BMO Redux

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Re: BMO Redux

Post by Fred »

Seriously though, hmm Ovechkin - think about it.

Seriously you think about what I said, he's selected to that position by an NHL coach and you feel your you know more and better....what hat size do you take...think about it. They could have played any one in that spot but they chose Morrison not for one game but kept him there for about a month. He's a play maker which is why the coach put him there and why we'll look stupid to if HS is injured we don't have another play maker, loads of wingers to fudge with....think about it
cheers
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Washington doesn't have a H.Sedin, or a Ryan Kesler for that matter.

He's a spare part here, he's not getting top-6 minutes and he's not physical enough for the bottom six.

Get over it, Fred. Morrison wasn't going to sign here, he had better opportunities elsewhere. Minimum wage for 7-10 minutes/game? I'm sure he was keen to go to Calgary where he can be a 1-2 line C.

He may have played with OV for a month last year, but iirc he was bounced down the depth chart as the season wore on. We don't need him here, and he signed somewhere where he can make a real impact.

I'll reiterate it again... Brendan is no replacement for H.Sedin. If Hank goes down, we're screwed regardless.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Never in my wildess dream would I compare the two, that would be rediculous. You tell me after HS who is the next play making centre we have. Wehave lots of wingers who can fill in Tambellini, Schroeder but I can't think of a play making centre in the organization. I'm not trying to be obstinate . When DS went down we could replace him but we can't replace HS IMO but I'm all ears. I also think it counts that a man of Bruce Boudroe stature saw him as a play maker for AO....so it's not just me :?
cheers
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Seriously you think about what I said, he's selected to that position by an NHL coach and you feel your you know more and better....what hat size do you take...think about it. They could have played any one in that spot but they chose Morrison not for one game but kept him there for about a month. He's a play maker which is why the coach put him there and why we'll look stupid to if HS is injured we don't have another play maker, loads of wingers to fudge with....think about it
You've taken this ridiculous stance in the past. The bulk of the league, its coaches and GMs (experts we'll call them) passed on Morrison. He couldn't land a contract. Because he played for a team, that has a coach (oddly enough), you're trying to use that as a credit to your opinion. It's totally nonsensical.

You're the one running against conventional wisdom within the inner ranks of the hockey experts.

If we thought like you did, this place might as well not exist. "Well coach did this... I guess we'd better trust he knows what's best."
You tell me after HS who is the next play making centre we have.
We don't have one. That does mean it's worth keeping Morrison on the roster. We'd be so fricken screwed we might as well bring up Hodgson anyway and stick him on the first line because we're not going anywhere without our best players. You can't just insure against losing superstars by signing castoffs. If you get that bad stroke of luck, then you're finished.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

we might as well bring up Hodgson anyway and stick him on the first line
The penney just dropped.....you're Hodgsons agent :D

By the way most of the other team won't want Mo because they're not contenders, The Canucks on the other hand think this is their year...I hope they're right
cheers
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

The penney just dropped.....you're Hodgsons agent :D

By the way most of the other team won't want Mo because they're not contenders, The Canucks on the other hand think this is their year...I hope they're right
And I need that commission!

Seriously though, a contender doesn't need Morrison...
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Well let's hope we're a contender and we won't need him. 2 assists forthe Mo man last night
cheers
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Fred wrote:Well let's hope we're a contender and we won't need him. 2 assists forthe Mo man last night
Oh for fucks sake, will you just fuck off about Morrison, he's gone. We made our bed now cheer them or get lost.

We don't give shit if Bmo scores on himself, it's irrelevant, much like yourself.
I really don't know what the hell you are blabing on about me attacking you, I never even acknowledged your existence before you little piss-ant and now you are annoying all of us like a stinking gnat.

Go Canucks! (or go home 8-) )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Fred wrote: By the way most of the other team won't want Mo because they're not contenders, The Canucks on the other hand think this is their year...I hope they're right
You're saying Calgary are contenders? They have a glaring hole for skilled C. Something the Canucks do not have.

Morrison had a decent year last season, but scored one goal in his final 21 games, and saw a meagre 4:06 total TOI on the SH since January. That's hardly what the Canucks were after for their fourth line...

Agree with Arachnid, minus the hate-speech... we need to get over it. I'd hate to spend the whole year tracking a top-6 Morrison and saying he could do this or that here in a fourth-line roll.
dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dangler »

Fred wrote:........By the way most of the other team won't want Mo because they're not contenders, The Canucks on the other hand think this is their year...I hope they're right
I think Fred meant the contenders don't want Mo....whereas Calgary and other teams with weakness at Center can use his skills.

Lets save the namecalling for recess
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

dangler wrote:
Fred wrote:........By the way most of the other team won't want Mo because they're not contenders, The Canucks on the other hand think this is their year...I hope they're right
I think Fred meant the contenders don't want Mo....whereas Calgary and other teams with weakness at Center can use his skills.

Lets save the namecalling for recess
I call RECESS!

I'm good with that. Don't know why I was singled out to begin with. I never attacked anyone in general...just MoreErrosion lovers...

Onward and upward I say! Pish Posh!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)