Finally!!!! Cowan on Waivers

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Finally!!!! Cowan on Waivers

Post by puckhead »

thank [ insert diety here ]! I have been waiting all summer for this.

also, we lost McIver on the waiver wire to Anaheim, but that loss pales in comparison to the dead weight that we just let go.
Don't imagine anyone will take him, so
"Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to the Peg you go
I'm thrilled to say you've gove away
Hi Ho, Hi Ho."
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Finally!!!! Cowan on Waivers

Post by Joe Rockhead »

No kidding! How many hits did this guy take in the pre-season? Your tough guys are supposed to hit not get hit! It brings the team down.

Gotta hand it to Cowan ,he rode the Brabarian thing for qutie awhile. Not to impressed with Brown really either though,I think Gillis had best keep his eyes open for another legit heavywieght.
Don Cherry for P.M.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Joe Rockhead wrote:No kidding! How many hits did this guy take in the pre-season? Your tough guys are supposed to hit not get hit! It brings the team down.

Gotta hand it to Cowan ,he rode the Brabarian thing for qutie awhile. Not to impressed with Brown really either though,I think Gillis had best keep his eyes open for another legit heavywieght.
Good thing there is that Darcy Hordichuk guy huh ;)
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

we lost McIver on the waiver wire to Anaheim little less depth on the blue line... Burkie getting his old friends back?
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Hordichuck and Davison are not enough. There are some huge guys in our conference, therefore we need a huge guy.
Don Cherry for P.M.
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

Joe Rockhead wrote:Hordichuck and Davison are not enough. There are some huge guys in our conference, therefore we need a huge guy.

Hordi is one of the premier fighters in the league. He is enough.
We don't need a lug taking up a roster spot.

note that Jody Shelly backed down from Hordi in the Sharks game.
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Joe Rockhead wrote: Gotta hand it to Cowan ,he rode the Brabarian thing for qutie awhile.
That whole thing, and the week he scored all those goals, was a joke. Only in Dave Nonis' world does that get you a multi-year contract, especially after having been plucked from the waiver wire. Dumb move, Dave.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

No puckhead Hordichuck,while a real tough guy and a good fighter is not enough.Darcy can handle the likes of Sortini,Roy and guys of their ilk but asking him to handle Boogard, Parros,and the dude with the stache on Anahiem is asking too much. He's gonna get killed.

Jody Shelly is the guy I'd like to have. There is no way in hell he'd back down from Darcy. Darcy hasn't fought yet that I know of. His hand is hurt, perhaps Darcy and Jody had a type of gentlemens agreement that they would meet up when it counted.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of bringing Darcy to Vancouver and think he will contribute but if he's thrown to the wolves by himself he's gonna get hurt.Then what?Bring Cowan up?

Bang on Sid! That was incredibley stupid of Nonis. I'm so glad that media puppet is gone.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Cowan certainly had heart but he is just another plugger/fourth liner on our team we don't really need. I would rather fill the spot with a younger guy who has some potential down the road to be a regular.

Grizz
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Sid Dithers wrote:That whole thing, and the week he scored all those goals, was a joke. Only in Dave Nonis' world does that get you a multi-year contract, especially after having been plucked from the waiver wire. Dumb move, Dave.
One of many mistakes from Dave. Making one great move by getting Luongo doesn't make up for the many bad trades and useless free agent signings that he made.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

Joe Rockhead wrote:No puckhead Hordichuck,while a real tough guy and a good fighter is not enough.Darcy can handle the likes of Sortini,Roy and guys of their ilk but asking him to handle Boogard, Parros,and the dude with the stache on Anahiem is asking too much. He's gonna get killed.

Jody Shelly is the guy I'd like to have. There is no way in hell he'd back down from Darcy. Darcy hasn't fought yet that I know of. His hand is hurt, perhaps Darcy and Jody had a type of gentlemens agreement that they would meet up when it counted.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of bringing Darcy to Vancouver and think he will contribute but if he's thrown to the wolves by himself he's gonna get hurt.Then what?Bring Cowan up?
gotta disagree.
last year alone Hordi beat Parros, Boll, Carcillo, all pretty decicively, fought Shelley to a draw twice, and drew heavyweight Andrew Peters as well.
according to: http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/330 ... rd/reg2008
I've watched a fair bit of Hordi fights over the years, and believe me he can handle the wolves in this division.

Shelly is a moose. I'd rather have Hordi's wheels out there for the 5-7 minutes ice time he's going to get.
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Hard to argue with facts Puck .I sure hope your right.
Don Cherry for P.M.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Hordichuk might actually be the ideal, punches above his weight, and from what I have seen of his play against us he can actually hold his own on the ice. I still wish we could work Brown into this lineup somehow, but maybe our desperate offensive state means we have to keep Wellwood for the power play and shootout.
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

Its pretty obvious what the top three lines will be. That leaves the bottom guys to fight it out for spots. In that kind of battle, a Nonis pick will loose every time.
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

HOLY CRAP someone point out the "dude with the statche" is parros... also on anohter note Hordichuck has been training with Chuck Lidell. We are fine with Hordichuck. Guys like Boogard play about two minutes a night if that. Hordi can play a regular shift. He is a decent forth liner that isn't going to stand down to anyone on another roster. We don't need a massive waste of space on the bench just to intimidate. We will have enough toughness if we can play Rypien, brown davidson hordi on nights that we need to be tougher.