Mason Raymon Ready?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

supercanuck
CC Veteran

Mason Raymon Ready?

Post by supercanuck »

Does everyone think that Mason Raymond is ready for a full time top 6 role on the team where he is counted on to produce ~ 20 goals, ~50-60 points? He will bring much needed speed to a top 6 with the Sedins and Bernier being relatively slow.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Well he had 9 goals in a little over 40 games last year, so yes I believe he can score 20 and be a 50 point guy if healthy next year. That said he's going to need someone to play with, hopefully a bit better than Wellwood next year.
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

I'm really hoping Wellwood will surprise. and be at least a 50pt guy.
Raymond is SO ready. That's one of the reasons I like where Gillis is going. Open up some spots for Raymond/Grabner, and other prospects.
I have a feeling that if the Canucks of old had guys like Kane/Gagne/Cogliano/etc, they would be on the Moose until they were 24
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I feel Mason can score 20 next year, he works hard just needs the time to produce.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I'm not sure if he'll be popping in 20 next year, but I think he's ready to be given a full time chance.

Has anyone heard anything on the condition of his knee?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Judging by the sounds of his blog back in April it wasn't going to be that lengthy of an injury. So hopefully it will be perfectly fine to go for next year. As for his production. If he secures a spot on the second line and keeps roughly the same shooting percentage as last year. Then i don't think it would be that far fetched for him to get 20 i figure he will come around 24 and get probably in the neighbhorhood of 15 20 assists. He should be able to break 40pts next year. He was the Eighth best forward on the canucks statistically last year. His speed will and should be a great asset to our Top six next year. It would be nice if the second line could have some decent speed to it. Other than Hordichuk on our bottom 6 speed isn't too much of an issue i wouldn't think. Hopefuly Kraijcek can stay healthy this year.. no more walking the dangerous steets of Washington... He has some great skating ability that could be used to move the puck from the back end too.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I realize I maybe flip flopping here from another thread, but if Sundin ever does sign here, then I could see Raymond being a great fit with him and quite possibly breaking the 50 point barrier playing on Sundin's wing. But alas, I don't see Sundin signing in Vancouver, so Raymond will probably fall in the 30 to 40 point range.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: