How to stick it to Lowe, would Vanek do it?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Methinks we shouldn't be planning our future out of spite for the Edmonton Oilers ;) Not to mention that Vanek + Sundin's salary would put us over the cap. Plus, I think you try to retain Kesler at all costs. I think he's about as untouchable as they get on this team, or at the very least he should be.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Burke left the Nucks ages ago. Why would Lowe hate us still? Next season we're easy pickings.

Either way, he doesn't hire Tambellini to screw us. He hires him because Tamb is a pro.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Since when did this site start imitating Hockeybuzz and CDC?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Plus, I think you try to retain Kesler at all costs.
Being a huge Kesler fan ... could you say that again please and ... a little louder. Ya listening MG.

Grizz
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Sounds like a crock... Why would we trade away the best forward on the team ( Kesler ) for some maybe's that would put us over the top..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Do you really think Buffalo would trade Vanek?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

The Sabres seem to come up at least once a week here, and as the resident Sabres fan I'll weigh in once again.

1) Buffalo won't trade Vanek. If they didn't do it for 4 of Edmonton's first round picks they won't do it for Kesler and a couple scrubs.

2) You actually think Darcy Regier will do anything that exciting? His offseason plan this year has been: Trade the best part of the Campbell trade for picks, get one defenceman via trade when we need 3, sign no free-agents, re-sign Miller. All but the last one are lateral moves with no thought of long term viability of the franchise. The Sabres didn't make the playoffs last year and have made no changes. They'll miss again. They seem intent on finishing 10th (I'm done venting I promise).

3) We need a scoring winger sure, but Vanek is expensive and certainly isn't a boneafide 40 goal scorer. He is a talented winger, but he plays a fast attacking style and can't set up his linemates. I just can't see a fit for him here.

4) We need a 2nd line centre more than a scoring winger.

5) This isn't CDC.