Canuck Injuries

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Canuck Injuries

Post by Madcombinepilot »

well.. it has happened again. I have gotten cconfused with injuries piling up, so I am ressurecting and old idea....

Roberto Luongo, Groin, Week-to-week No return date, resumed skating dec 1
Rick Ripien, Hernia, out indefinatly
Ryan Johnson, Broken Finger & Foot, Late December
Curtis Sandford, back Spasms DTD
Darcy Hordichuck, Broken Foot, undetermined (3-5 weeks?)
Last edited by Madcombinepilot on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Canuck Injuries

Post by Broda »

yeah this is pretty tough, i really think losing Johnson and bernier are going to start adding up. Its really nice that so far since Lu has been down that there hasn't been too much of an effect from it.
I was just thinking though that Johnson might very well be missed a great deal. His penalty killing prowess has been fantastic so far.. expect more shots to hit Sanford now.

Good luck against calgary boys.. I'll be there supporting you on Saturday!!!!

Go Nucks

Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Johnson has been playing injured since game 3 of the season with broken bone in his foot... then plays 2 more games with a broken finger before going to the Doc... Guys got heart and ballzzzzz .. Hope he's back soon.. Doing a great job on PK and defensive line for the Canucks
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

A little off-topic, but I'm curious as to what the Canucks' record has been over the past two years when Ohlund, Mitchell, and Salo have been in the line-up?

If you look over these past two and a quarter seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks have played over .700 hockey with these 3 men in the line-up.

The point I'm trying to get at, is that I REALLY hope the Canucks find a way to keep Ohlund (not only for this season, but beyond this as well).

Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

I might not agree with all of your radical ideas Farhan, but the Ohlund comment is on the money. He should be here for the rest of his career. He looks great this year. He is hitting and just playing an overall solid game. This team with our top six if they can stay healthy we definetly have one of the best d's in the chel... Just hope Bieksa isn't coming back prematurely.

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Last year it all was really concentrated on the D, now it's better divided on all parts of the team. :?

Smaller weaknesses here and there should be compensated better than a big hole somewhere.

And with Sanford/Schneider i even don't call the goalie situation a big hole.....yet.

I hope they get trough better than last season...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
I hope they get trough better than last season...
I think they will.

Last year - the team couldn't score worth a lick. Once the twins were nullified, the team was pretty much nullified.

This year - so many different guys are producing on different nights. A Luongo-less Canuck team defeated both the 2007/08 Stanley Cup contestants over the last two games.

Also - as tough as this will sound, I think the departures of Naslund, Morrison, and Cooke have also been a refreshing change. As much as I loved those guys, it was time for them to move on. This year - you really get a sense that this team has some "new blood" and new energy. Last year's team just seemed tired and worn out (a lot of it in my opinion, stemming from the fact that these guys played way over there heads in 06/07 and were simply burned out).

Bottom line? I think there is a positive vibe about this team. Even with all of the injuries, I'm confident that this team will be competitive over the next month.

jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Madcombinepilot wrote:well.. it has happened again. I have gotten cconfused with injuries piling up, so I am ressurecting and old idea....

Roberto Luongo, Groin, Week-to-week No return date
Kevin Bieksa, Broken Foot, DTD, possible Nov 27
Rick Ripien, can't remember, no idea when back
Ryan Johnson, Broken Finger & Foot, Late December
Steve Bernier, shoulder, DTD

DOn't be shy to update...
Rypien has a sports hernia and he's out indefinitely. He may be lost for the season for all we know. I also believe Pyatt is playing hurt.

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

just added Hordi and Sandford to the list...

Starting to look like last year..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Anyone know is Sanford's spasms are going to keep him out of the lineup or was just last night? Curious if we're going to be calling up Karl Goehring or what? That's really raiding the Moose of goalies at that point.

hoopsjunky
CC Rookie

Post by hoopsjunky »

I don't think Goering has a contract with the Canucks. Julien Ellis may be the next option.

*yikes*

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

correct. the only onther goalie we have with an NHL contract is Ellis.

But, we could sign a contract at any time.

Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Haven't heard anything on Sanford all day. I'm guessing that he's not that bad and will be ready to go for Thursday

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Team may have the day off as a travel day, so it's possible we won't hear anything until tomorrow.

jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Heard Sanford is out up to two weeks tops, he may even be ready for our next game against the Wild, but it looks like Schneider's gonna get the nod anyway.