Pratt and Taylor

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nucklehead88
CC Veteran

Re: Pratt and Taylor

Post by nucklehead88 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:15 pm

well now that was entertaining to listen to. ive been in a poker tour and let me tell you what....if thats the most demanding tounament in the world then i should have won at least four stanly cups by now. roberto luongo plays in poker tounaments, lets ask him what is tougher and more demanding, the playoffs or poker? he'd probably hang up on you for asking such a dumb question. golf can be quite tiring, epecially if your walking the whole course. but to sit on yor ass and play cards for a week and call it the hardest tournament in te world to win is a slap iin the face.( memorial cup anyone?) ive always enjoyed the show and both men's opinions but pratt....are you out of you peabrained mind?!?!?!

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm

I don't care if you walk or ride a cart (which all the pros do btw and is lame) golf is barely a sport....its more a game imo.
I kind of agree w/ Burke on this one that to be classified as a sport there has to be a danger element. Golf is definitely a game and takes skill and athleticism....its sometimes a competition while other times a past-time.

Poker is simply a game.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy

nucklehead88
CC Veteran

Post by nucklehead88 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:17 pm

my thoughts exactly

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:09 pm

Never mind that. I'm sure the most important thing Team 1040 listeners need to know is if "Mr. Pratt" has found his money yet under his mattress next to his sticky underwear and his collection of magazines from Little Sisters bookshop.

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 pm

**DELETED**

DP
Last edited by DavidPratt_ on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Jimi Hendrix, Pete Townsend, Jimmy Page and others spent 16 hours per day playing guitar with lots of stress and competition. Despite Townsend's athletics in concerts during the '60s and '70s which was more carb burning than dealing from the bottom of the deck, I wouldn't call guitar playing a sport.

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:11 pm

DavidPratt_ wrote:"I think there are so many things that are the same in sports and poker that you've got to link them together some way," said Brunson, a spokesperson for DoylesRoom.com. "You have to be a mental athlete to play. You have to have physical endurance. ... The last tournament I won (the No-Limit Six-Person Hold 'Em at last year's World Series of Poker), I played 18 hours one day, 16 hours the next day and 16 hours that last day. That's pretty tough. ...
I thought that after you got spanked by Taylor, a mental midget, you would run away and hide or at least admit the error of your ways. But no, you quote the 70-something on his self-serving tale about poker requiring physical endurance. Guess what, it doesn't. I suppose it depends on your definition of physical endurance, but normally that involves actually doing something like getting your fat ass off of the chair.

It is interesting that you're continuing to dig an even deeper hole.

Time to pull out the old dork of the week ...

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:12 pm

mr perfect wrote:Jimi Hendrix, Pete Townsend, Jimmy Page and others spent 16 hours per day playing guitar with lots of stress and competition. Despite Townsend's athletics in concerts during the '60s and '70s which was more carb burning than dealing from the bottom of the deck, I wouldn't call guitar playing a sport.
I second this. I've worked 14 hours, 12 hours and 14 hours in 3 days straight at times (And I wasn't sitting on my ass the whole time let me tell you), should that have been a televised athletic sport? Sure it's exhausting and mentally tough, so are allot of things. a roadtrip across Canada for one. In fact that's a decent comparable, steady concentration while sitting on your ass for days on end with shitty hotels and pee breaks in between. I wouldn't call it a sport though.

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Ha - so 'DP' has others making his arguments now - cute.

All of us agree that poker is a tough mental game, but like anyone who works for a living also agrees long days (yes some of us work over 12 hours a day) will lead to mistakes.

Has anyone asked the poker players if they feel they could keep up with a 80 game season of hockey, a full season of NFL football, NBA basketball or some other SPORT that requires both the mental toughness with the physical stress. Poker is what athletes do when they want to relax.

Don't call me "kid", junior. It's condescending.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:45 am

so, I have a question.....

did Pratt use all
CAPS ON TAYLORS A$$ WHEN HE WALKED OUT ON HIM?!?!?!?

or was it a more of a pillow talk "I am mad at you, make up in the morning' kinda thing?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:49 am

I have seen David Pratt on a late Friday night. Leather is not a breathable fabric, so to constantly circle the room looking for the "just drunk enough" girl is VERY physically taxing. I have seen David sweating profusely, struggling to rehydrate himself before the drink specials end. Couple that with the mental toughness to constantly withstand the 10 second glare and the "I don't THINK so, Gramps!", and you have an elite athlete at the top of his game, although there are clear signs he's in the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep twilight of his career.

What David Pratt does, ladies and gentleme, IS a sport. He doesn't call himself a "player" for nothing.

That is all.
The Leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.

LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by LotusBlossom » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:56 am

Ridleyfan wrote:I have seen David Pratt on a late Friday night. Leather is not a breathable fabric, so to constantly circle the room looking for the "just drunk enough" girl is VERY physically taxing. I have seen David sweating profusely, struggling to rehydrate himself before the drink specials end. Couple that with the mental toughness to constantly withstand the 10 second glare and the "I don't THINK so, Gramps!", and you have an elite athlete at the top of his game, although there are clear signs he's in the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep twilight of his career.

What David Pratt does, ladies and gentleme, IS a sport. He doesn't call himself a "player" for nothing.

That is all.
:towel: :rockin: :cheers:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde

JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:17 pm

ClamRussel wrote: I kind of agree w/ Burke on this one that to be classified as a sport there has to be a danger element.
Nice! I never heard that before but it's sweet and makes 100% sense to me.

Either way though I'm listening to the team 1040 for the first time since the draft ended so it's brilliant marketing if nothing else.

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:19 pm

**DELETED**

DP
Last edited by DavidPratt_ on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Ridleyfan wrote:I have seen David Pratt on a late Friday night. Leather is not a breathable fabric, so to constantly circle the room looking for the "just drunk enough" girl is VERY physically taxing. I have seen David sweating profusely, struggling to rehydrate himself before the drink specials end. Couple that with the mental toughness to constantly withstand the 10 second glare and the "I don't THINK so, Gramps!", and you have an elite athlete at the top of his game, although there are clear signs he's in the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep twilight of his career.

That is all.
I DON'T RECALL HANGING OUT IN DAWSON CREEK ON A FRIDAY NIGHT.

THAT IS ALL.

DP