Pratt and Taylor

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Pratt and Taylor

Post by Ridleyfan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Pratt and Taylor got into an argument today over whether Doyle Brunson playing the WSOP is comparable To Tom Watson almost taking the British Open. Dave walked out, apparently upset with Don's retort that "folding my laundry takes more effort".
Reruns of old interviews ensued. Is this the end of Pratt?

On a side note, in a fair and just world, David Pratt would be banging Susan Boyle. ;)
The Leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.

LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Pratt and Taylor

Post by LotusBlossom » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:22 am

Ridleyfan wrote:Pratt and Taylor got into an argument today over whether Doyle Brunson playing the WSOP is comparable To Tom Watson almost taking the British Open. Dave walked out, apparently upset with Don's retort that "folding my laundry takes more effort".
Reruns of old interviews ensued. Is this the end of Pratt?

On a side note, in a fair and just world, David Pratt would be banging Susan Boyle. ;)
I can't wait for "David Pratt" to respond to this thread. lol
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde

the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:22 pm

LotusBlossom wrote:I can't wait for "David Pratt" to respond to this thread. lol
Good point. I wish we'd had an auto unCAP feature... Can't read that shit without looking for a volume control.

BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:00 pm

http://vancitybuzz.blogspot.com/2009/07 ... where.html Downloadable from this blog.

Pretty funny.

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:55 pm

LMFAO; what a couple of wankers. How old are they?
http://www.duckscentral.net/extras/pratt-taylor.mp3

I liked how the mid-day hosts today were downplaying it. Did both of them show up for work today? Somewhere "The Moj" is chuckling.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:36 pm

ClamRussel wrote:LMFAO; what a couple of wankers. How old are they?
In a strange way, I found that both had a point. Poker isn't physical, but then golf isn't either. Walking around a golf course smacking a 2 ounce ball is physical ? Come on. Yes, both can be mentally draining but arguing golf vs poker as demanding sports is asinine no matter which side you're on.

Pratt shouldn't have left. His argument wasn't that bad. Stick with it. Think. Use your noodle. Hard to do on air I am sure, but that is why you're paid the big bucks.

Taylor is a bit of a dork (God bless him) but Pratt should know that when you get frustrated arguing with a dork you have lost (Hi Farhan !). So chalk one up for Taylor here, but my money says Pratt learns his lesson and doesn't roll over and show his white tummy next time.

Since Pratt or the fake Pratt (same diff) is a loyal canuckscorner fan I will give my expert advice on defeating Taylor:

1. Don't quit. Quitters only lose and losers only quit. (This is important which is why it is #1).
[Pratt lost this battle].
2. Humour humour humour. Insult Taylor, but at least be funny. (He beat you there, and Taylor isn't funny).
When Pratt say "complete ignorance" referring to Taylor, Taylor retorts with "I know what I see"...
[If it ain't obvious, Pratt lost this battle].
3. Don't continue spewing the same old refrain. Hello ! Yes, poker isn't physical, but neither is golf.
When in doubt, rather than defending your position attack your opponents position. The reply
to "poker isn't physical" isn't a repeated "yes it is", it is "and golf is ?". Or if you want to be positive,
AGREE with your opponents and say "yes, poker isn't physical, it is mainly mental, but gold isn't physical, it
is mainly mental as well". If Taylor disagrees, then attack attack attack. (Bite and hold, then shake).
[Pratt, you lost here too].
4. A large portion of physical sports is mental. Golf is mainly mental. Poker is mental. Dave, you had the argument
but blew it completely and then quit.
[Pratt, you may have won this, but 1 out of 4 isn't good, especially when you had a good argument on your side].

Pratt, next time you'll take that little weasel.

Clam, to answer your question, Pratt is 12 and Taylor is 11.

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Stupid argument and a childish reaction. Poker is in no way athletic. There is no physical stamina involved, perhaps mental stamina but you're not going to lose your breath from reading cards. Golf at least has the physicality of using your highly trained body to swing a club and strike a ball, not to mention the walking(I know, they have carts). Poker is mentally tough and exhausting sure and takes a great deal of skill but if we call Poker a sport can we then also call a Dungeons and Dragons match a sport? How about Solitaire?

Either way Pratt is a douchebag, always has been, and if this is the end of him on the team, well it's about freakin time. the main reason the guy's existed as long as he has is because he "stirs the pot" which means he's good at making an ass of himself while the listeners tear their hair out yelling at the radio.

BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Pratt needs a Boogaard or McGratton in the room for the intimidation factor. :lol:

Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:57 am

Golf is a sport and is physical, poker isn't.

Poker is only on the sports channels to fill spots and it gets ratings. Being a Surgeon or a ditch digger is more physical and mentally draining than poker, should they be a sport also?

Pratt was very unprofessional in the way he handled this, he had a hissy fit and left the air?

Very bush league IMO.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:17 am

Jovorock wrote:Golf is a sport and is physical, poker isn't.

Poker is only on the sports channels to fill spots and it gets ratings.
(and it's cheap).
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:31 am

Cornuck wrote:
Jovorock wrote:Golf is a sport and is physical, poker isn't.

Poker is only on the sports channels to fill spots and it gets ratings.
(and it's cheap).

That's nuts and bolts "cheap" it's like the rest of the junk we're fed on TV. How to hammer a nail, crack an egg or clean our house. God it's tough to believe people need to be shown to clean their own nest. PLus of course hours of listening to some schmuk giving his cheap OPINION about who we should vote for listen to emulate or dream about. There's a shortage of genuine entertainment on the radio or TV. Flush the facts in preference for some one's unbelievable opinions Grrrrrrr
cheers

Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:03 am

We really need a FA signing to get us some better topics....

LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by LotusBlossom » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:22 am

It's hard that we don't have the speculation of Mats signing with us or do we care these days. Man if Sundin is willing to take a paycut to help this team through the WHOLE season...I'd take him in a heartbeat.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:12 pm

It's hard that we don't have the speculation of Mats signing with us or do we care these days. Man if Sundin is willing to take a paycut to help this team through the WHOLE season...I'd take him in a heartbeat.
I just assumed everyone was 90% sure before July 1st he was retiring, and 99% sure of it now.

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:17 pm

the toucan kid wrote: I just assumed everyone was 90% sure before July 1st he was retiring, and 99% sure of it now.
I'm not so sure. He might be thinking of one more year. He can still play, and if he was slowed down by injury last year he might be waiting to see whether it is healing and what the contract situation is looking like.

I wouldn't put it at 99% but it is certainly over 50%.