with 3 experienced and decent to good players will be a vast improvement over last year. He could also hold a spot for either Hodgson or Schroeder to come up mid season when either (or both) are ready.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I actually like Hansen and appreciate what he brings to the team...that said I have no problem w/ players like Morrison challenging him for icetime. There is no doubt in my mind that Morrison brings more to the table offensively and Hansen is a better checker....perhaps Hansen loses his 3rd line spot and ends up on the 4th line and as a PKer....or Morrison centers the 4th line and Hansen stays on the 3rd. Lets see what Cody Hodgson has to say about all this, he may come out tonight and make a statement that he's better than both of them and wants that 3rd line slot. Then again if he doesn't he could easily find himself on his way to Winnipeg for a long cold winter...which at his age isn't the end of the world. In the end all this depth is a good problem to have. Have we ever had such dynamic competition for the bottom 6?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I have a fear that we will have a battle for the positions, lose a couple of guys via waiver and then then competition will decrease - along with the desire that some of these guys need to be effective players (and end up with a Wellwood or two).
2019-20 - Playoff Bound
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I would assume he would be, seeing as he's said he doesn't want to play in the A. Beggers can't be choosers.
Is this just a showcase for the league rather than just a chance at making the Canucks? In a month can he wiggle a few more hundred thousand to play on a weaker team that needs a veteran C? Who knows.

I can't fathom anyone taking Mo over Hansen in a fourth line role.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Not sure if anyone watched it last night, but the interview of Gillis after the game he basically said he is playing his way onto the team. From what i saw, Morrison looks as if he isn't even trying... he was just always in the right position making the right play. I will admit at first i wasn't really looking forward to him possibly making the team. But i think im on the band wagon now.
I loved his patience and vision with the puck.
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

BMo has always reminded me of Cliff Ronning. Both play soft, but both have great vision and hockey sense. And, he seems to be having a great pre-season. Easily the best Canuck on the ice last night outside of Lou and the twins. I would love BMo on our 3rd line, 2nd PP and 1st PK unit. Heck, he can even play with the twins if no-one else fits in until Burrows gets back. I'd rather have him on the team than Hodson playing at 80% with a bulging disk any day.

Leave the grit to guys like Torres and Oreskevich and the defense.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!