The FARHAN Ultimatum: 12 mill for Sundin, 12 mill for Jagr

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

As I sat in class today, not paying attention to anything that was going on, I sat an thought: "With Naslund and pretty much Morrison off the books, why not go APESHIT?! 11.5-12 million for Jagr, and 11.5-12 million to Sundin.....IF they sign by the end of this week."

Crazy? Yes. Stupid? Possibly. Do desperate times call for desperate measures?! You damn right.

Both guys - 2 years for 12 million (max).
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Pettinger-Sundin-Jagr
Sedin-Sedin-Pyatt
Burrows-Kesler-Hordichuk
Wellworth-Johnson-Raymond

Ohlund-Edler
Mitchell-Salo
Bieksa-Kraijeck

Luongo
Sanford
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Never. The offer to Sundin was plenty good. Over-good, in fact.
Jagr makes my skin crawl. Moody, flaky, only plays when he wants to. He's even more unsavory a thought than Bertuzzi.

(did i just really say that?)
Last edited by Sid Dithers on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Sid Dithers wrote:Never. The offer to Sundin was plenty good. Over-good, in fact.
Jagr makes my skin crawl. Moody, flaky, only plays when he wants to. He's even more unsavory a thought than Bertuzzi.

(did i just really that?)
And he's probably in worse shape than Wellwood. ;)
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Farhan, put down the BC bud a back away from your commodore 64. That won't happen and it wouldn't get us anywhere.

Rebuild time, which is maybe a good thing anyway. The 4 year opportunity with Luongo was a bust, so forget about that plan.

Pick up some overinflated 1 year contracts (if there are any to be had) and dump them at the trade deadline for prospects.

Pray like hell that we're crappy for 2-3 years and we are able to actually draft and develop players (and given that we have been useless at that in the past, perhaps that is a pipe dream).
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

OK - they both said no thanks, now what?

Both have tens of millions already in the bank. Why would 2 more million change Sundin's mind? How would his life change because he's making 12 million instead of 10?
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

dr.dork wrote:Farhan, put down the BC bud a back away from your commodore 64. That won't happen and it wouldn't get us anywhere.

Rebuild time, which is maybe a good thing anyway. The 4 year opportunity with Luongo was a bust, so forget about that plan.

Pick up some overinflated 1 year contracts (if there are any to be had) and dump them at the trade deadline for prospects.

Pray like hell that we're crappy for 2-3 years and we are able to actually draft and develop players (and given that we have been useless at that in the past, perhaps that is a pipe dream).
Re-build time? Nonis was re-building after the mess Burke left and he got canned.

Aquilini says re-building is not good enough and Gillis says he's got all the answers.

Therefore, bullshit to re-building.
hoopsjunky
CC Rookie

Post by hoopsjunky »

Even if this was a good idea, we don't have $24 mil under the cap.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Sundin for the max over two years? why not?

Jagr with whatever we have left for one? Not interested, and he's off the table I see making this possibly the stupidest post ever on this board...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: The FARHAN Ultimatum: 12 mill for Sundin, 12 mill for J

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Farhan Lalji wrote:The FARHAN Ultimatum: 12 mill for Sundin, 12 mill for Jagr
dude, you need some drugs to even you out. this one extreme to the other is getting a bit much.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Farhan Lalji

Re: The FARHAN Ultimatum: 12 mill for Sundin, 12 mill for J

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:The FARHAN Ultimatum: 12 mill for Sundin, 12 mill for Jagr
dude, you need some drugs to even you out. this one extreme to the other is getting a bit much.
Like I've said countless times - I don't just have ONE (retarded :)) idea or "plan" when I talk about the Canucks. For better or for worse, I have many different ideas and strategies that I I feel are worth implementing.

Having said that - I am (very) glad that Gillis didn't take my advice. ;) I am really liking this Steve Bernier signing. Truth be told, since Naslund, for the most part, was only effective playing alongside the twins for the best few years, I think a solid argument can be made that Bernier is (almost) singlehandedly an adequate replacement for Naslund.

Even if Bernier doesn't score as many goals as Naslund, his size and toughness will give us a more well rounded player.