Circus starts today

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How many times will you see the punch today?

1-5
50%
6-9
50%
10+
No votes

Total votes: 4

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Circus starts today

Post by Madcombinepilot »

How many times will the media circus replay 'the punch' on TV today (I have already seen it 3 times today - twice on Canada AM, and once on TSN)? Why is a punch to the head which resulted in a freak accident (intent to injure not withstanding), replayed more on TV and talked about more on talkshows, news casts, etc that the choosing of a new pope?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

its because todays population thrives off of violence and malice. Why do you people like watching hockey when there are fights? baseball when there are brawls? or any sport where someone gets hurt even if it is not malice related. It is because for some twisted reason our society has become dependant on seeing other peolpe hurt. Thats why when someone singing the national anthem falls flat on their ass or when like last year one of the players at a brewers baseball game knocked out one of the wiener mascots the crowd goes wild.

thats why i anticipate depending on how much media you veiw today the amout of times you see or hear about the punch will vary, but it is definitley certain that everyone will see it at least 2 or 3 times today.

It is a sad state that we thrive off of violence but because violence is seemingly something that brings humour, if violence from sports was removed all together then you would definitley see a decline in veiwer ratings of msot of he sports with regualr violence, so football, hockey, and baseball
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Well put,

They way "entertainment" is going (reality TV comes to mind) and the points listed above, perhaps we should just get rid of sports and bring back gladiators.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."