Don Cherry called Kesler a RAT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

When you think of Cherry giving his opinion of Kesler, try and remember what he looked like in his St Paddies suit , the only thing missing was the red nose
cheers
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Let's see...good on face offs, exellent shutdown centre, finishes his checks, stands up for himself and his team mates, gets under the oppositions skin and has scored 20 goals already this season and everybody is upset because some hasbeen from TO calls him a name? Don't see any problem here.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

ClamRussel wrote:Molded after the original rat, Kenny Linesman.
Actually Linesman was a coward. He would start the trouble and then skate away as quickly as possilble onto his own bench if he could. If one of his goons showed up he would reach into the crowd from behind the goon to punch or preferably poke with his stick blade. He is one of the biggest cowartds to ever play the game. At least a rat when cornered will fight, Linesman would turtle or go down on his knees and wait for a goon or the refs to step in after he had used his stick on somebody. So Clam I think you have insulted Kesler far worse than that hasbeen from TO did.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

You mean there's still people out there who listens to what Cherry has to say?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

I love watching Don Cherry! I think he's almost always bang on with what he has to say. I love the way he honors our soldiers past and present.

Keseler is a rat! He will only fight when cornered! He is a very good third line player. Nothing more, Nothing less.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

hmmm Keslers got the most even strength goals of any Canuck.. plays against the ops top lines and is a +2.. hits, agitates and holds his own in fights.. Please .. send us more rats :) Yes children more than Naslund or Sedin1..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Joe Rockhead wrote:I love watching Don Cherry! I think he's almost always bang on with what he has to say. I love the way he honors our soldiers past and present.

Keseler is a rat! He will only fight when cornered! He is a very good third line player. Nothing more, Nothing less.
Thats funny ... 20 goals, plays on the PP/PK, arguably the teams best faceoff man and shut down player for the other teams top lines... com'on Joe ... seriously third line ??? Take away the goals and maybe but IMO Kesler is developing into one of the better 2-way players in the NHL.

Grizz
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Joe Rockhead wrote:I love watching Don Cherry! I think he's almost always bang on with what he has to say. I love the way he honors our soldiers past and present.

I wish he'd keep the war out of <i>Coaches Corner</i>; it's supposed to be about hockey.
BigBert
CC Rookie

Post by BigBert »

...and tucker is a lady byng candidate.

cherry is a senile old redneck.
Disclaimer: This is an internet message board. The messages you read and their authors are to be taken seriously at your own risk. Remember, you don’t have ANY idea who these “people” really are, do you?
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Don Cherry is the best thing on the pinko CBC bar none!

Whats wrong with being a redneck? Rather be a redneck than a pinko!

Who else in the media gives a damn about our troops in Afganistan? If he didn't honor them who would?

Don Cherry still goes by the unwritten "code" . So does Darcy Tucker. Is it really that much of a mystery.
Don Cherry for P.M.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Joe Rockhead wrote:
Whats wrong with being a redneck? Rather be a redneck than a pinko!
Nobody said anything was wrong with senile old rednecks. They are entertaining, but I wouldn't live my life by anything that comes out of their mouth. Also, Cherry is probably more of a clown than a senile old redneck.

I think I do agree with the clown though. Kesler is a bit of a rat. But so what ? Eight games for what Pronger did is a joke given Simon got thirty. What Pronger did was worse than what Simon did and far worse than being a bit of a rat.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

[quote="Joe Rockhead"]!

Who else in the media gives a damn about our troops in Afganistan? If he didn't honor them who would?
quote]

I tend to believe that Cherry may be using the troops for his own benefit. I don't think it's appropriate, There's more than a few channels dedicated to the News
cheers
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Don the Dinosaur claimed to be a tough guy when he played hockey. If you look at his size and stats as a player, he was probably more of a rat than a tough guy, a Terry Harper type of D-man except Harper had more skill. Greg Douglas wrote about the 1968-1969 WHL Vancouver Canucks who won the championship that season and how they had to bring in Ted McCaskill to battle Portland's Connie Madigan. Don the Dinosaur was on that Canucks team and was scared shitless of Madigan. Douglas also noted that Don the Dinosaur constanly complained about having to play in Vancouver, being so far away from Ontario. He's nothing more than an EBL. Don the Dinosaur has been accused in the past of having tough players on his team and admiring goons because he was and still is a wannabe. The same goes for the support of the Canadian troops. I support our troops in Afganistan and the original reason for going there, I don't support the way they are being deployed at the moment. I've also been to Vimy Ridge and seen the names on the memorial there, Canadians who sacrificed their lives for us and the rest of Europe. I don't believe Don the Dinosaur goes to Europe very often, for a tough guy he seems to be afraid to face those he slanders with his redneckisms and prefers to have a pulpit with no opposition to his racial slurs. His support of real tough guys, Canadian soldiers is his way of covering for his inadequacities and wanting to be a tough guy himself. Take a look at the Brashear/MacSorley incident here in Vancouver. Don the Dinosaur laid the blame on Brashear for the incident since he had his nose buried in the rear of MacSorley, someone who had been suspended 12 times in his career. He also had his nose planted in the rear of the Hunter brothers, 3 of the dirtiest, stick swinging players the NHL has ever seen and they rarely dropped the gloves to fight. He blamed Pierre Turgeon for celebrating a goal for the reason Dale Hunter slamming him into the boards from behind and dislocating his shoulder. So it's no surprise considering how he hates Vancouver that Don the Dinosaur is trying to blame Kesler for the Pronger suspension. The man is and always has been a hypocrite and a phoney.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Cherry always has and always will be controversial ... not sure what he actually believes himself or whether he is just saying things cause it gets people stirred up ... I personally though find a lot of his comments racist and very derogatory. More his own opinion than actual fact ...

I guess it comes down to whether people like him for that and take it for what its worth ... or not. Certainly for me there are alot of other hockey "analysists" that I would rather listen to.

Rat or no rat, Kesler IMO is a great 2-way player to have on your team. As well he should just continue to get better over the next few years ...

Grizz
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Mr. Perfect you just lived up to your name. Don the buffoon always was and still is an idiot with absolutely nothing of consequence to say. If you don't live in Ontario who gives a "RATS" ass about what that irrelevant Old Fool is talking about. Joe if you believe that the buffoon is cheering on our troops for anything but brownie points I think you have misjudged what a cynical prick this guy is.