Sundin A Nuck

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Sundin A Nuck

Post by LotusBlossom »

LotusBlossom wrote:So my sources out in the media have told me...>Sundin a done deal, just don't want to detract from Linden night at GM Place.

Look for the announcement tomorrow or Friday.
LB called that one!!!!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=260123&lid= ... Story_main

Yeah we got himm. I sort of knew this a few days ago due to the sources I was talking about in the other thread...

But it was to be kept under wraps until after Linden night.

My source came from Edmonton...someone I used to work with.

Jeff Leyland formerly of TEAM 1040 and CityTV in Vancouver... and I knew that for a few days...but not got full disclosure until today.
Last edited by LotusBlossom on Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Re: Sundin A Nuck

Post by Bartman »

HOLY CRAP! I'm not sure how big an impact he'll make but I'm stoked to find out. Move over Mike Brown there's a new #13 in town :shock:
R.I.P. Luc.
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Any word as to whether he will be in the lineup on Saturday Night?
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Arbour wrote:Any word as to whether he will be in the lineup on Saturday Night?

Dec 28th will most likely be his first game for the Nucks.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I admit it, I did a little dance...

So if Luongo comes back can we safely say this is the best squad in the history of the franchise? Granted proof is in the pudding, but tough to argue otherwise.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Feb 21, in the TDot....I got my tickets already....YEAH...BIG GAME!
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

This is good. We get a very good player who is old but if recent history is any indication he can still play. $10M good ? No, but it ain't my money. This makes our powerplay one hell of a lot better (at least on paper).

Good move on Gillis' part. Also is a clear demonstration that the Aquilini's really are willing to spend to the cap, even when all of the wheels of the economy are falling off.

The only downside is everyone now thinks they can coast because the savior has arrived.

Who knows whether it will get us the cup, probably not, but we now stand a much better chance against San Jose and Detroit. Today is a good day to be a 'nuck fan.
JJpasadena
CC Rookie

Post by JJpasadena »

LotusBlossom wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:So my sources out in the media have told me...>Sundin a done deal, just don't want to detract from Linden night at GM Place.

Look for the announcement tomorrow or Friday.
LB called that one!!!!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=260123&lid= ... Story_main

Yeah we got himm. I sort of knew this a few days ago due to the sources I was talking about in the other thread...

But it was to be kept under wraps until after Linden night.

My source came from Edmonton...someone I used to work with.

Jeff Leyland formerly of TEAM 1040 and CityTV in Vancouver... and I knew that for a few days...but not got full disclosure until today.
^ nice one LB!
GO CANUCKS GO
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Only a one year deal, amazing addition.
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Arbour wrote:Any word as to whether he will be in the lineup on Saturday Night?

Dec 28th will most likely be his first game for the Nucks.
Thanks LB. Just heard on the sports news that he is now back in Sweden and as you said will join the team after Christmas.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

LotusBlossom wrote:Feb 21, in the TDot....I got my tickets already....YEAH...BIG GAME!
I tried to get tickets a while back but they were way too expensive. Now I'll never be able to afford them. :(

But

MAAAATTTSSSSSSS

I was so sure he was going to the Rangers. I honestly can't believe he signed with us. I still feel like we're his second choice, but if he brings us a cup I won't mind in the slightest. :mrgreen:
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

I'm very pleased that Gillis finally read my post and took my advice to get Sundin on the blower, demand to know whether he's in or out, and get on with it. Was that so hard?

Your welcome, Mike. No charge.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Sid Dithers wrote:I'm very pleased that Gillis finally read my post and took my advice to get Sundin on the blower, demand to know whether he's in or out, and get on with it. Was that so hard?

lol.. yeah, thats exactly how that played out.

nothing like being humble.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

the toucan kid wrote:I admit it, I did a little dance...

So if Luongo comes back can we safely say this is the best squad in the history of the franchise? Granted proof is in the pudding, but tough to argue otherwise.

On paper it looks like no comparison... I would say the only team that we can really say was our best was the 1994 team. I'm not going to say the WCE core was our best team. Maybe they had more skill but if you only win one playoff round, you shouldn't get considered.

Back in 1994, we had really good depth up the middle at centre. Being strong up the middle includes your goaltender. Kirk McLean was at his peak in the 1994 playoffs even though his regular season was far from impressive. The 1994 team had Linden, Cliff Ronning, Murray Craven, and John McIntyre. We now have Sundin, Henrik Sedin, Kyle Wellwood, Demitra, Ryan Kesler, and Ryan Johnson although we won't use all of them as centres. That is a pretty impressive list and it doesn't include our future Hall of Fame goaltender, which rounds out our depth up the middle. I haven't made comparisons but that would have to be one of the best groups of centres that anyone has in the league.

It was said on TSN that they believe that Mike Gillis isn't done retooling our top six forwards even with the Sundin signing. It will be interesting to see who MG will go after from here on in. But with our new found depth up front at forward, our depth on defence and Luongo in net, all we might need to go deep in the playoffs would be good health and some bad luck for San Jose or Detroit.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Sid Dithers wrote:I'm very pleased that Gillis finally read my post and took my advice to get Sundin on the blower, demand to know whether he's in or out, and get on with it. Was that so hard?

lol.. yeah, thats exactly how that played out.

nothing like being humble.
I'm going to let you get away with that. Mostly because I stole your signature and use it as my own on another forum. :lol:
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!