Was that Srsez who phoned Pratt ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

mr perfect wrote:
Joe Rockhead wrote:Taylor got his vasectomy the night Bertuzzi bitch slapped Steve Moore. I dont think he's worn a pair of pants since.

Pratt is a complete waste of time.

Galleger should be taken the way of Old Yeller. A Stan Fischler wanna be.

Watching Rome almost shit his pants when that football player ( Jim Everrt? ) tossed him like alittle girl was all I needed to know about him.

Dan Russell turned into a whiny little girl when the Canucks by passed him for Jim Hughson for the play- by play jobg on NW. Atleast thaT was funny.

John Shorthouse is the worst play-by-play guy this cities ever had.

Dan Murphy is the only media guy in Vancouver I can stand.
I wholeheartly agree with almost all of your post. In defence of Shorthouse, he's alot better play by play announcer than Russell, who wanted the job. Dan Russell on his best day of play by play is still worse than if Bob Cole tried to call an Olympic game between Austria and Belarus.
It took Dan 5 years to get over the fact that he was passed over by CKNW for that job. He even did an internet gig with his hadnpuppet Bob Addison for a while after NW gave him the boot.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Was that Srsez who phoned Pratt ?

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Where is old SR these days ?

This thread is hilarious.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Re:

Post by Badfish »

Soapy wrote: But our local media is pathetic. Pratt has confessed that he does not go to GM Place & watch games!?! How can you have an opinion like his if you don't watch the games first hand. And Pratt's act is getting old...rant when there is something to rant about....it sounds so forced.....
Taylor has just gotten lazy.
Gallagher has been awful forever...where is the new blood for our young team??
One thing that stands out is that now that he Canucks are winning (Luongo era) they have nothing to talk about. They do not know how to talk about a winner! Thay never talk about how the Canucks change game to game, line match ups that work or don't work, just very basic jibber jabber. No insight, as they know none of the players. They no nothing about any prospects or draft picks. They have zero insight on the opposition.
ANd when they talk about music or pop culture they sound like two old men talking about glory days.....bands/women that were popular 30 years ago....get up to speed old man!!
Agreed on TG - all the guy can do is bitch and complain and sound ridiculously pessemistic at all times. I know, a lifetime of watching the Canucks can do that to a guy, but still, I'm tired of listening to it! Hadn't heard the pre-game show in awhile but tuned in when heading down to the Minny game on Friday and was yelling at those two dimwits more than anything. Tony's opinions on Rypin had me going through the roof, and basically throwing the team under the bus after 8 games. He makes a living off of ripping other people in his columns for attempting things he could only dream of, and is obviously bitter because of that fact! Pratts just Pratt, can't take him seriously anymore, a pre-game show hosted by two guys who've never played competetive hockey in their lives. perfect. Great idea.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Also, I can't say exactly why but I love Shorthouse. Saying he's the worst play-by-play guy the city's ever had isn't saying much! We've been lucky to have legends at that position in this city for decades, have you heard play-by-play guys in other cities? or *shudder* in american cities? Shorthouse does a great job, very knowledgeable and descriptive imo, and I love his attitdue about it, just seems like he genuinely loves his job. And hell, Rove even gave the guy a shout-out a few years back...couldn't find the clip anywhere... but he shows a hockey clip called by Shortie and goes on about how amazing a job "these NHL play-by-play guys" do/ well... it's almost a shout-out...
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Badfish wrote:Also, I can't say exactly why but I love Shorthouse. Saying he's the worst play-by-play guy the city's ever had isn't saying much! We've been lucky to have legends at that position in this city for decades, have you heard play-by-play guys in other cities? or *shudder* in american cities? Shorthouse does a great job, very knowledgeable and descriptive imo, and I love his attitdue about it, just seems like he genuinely loves his job. And hell, Rove even gave the guy a shout-out a few years back...couldn't find the clip anywhere... but he shows a hockey clip called by Shortie and goes on about how amazing a job "these NHL play-by-play guys" do/ well... it's almost a shout-out...

its funny cuz, he is the worst we've had......and still one of the best :D
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

How did he even FIND this thing?
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

John Shorthouse has the potential to be the best ever in Vancouver play-by-play history.

No B.S. He has a exellent voice, is very knowledgeable about the game, the city and Canucks history.

Just one major problem..... He never calls the f-ing play!!!!

When he does he's great. However thats not to f-ing often.

Way too much chit chat while I can hear sticks and pucks banging around.

MEMO to John: While the play is going on call the f-ing play.
Don Cherry for P.M.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Joe Rockhead wrote:John Shorthouse has the potential to be the best ever in Vancouver play-by-play history.

No B.S. He has a exellent voice, is very knowledgeable about the game, the city and Canucks history.

Just one major problem..... He never calls the f-ing play!!!!

When he does he's great. However thats not to f-ing often.

Way too much chit chat while I can hear sticks and pucks banging around.

MEMO to John: While the play is going on call the f-ing play.

whats the matter? cant figure out whats happening on your own?

Jim Robson
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I understand where the Rockhead is coming from here*. John's call leans a little towards a TV style and as such, there are times where the mental picture isn't as clear as when Jim Robson did the call. When you listened to Jim call a game, you had a complete visual impression of the play. If John worked on it a bit, he could move to the next level.

----------------------
* In light of this, I'm keeping an eye out for flying pigs today.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Thanks puck!

I'm pretty sure nucklehead88 thought I was posting about the tv play by play.

Nuck 88 theres no poster on this site that needs a play by play guy when its televised. Thats what makes this site so good.

I'm a busy guy, lots of times I'll need a radio feed to feed my jones! Shortys shit is too buffed out! Get it?
Don Cherry for P.M.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Jim Robson sure painted a pretty (or not so pretty) picture of the Canucks on the radio...

I'm with Rockhead and Puck.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Joe Rockhead wrote:Thanks puck!

I'm pretty sure nucklehead88 thought I was posting about the tv play by play.

Nuck 88 theres no poster on this site that needs a play by play guy when its televised. Thats what makes this site so good.

I'm a busy guy, lots of times I'll need a radio feed to feed my jones! Shortys shit is too buffed out! Get it?

ah yea i missed the ball on that one. youre right, when he's on the radio, he talks the same as he does on sportsnet. Rick ball does an ok job but he can really put ya to sleep. We were spoiled by Jim Robson....a fellow Maple Ridge native by the way ;)

Jim Robson
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re:

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SRsez wrote: And if you think I'm a nosewipe that lives in my parent's basement, then you're either ignorant or stupid, because everyone here should know more than that about me.
Fucking gold... :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

A part of me misses arguing with SRsez.

(the evil part!) :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I used to love Jim Robson. He had Larscheid I think as colour for a while. Robson was the best I ever heard next to Gallivan, but Mr. Gallivan was National. I love these threads and the often sharp insight on our team. The character assasination......not so much. I can go to TSN for that. They specialize. I still like the guy who does the Dodger games even if he is not as good as he used to be. I liked Howard too and Marv. Good at it. I am unaware of anyone you guys mention as current broadcasters but it sounds like I am not missing much?