LOL - I had a dream that Serena Williams beat up Jeff Cowan

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I'll probably regret posting this, but here goes: Last night, I had a dream that Serena Williams beat up Jeff Cowan in a fistacuffs. And no - I'm not really sure why I had such a bizarre dream...but I thought I would share it.

Nonetheless, it got me thinking:

Two seasons ago, Jeff Cowan was arguably one of the best 4th liners in the NHL (for a short lived period of time). The "Brawbarian" could do no wrong, and scored some very timely goals. He hit, he fought, and he scored. Cooke-Morrison-Cowan was our 2nd line during the Canucks' successful stretch during 06/07!

So the question that I have, is how does one player go from being one of the best 4th liners in the NHL...to one of the worst players in the NHL in less than a year?

Was it desire related? Age related? Injury related?

If it was the latter (as was the case with Bieksa), then I would definitely like to see the "Brawbarian" get another shot.....even if he isn't capable of beating up Serena Williams.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Cowan had one magical week, that's all it was.

As for Serena, do you think we fit her under the cap?
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

As for Serena, do you think we fit her under the cap?
and how can she play wearing a short skirt like that?!?!?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

gotta say going from best Fourth liner to worst player in the nhl isn't that far away from each other.. doesn't quite suprise me.. majority of players only put together one or two really good seasons. Its tough in professional sports to be at the top of there game for a long time.. This situation makes guys like Gretzky be so much better because of how good they were and for how long.. i know i know bringing up gretzky in a cowan thread doesn't make much sense but i'm not comparing them really. just making a point...
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Serena is alot better looking than Venus.

Is it just me or does Venus look like a twin of Peter Worall?
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
hoopsjunky
CC Rookie

Post by hoopsjunky »

I've never had a dream with Serena or Venus. I've had one with Maria Sharapova. :P

Seriously... I loved Cowan during his streak. I cringed when Nonis signed him to a two-year extension. Plus, even when he was playing great (which was a short two-week period BTW), he was far from being the best fourth line player in the NHL.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

He had a streak, that's all, Druken had a good one, Reid had a good one, King had a few of them...then Cowan got his concussions and never seemed to get over them. We'll see if he does this year, otherwise don't see the benefit of him over Brown.
Mark
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Seriously?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If Serena clamped the brabarian with those legs she could beat the shit out of him. She ccould break your ribs if she got you in a scizzor hold. :shock:
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

<i>She ccould break your ribs if she got you in a scizzor hold. </i>...... or neck ;)

Be interesting to see if the Brabarian can up his game this year... otherwise .. Brown.
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(