Electric Powder Blue Ice.... and Flourescent Orange Lines???

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Would you rather have....

blue ice?
89%
orange lines?
11%

Total votes: 9

jchockey
MVP
MVP

Electric Powder Blue Ice.... and Flourescent Orange Lines???

Post by jchockey »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2014167

if they're gonna do this, i'd rather have the lines be coloured in the home team's colours. gives the home team even more home advantage, eh? :lol:
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Unreal ... is the game we love in self-destruct mode right now ???

Grizz
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

Grizzly wrote:Unreal ... is the game we love in self-destruct mode right now ???

Grizz
i thought that happened a long time ago??
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Grizzly wrote:Unreal ... is the game we love in self-destruct mode right now ???

Grizz
I haven't seen the game I love for years. Somehow it got replaced by "Football on ice". :cry:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

i thought that happened a long time ago??
I haven't seen the game I love for years. Somehow it got replaced by "Football on ice".
Yeah true ... but they seem to think it isn't destroyed quiet enough yet ...

Grizz
goCANUCKSgo
AHL Prospect

Post by goCANUCKSgo »

Say this whole blue ice thing catches on...will we still call the blue lines the blue lines? Or will we start calling them the orange lines? Just a thought.
"Sure, I'm cocky and arrogant...but that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person" - Jeremy Roenick
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

goCANUCKSgo wrote:Say this whole blue ice thing catches on...will we still call the blue lines the blue lines? Or will we start calling them the orange lines? Just a thought.
hence, jeff jillson's quote 'i guess i'm an orange-liner now'
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

This is beyond belief....put it all together and its never been easier for a die-hard fan to "ween" oneself OFF the game. THey just keep kicking us when we're down, spitting & pissing on our crumpled up bodies as they laugh in glee. This is like watching your best friend or family member self destruct & take everyone around them down for the ride. Boggles the mind.
Is this a bad dream? Are we all in one big Twilight Zone episode??? wtf :bounce:
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

And again, wake me up when the bad dream's over. :mex:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Football on ice
hey man.... football on ice is fun to watch... just football on ice with finesse
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
ro_nin
AHL Prospect

Post by ro_nin »

Well I won't decry it as the end of hockey as we know it until I've at least seen it hehe.

Honestly I'd say I'm also in favour of anything that markets the game. One way or the other the game is going to go through major changes to try and win back fans, and bring in new ones. All sports evolve and develop through time, I can think of a lot worse things then a different colour ice.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

ro_nin wrote:Well I won't decry it as the end of hockey as we know it until I've at least seen it hehe.

Honestly I'd say I'm also in favour of anything that markets the game. One way or the other the game is going to go through major changes to try and win back fans, and bring in new ones. All sports evolve and develop through time, I can think of a lot worse things then a different colour ice.
I agree with you to a point. Unless the stars are allowed to shine (ie: no obstruction) it won't matter if the ice is purple, the beer is free and they pay people to attend games - if the product is subpar, don't put a new dress on it! Fix the damned game and the fans will come.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I liked the light blue ice...it is easier to watch IMO. However, if you can paint a blue "red" line that shows up why the hell can't you just keep the blue lines instead of these bright orange things that is harder on the eyes than the white surface ever was? An A for effort and inventiveness. An F for execution.

Blue ice....fine but keep the red line red and the blue lines blue. You can see them just as well.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Maybe if all the lines are fluorescent and they can make the puck glow .... they can put some coloured blinking lights on the players and turn all the arena lights out too and see what happens ... last man standing.

Grizz
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

Grizzly wrote:Maybe if all the lines are fluorescent and they can make the puck glow .... they can put some coloured blinking lights on the players and turn all the arena lights out too and see what happens ... last man standing.

Grizz
it'll be just like glow-in-the-dark bowling, but better cause its on ice! :cry: