Recchi - 2 goals in first Atl game

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

newostar
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Recchi - 2 goals in first Atl game

Post by newostar »

Recchi with 2 goals so far in his first game with Atlanta.

I think over time, it will prove how stupid Nonis is. Especially now without Mo, Bister, Cowan etc.
Last edited by newostar on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

If Dave Nonis thinks Recchi is the solution to any of our offensive woes he has another thing coming. This is a guy who managed TWO POINTS on the high scoring penguins, and part of that time was spent with Crosby.

He is 100% grade A over the hill. He's an older, less significant Linden.

EDIT: By Points I mean goals. :oops:
newostar
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by newostar »

Yes, he has 2 g and 6 assists for 8 points in 19 games this year. Also, Pittsburgh in general was pretty crappy during those 19 games.

Imagine Recchi coming back to play in B.C.? Who wouldn't get pumped up to come home and play for your home-province team?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

newostar wrote:Imagine Recchi coming back to play in B.C.? Who wouldn't get pumped up to come home and play for your home-province team?
I dunno, the home province thing is a bit overrated for me. He has much stronger ties to Pittsburgh at this point. Same thing with Sakic, I think for any sort of BC born superstar coming here the expectation that they'll love it and flourish will be much higher than the reality.
newostar
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by newostar »

Maybe you're right levelheaded.

I think the question with Recchi is how much?

How much is he going to cost us. I'd say it had better be pretty darn low.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

No.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Please no. We do not need another plugger. We need a legitimate top-six scorer who is not at the end of his respective career. The team has enough experience and leadership. Recchi is not the answer.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

He is 100% grade A over the hill. He's an older, less significant Linden

Only difference is that Recchi has never had a season with less than 20 goals... including last year.. He maybe worth a shot.. a slow start to the season doesn't necessarily mean hes washed up.. A low cost gamble . But the guys got the skills and talent... maybe slowed down a bit but the Nucks could use a little more experience .
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

The Mark Recchi of 10 years ago, you bet, the Mark Recchi of today, nope. He is a nice guy and he had great skills, with the emphasis on HAD. It's over he's not the scorer he was and we need a top 6 who can score, so why waste even 1 dollar on someone else?
Larionov
CC Veteran

Post by Larionov »

Recchi really slowed down during the last part of the 06-07 -- he only had two goals over the last 23 games of the regular season, and then had zero goals in five playoff games. Combine that with his slow start this year, and you have to come to the conclusion that he might be done. You never know -- like JR in San Jose, maybe a change of scenery will reinvigorate him, but his swoon during the final portion of last season is a huge red flag to me.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

If this was a poll I would say it's about 99% "NO" ... Sorry Recchi ... a few years ago it would be interesting to explore .... just not what this team needs now.

Grizz
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

I'd do it on re-entry waivers, but so would several teams with higher picks, I suspect.
Sundstrom's Bucket
AHL Prospect

Post by Sundstrom's Bucket »

Most of the people commenting here have made the point but it bears reiteration, if only to ensure we all keep a level head about ourselves.

Mark Recchi is finished. Done.

There is nothing more he can contribute to the team than Trevor Linden already does--and consider for a moment how much he is playing.
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

no matter anymore, The Thrashers picked him up.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Beautiful.

Of all the BC born players, he was the only one I never wanted for the Canucks.

Have fun in Craplanta.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)