Foppa's first deadline approaching

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Bret H
MVP
MVP

Foppa's first deadline approaching

Post by Bret H »

If Forsberg wants to play for MoDo this year, he has to sign within 10 hours (midnight Swedish time, the 31st).

He has stated that there are 31 teams he could play for this season: MoDo and 30 NHL teams. Could soon be down to 30... and a couple of weeks ago he said that if we play in the NHL he would go to a team that could win the Cup (no surprise) so I guess that rules out the Kings. Two down, 28 to go.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=228598&hubname=nhl

Modo turned down. we now have a 1 in 28 chance :) or is it 1 in 27??? do we count ourselves in the odds lol

and yes I would take him. there is ZERO risk to him. no players move. cap is taken on and can be lost easily if he goes on the IR and it could possibly, potentially, maybe, just might, spark our Captain........

its not like Naslund is having a terrible year hes on pace for 28 goals.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

mattola wrote:Modo turned down. we now have a 1 in 28 chance :) or is it 1 in 27??? do we count ourselves in the odds lol
Can't say I would want to come to Van if I were him given the way we have been playing this last month. But Please, Please, Please, Foppa, come play with the friend of your youth.

If he were to come and to play healthy we might actually have a chance at going somewhere. Then again maybe not........
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Has anyone else heard the the Red Wings are going to land Forsberg & Sundin?!? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I read it on another board....then I heard Bob MacKenzie mention it on the radio today....we wouldn't stand a chance against the Wings if that happens..... :cry:
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

i think i agree with Cherry here... we've basically played ourselves out of the foppa sweepstakes the last month. if he's gonna sign with an NHL team, he's sure as heck gonna pick once that is a lock to make the playoffs this year, and at this point, that's not a given for us.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

stevethiessen wrote:i think i agree with Cherry here... we've basically played ourselves out of the foppa sweepstakes the last month. if he's gonna sign with an NHL team, he's sure as heck gonna pick once that is a lock to make the playoffs this year, and at this point, that's not a given for us.
That's the bottom line here with both Forsberg and Sundin, and everyone here may as well resign themselves to the fact: Neither one is interested in coming to a team tied for 8th in their conference and sinking like a stone. Hell, Eric Weinrich wouldn't want to come back here the way things are.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

I don't know how much longer I can stand the "suspense." :P
newostar
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by newostar »

It was reported today that Forsberg is not looking be a "rental" player, but is looking for a deal that goes through next year as well.

This bodes well for the nucks, as they can offer him something above the other teams mentioned, because of the pay cuts to Naslund and Morisson next year.

I think as a fan,this deal would perk my interest, even if they don't make the playoffs this year. There is a lot of things they can do for next year...so don't do the Sundin deal for prospects/young players...and go for Foppa

Nonis will never make a serious deal though.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I don't know. Forsberg becomes 35 this year. With his injury history too much of a risk to give him more than just the remainder of this season.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Why in the world would Forsberg want to play here considering just how terrible the Canucks are playing right now?

Get the idea that Forsberg is coming out of your heads, guys. It won't happen.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Eventually he could feel sorry for the Canucks and the sad-faced Orsnkoldsvik boys ?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

floppa also wants $5M per season.....
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

Id give it to him. 2-3 years at an average of 5 mil, and front load the heck out of it, so that the prorated chunk for this year is worth his time. then resign naslund for 4.5, you've got two scoring lines.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

For a healthy Forestburg.; 5 mils a bargain.. on the other hand for a guy that can't skate or play up to potential ( wait a minute we got 6 of those ) ... not a good deal. I expect it will depend on what the doc says .... However hockey is a money game not a sentiment game so I doubt we'll see Foppa..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

stevethiessen wrote:Id give it to him. 2-3 years at an average of 5 mil, and front load the heck out of it, so that the prorated chunk for this year is worth his time. then resign naslund for 4.5, you've got two scoring lines.
I wouldn't sign naslund for more than $3M a season. Naslund himself said that he doesnt feel bad for making $6M and producing the way he is as he earned in the past when he made less money and produced high. if that is his attitude towards salary then for whats hes producing now is not worth past $3M.

I would resign him for $3M and Morrison for $2.2 on a one year deal.