The Fat Lady is warming Up!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: The Fat Lady is warming Up!

Post by Hockey Widow »

Although we all want to see the kids play there are two little problems. One is cap and the second is roster limits. With the Luongo trade we should have the cap room but unless we see a number of players scratched due to injuries we will be limited on how many we can call up. Now I am sure some of the guys are playing hurt but if the Canucks try to put to many as injured I doubt the NHL would look too kindly on that. Not many we can waive without worrying about waiver pick up.

Hey there's a thought, waive Booth. Maybe someone grabs him. Even though he would not be eligible for post season play someone might want to snag him for next year. :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But seriously, to see a drum roll of kids we would need to scratch the same number on the big club.
The only HW the Canucks need
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Isn't the roster limit gone after the trade deadline?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Isn't the roster limit gone after the trade deadline?

I think after the final season game is played so no roster limit for the playoffs.

As well I think the number of call ups are restricted after the trade deadline. Why Calgary had to ice less then a full line up a few years back. So we have already called up Corrado and Jensen since the deadline. Not sure how many more we have.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

As far as New World Coming, I was referring to next year.
____
Try to focus on someday.