BERTUZZI COMING BACK TO VAN CITY!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

newostar
CC 2nd Team All-Star

BERTUZZI COMING BACK TO VAN CITY!

Post by newostar » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:56 am

It looks like Bertuzzi is primed to make a return to the Ducks' lineup tonight. This boads well for him making an appearance in Vancouver when the Ducks face the Nucks on Tuesday, November 27th on TSN. (Provided he doesn't get injured again)

This is probably a scalper's dream. Wonder if he'll get cheered or booed?

Hmm, interesting story line.

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:03 pm

I really hope my fellow Canucks fans have the decency and class to cheer for him. All things considered, he had his best years here and was a large part of the team's success a few years ago. I enjoyed his time as a Vancouver Canuck and miss the days of Bertuzzi dominance (so far removed at this point). I fear, however, that there will likely be several classless fans who boo him. I think most people will cheer but there will be a chorus of boos amongst them.

That really irks me, personally. How can you boo a player you once loved and adored? Changing teams is so commonplace in modern professional players that it's unreasonable to fault the players, particularly when they don't even demand a trade.

I guess we'll have to see on the 27th. I really wish I was able to watch the game.

Good luck to Bertuzzi but better luck to the Canucks!

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:40 pm

Canucks fans have plenty of reason to boo Bertuzzi. How about two years of lazy play after his contract (granted a myriad of different controversies, but still I just didn't like his attitude out there)?

That said I think when I'm old and gray if I remember him at all it will be those 2-3 years before the contract where he was a tank and a pleasure to watch.

tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:13 pm

all the games that i wanna see for reasons such as Bert returning etc, i'm out at concerts!! dec 30th too!!, I have back stage passes for Tom Cochrane (band opening is some friends of mine)

puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:02 pm

honestly, it kind of evens out for me.

he's just an oft-injured player who has the ability, but not the desire to dominate.
I'd cheer, but wouldn't go out of my way to go to see him or anything.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!

Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:30 am

I agree 100% with rockalt. Bertuzzi is one of the greatest Canucks, and he didn't leave the Canucks himself, he was traded. How can you possibly boo him?

I wouldn't cheer him if he scores, but I would definitely give him a cheer when he enters the ice. If I had the chance to attend the game, that is.

Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:32 am

Bertuzzi was lazy and selfish his final years here..cost the Canucks a great shot at making the Cup finals (twice) had we had him against Calgary we win that easy, cost Naslund the art ross after he attacked Moore....

Then was a total cancer in 05-06.

That said I expect he'll be cheered and wouldn't be surprised if a short video was shown for him before the game.

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:24 pm

Classy organizations respect the contributions former players have made to their clubs. In spite of the Moore situation, and some uninspired play during that same season, Bertuzzi did bring a lot to the team and is deserving of some recognition. If fans boo Bertuzzi on his return it will reflect poorly on both the organization and the team. I sincerely hope this won't be the case, but with the number of bandwagoners in this city (and there are regrettably far more of them than die hards) I wouldn't be surprised to hear a chorus of boos amongst the cheers.

I hope the Canucks play some short video before the game honouring the Bertuzzi era. I think he played long enough here and well enough here to warrant that sort of respect.

Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:59 pm

Anyone that would bo Bertuzzi needs a kick in the teeth.

For the people that need to be told what they see and how to think let me try to enlighten you. Again.

What happened between Todd and the spinless puke Steve Moore pretty much spelt the end for Todd in Vancouver. If Moore had the guts to turn and face Bertuzzi like a man he would have been pumeled and Todd would be the Canucks great protector!!! Fan favorite forever!!!

If Bert B@#tch slaps the pussy and Moore goes down but gets up Todd would be the Canucks great protector!!! Fan favorite forever!!!!

Anybody notice How Markus has been playing latley??? Why do you think that is? Could it be because he has players on his line with talent and hockey sense enough to keep up with him? Instead of stone hand, dump and chase third and fourth liners. Funny he dosn't seem lazy and disinterested now! HMMMMM!

