Luc Bourdon killed in motorcycle crash.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Luc Bourdon killed in motorcycle crash.

Post by Sid Dithers »

Team 1040 reporting that Luc Bourdon was killed in a motorcycle accident Wednesday night. More to come....
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

What???????????? OMG that's awful news. I really hope this is some sort of cruel joke.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

holy fuck.

this is so sad. I dont know what to say. that poor kid. that poor family. Im so sorry to hear this.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

rockalt wrote:What???????????? OMG that's awful news. I really hope this is some sort of cruel joke.
I will second that ... does ANYONE have any more info or any more sources on this ??

Grizz
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/luc_b ... 43742.html

.http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/hocke ... eudi.shtml

Also on a on air TSn update apparently.

Looks like it's true.

My condolences to his loved ones
Last edited by tantalum on Thu May 29, 2008 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

I don't know Grizzly. I'm listening to TEAM 1040 right now but they are airing an ESPN broadcast so no news. Sid Dithers wouldn't lie about this so I'm just hoping that the TEAM 1040 report was premature or completely wrong because that would truly be tragic for Bourdon and his family if it were true.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

im on TSN now and waiting to see any scrolling news or a update. nothing so far.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Last edited by mattola on Thu May 29, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

RDS has it up.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/252651.html

translation:
Defender of it the Canucks of Vancouver, Luc Bourdon, died at the time of a serious accident of bike between Shippagan and Lamèque, to New Brunswick.

Around noon hour advanced of the East, (13H Hour of the maritime ones) it would have lost the check of his bike before hitting a semi-remorque.

Bourdon was 21 years old and it is native Shippagan, to New Brunswick. It was selected in round first repêchage of 2005 (10th row altogether) by the Canucks.

It played his first game in the LNH October 10 2006 in the uniform of the Canucks facing the Wild of the Minnesota.
Bourdon played 36 games in the LNH with the Canucks, of which 27 the last season. In 2007-08, it principally evolved in the American League with the Moose of the Manitoba, registering six goals and eight pass in 41 meet.

It began his junior career in the LHJMQ with the Foreurs of Valley OF Now in 2003-04. It has, afterward, won two médailles of now with Team Canada junior in 2005 and 2006.

After exchanging to the Wildcats of Moncton in 2006, it finished his junior career with the Screaming Eagles of the Cape breton in 2007.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Awful, awful news. I thought there might be some hope as the radio Canada article simply said he was in a motorcycle accident although the headline has now been updated to say he died in a motorcycle accident. That's 3 sources now. I really hope they are wrong but where there's smoke, there's usually fire.... what awful news for the Bourdon family. Simply tragic. My condolences to them.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

And now confirmed by his sister.

Sad indeed.

http://www.thecanadianpress.com/english ... =1[/quote]
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Last edited by Sid Dithers on Thu May 29, 2008 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Holy Shit... I have no idea how to react. That's terrible. My condolences to his family.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

I don't know Grizzly. I'm listening to TEAM 1040 right now but they are airing an ESPN broadcast so no news. Sid Dithers wouldn't lie about this so I'm just hoping that the TEAM 1040 report was premature or completely wrong because that would truly be tragic for Bourdon and his family if it were true.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Just terrible news. My condolences to the Bourdon family.

Hockey just doesn't matter today.