Happy birthday Stan Smyl (50)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Happy birthday Stan Smyl (50)

Post by mattola »

Happy Bday Oh Captain My Captain......
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Happy B-day Captain Canuck!

For my money perhaps the greatest Canuck of all time.
R.I.P. Luc.
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Time to squeeze into my vintage Canucks No.12 jersey and have some cake! :towel:
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Tukaram wrote:Time to squeeze into my vintage Canucks No.12 jersey and have some cake! :towel:
man I love your avatar :)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

A great Canuck - and possibly the greatest. Hard to imagine him being 50, though...
2021 - Playoff Bound
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Damn this makes me feel old! Probably the first player I can recall that I watched his career from start to finish. Can't say that I was ever dissapionted in the effort and leadership he gave me as a fan.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Joe Rockhead wrote:Damn this makes me feel old! Probably the first player I can recall that I watched his career from start to finish. Can't say that I was ever dissapionted in the effort and leadership he gave me as a fan.
Never thought of that before, I used to watch Stan at the old Queens Park arena, along with Maxwell, Beck, Ogrodnick. Plus of course Ernie Punch McLean. A fierce competitor.

I have to think he's the only player that lead the team in goals, assists and Penalty mins. at one time. The number of big guys he took on was truly amazing.
cheers