Todds last season with Vancouver was played on a line with two injured players, one of whom needed major surjery (WTF?) Not to mention the top three offensive defencemen the team had injured most of the season. You all remember the ones that would join in the rush don't you? You know creating offensive chances. Remember the ones relaced by Caney and Wienrich.

Gee, playing with players who were hampered in there atempts to keep up with Todds skill and hockey sense, whether through injury or just no talent made Todd look lazy and disinterested. HMMMMMM.

Couple all this with damn near criminal animosity from this city's skirt wearing media and the water head fans that actually buy what these braindead idiots think.

I'm trying to get tickets to this game so I can say thanks and show my apreciation for all he did while we were fortunate to have Todd Bertuzzi in our city. If your gonna boo him you'd better pray your not anywere near me.
Don Cherry for P.M.

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:18 pm

The previous post is only remotely reasonable if you ignore Bertuzzi's play and look at the faults of those around him....

Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:09 pm

Whats it like going through life with your head in the sand Toucan.

Naslunds performance since being reunited with Dan and Hank is related to some of the problems Bertuzzi had in his last season.

You'd have to look a little deeper than following the black thingy around the shiny white slippery stuff to pick up on it.
Don Cherry for P.M.

Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:19 pm

rockalt wrote:Classy organizations respect the contributions former players have made to their clubs. In spite of the Moore situation, and some uninspired play during that same season, Bertuzzi did bring a lot to the team and is deserving of some recognition. If fans boo Bertuzzi on his return it will reflect poorly on both the organization and the team. I sincerely hope this won't be the case, but with the number of bandwagoners in this city (and there are regrettably far more of them than die hards) I wouldn't be surprised to hear a chorus of boos amongst the cheers.

I hope the Canucks play some short video before the game honouring the Bertuzzi era. I think he played long enough here and well enough here to warrant that sort of respect.

There was never a Bertuzzi era.

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:17 pm

I heard a rumour that Bert is frustrated with his lack of production from Flordia, Detroit and Anaheim. He wants to come back to Vancouver to play with Nasi again and rejuvenate his career.

whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:14 am

I'd love to watch the WCE dominate again but I can't see it happening.

There's never been any sign of Bertuzzi fitting into AV's system as a two-way player.

Nazzy did it...and reaped a lot of criticism doing it, ...but Bert doesn't seem to be as coachable.

That said, I think Bert would do well under a coach like AV or Darryl Sutter who wouldn't hesitate to make him a healthy scratch if he didn't give it his all.

But he still commands a healthy salary and I can't see Nonis paying that kind of money for a player who doesn't bring his A-game night in and night out.

Bert's best days were pre-lockout and the NHL was a different world then.
Since the lockout...and since the Moore incident, the refs have been shutting him down with a vengeance.
I don't think it was fair but great players battle through that kind of adversity. Bert didn't.

As exciting as Bert, and the WCE was, I just can't see Nonis picking up his salary given his current record, and I can't see AV wanting him.

But, for my part, I'd be happy to see the Canuck organization show a video of the WCE highlights before the next Ducks game.
It would be classy.

Hopefully it doesn't get Bert all fired up for his game against us.

He still has the size, and skill set, to do some serious damage.

Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:56 am

Canucks fans have plenty of reason to boo Bertuzzi. How about two years of lazy play after his contract (granted a myriad of different controversies, but still I just didn't like his attitude out there)?
Anyone that would bo Bertuzzi needs a kick in the teeth.
Totally "unclassy" to boo him ... and for that matter any player but thats just my opinion. Bert had alot of things happen to him here ... some good some bad, some he brought upon himself .... however ... I would just like to remember him as part of the WCE line that dominated the NHL for that short period of time ....

In fact taking it a little further ... I can't remember ever in the history of the Canucks, a line like the WCE line that dominated teams and put the fear in the boots of opposing players the way they did. There were some decent lines over the years for sure but never one that made that much of an impact for the Canucks in the NHL as they did. To me thats the way I would prefer to remember Bert and his stint with the Nucks.

Grizz