Edler named to Young ALL STARS - CONGRATS EDDY MONEY

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:02 am

Nice to see him get the recognition!

Funny, but I don't think of him as a 'young star' these days - rather a solid blueliner for the the good guys.
2018-19 - The Road to 82

sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:37 pm

sweet.
this kid is the real deal, moreso than Bieksa IMHO.......

Sundstrom's Bucket
AHL Prospect

Post by Sundstrom's Bucket » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:40 pm

Well deserved. He has been a pleasant surprise this year. In fact, he is arguably the most consistent defenceman on a solid Canucks blueline this season.

Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:11 pm

sk8er wrote:sweet.
Maybe yeah ... Bieksa had a good year last year ... this year wasn't going as well and then his unfortunate injury ... anyway you slice it though we gotta couple of pretty decent young blue liners.

Grizz

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:41 pm

I couldn't agree more. Bieksa is brutal. How in the hell is he not back playing yet after that scratch on the leg ? These athletes today are wimps. :evil: that and he plays the game far too rough. One game i saw him punch a guy even. Another game he hit a guy and made him fall on his bum. What does he think this is SlapShot ? I expect more from a late round draft pick than that. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:13 pm

I still think the Canucks should boycott any promo type b.s., until something is done to address the humongous travel imbalance. No Canucks to the all-star game. Let them get the rest they so well deserve.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:37 pm

SRsez wrote:I still think the Canucks should boycott any promo type b.s., until something is done to address the humongous travel imbalance. No Canucks to the all-star game. Let them get the rest they so well deserve.
Great idea! What a great way to say to the NHL "sorry, can't make it" Like the East does to us all the time......unless they like the idea & just have an Easern All Star game so some Leafs make the team. :lol: :lol: :lol:
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill

bingobango1
AHL Prospect

Post by bingobango1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:35 pm

SRsez wrote:I still think the Canucks should boycott any promo type b.s., until something is done to address the humongous travel imbalance. No Canucks to the all-star game. Let them get the rest they so well deserve.
They wouldn't notice we weren't there.

jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:45 am

Only Erik Johnson is outplaying Edler among rookie defensemen in the West. Atlanta's Tobias Enstrom takes top honours.

sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
I couldn't agree more. Bieksa is brutal. How in the hell is he not back playing yet after that scratch on the leg ? These athletes today are wimps. :evil: that and he plays the game far too rough. One game i saw him punch a guy even. Another game he hit a guy and made him fall on his bum. What does he think this is SlapShot ? I expect more from a late round draft pick than that. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:?
They play completely different styles. i love Bieksa, but I think Edler has more pure talent as a D-man.......

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:00 pm

i'm just bustin your chop sk8ter. ;) I have been known to do that to people now and then. Some people like Bitter Canuck or Happy Canuck............whatever his weak handle is; get fired up and take it personal. And that makes the blobcat purrrrrr like a kitten. :lol: 8-)

It's too bad that Bieksa did get hurt, as I would love to see how good of a defence we would have if he and matty were healthy. there's no way in hell krapcheck would be playing if everybody was healthy.

sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:15 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:i'm just bustin your chop sk8ter. ;) I have been known to do that to people now and then. Some people like Bitter Canuck or Happy Canuck............whatever his weak handle is; get fired up and take it personal. And that makes the blobcat purrrrrr like a kitten. :lol: 8-)

It's too bad that Bieksa did get hurt, as I would love to see how good of a defence we would have if he and matty were healthy. there's no way in hell krapcheck would be playing if everybody was healthy.
;)